PWalker

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

I was just notified that Perry passed away recently.
He was instrumental in getting this Forum started.

trois

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

He will be missed ,
He is probably rock hunting in heaven already

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

I am so sorry to hear this. Very sad news.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

It sure is.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

A great loss, I visited Perry this spring in Georgia, went rock collecting for amethyst...a real Southern gentleman.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Apparently some mis-information was related as I just received an email from Perry.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

His father notified me. He used Perry's E-mail. His name is also Perry. Otherwise,I am more confused than ever.

trois

Eatonton, GA

From Heaven; I hope !
There definitely was a misunderstanding. The sad truth is that my son, Perry Jr. died
suddenly in July of 06. --- [If you would like to see and read about my son, go to "harmd.org "and click on "victims of Methadone" then click on Perry's collage, near the bottom of the page, and it will display the brief history I wrote about my son]. Also, there is a lot of important info on that site.
Trois is one of the few I told about this and he apparently thought the news was from MY father about ME... And, for some strange reason, not long after that, Trois' e-mails were being blocked. Maybe they were being forwarded to an address far from here, hopefully in an upward direction. LOL.
Anyway, I'm still around, and being of sound sense of humor, I'm about to fall out of my chair over this.
Jack read Trois' post and sent my wife a sympathy card. Then when I e-mailed him last night after a protracted hiatus from sending any personal mail, you can imagine his reaction. Jack and Deby, and Patricia and I became good friends when they visited last year, so the news of the somewhat exaggerated report of my death came as a real shock to them. I'm out of space, will finish in another post. Perry

Eatonton, GA

Trois, don't feel at all bad about this. It's not the first time something similar has happened.
After all, our children are not supposed to precede their parents in death.
Perry Jr. had a tremendous sense of humor and he is getting a kick out of this too.

And,Trois, this could well be a blessing in disguise. The opportunity you gave me to tell folks about Methadone, and the HARMD organization may ultimately save some lives.
I pray so !

Love, Big Perry

Georgetown, IN(Zone 6a)

This is like a nightmare I used to have of reading my own obituary, and then going to my own funeral. LOL
I dont know you Perry, But I am very happy to hear you are ok.
Im sorry about your son though. I cant imagine outliving one of my children.

Eatonton, GA

Sweet note, Kelboindy ! Thank you so much !

Perry

Georgetown, IN(Zone 6a)

Perry, I have been reading some of the things people had written of their loved ones lost to methadone including your son. I never realized it was such a dangerous drug. I thought it was something to help people. Boy was I wrong!
I am so sorry for your loss, I know it has been a couple of years now, but the pain has to still be strong. I have 3 kids all in their 20's and I worry constantly about them and what they are doing and how they are getting along. Now 1 is a parent, and another 1 is getting ready to become a parent, maby they are begining to understand why I am always thinking of them, even though... or especially since,,, they dont live at home anymore. Im sure your pain is something no parent should ever have to suffer.
I am sorry.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

I guess where I was confused was by the kidney stones.
Did you both suffer from this, or was I further confused?

Very happy to know you are OK.

trois

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Well, praise the Lord, Perry is still with us! Sorry about your son though.
Happy rock hunting.

Eatonton, GA

Thank you again, Kelboindy, for your concern and sympathy. I am very pleased that you visited the HARMD web site.
I also didn't know about the dangers of Methadone until We lost our son to it. I know a lot about it now. There may be some people with chronic pain and some opiate abusers who have benefited from this drug, but I personally don't know of one, and I worked with psychiatric patients as well as patients with alcohol and drug issues for fifteen years.
We did detox a very few patients with Methadone without incident, but if I had known then what I have since learned about the drug, I would not have administered it. This is a very dangerous drug. The death toll from it has risen dramatically over the past several years.People have died from a single dose.
There are much safer drugs for use in pain management and drug detox and drug maintenance.
Harmd [Helping America Reduce Methadone Deaths] is not only educating people about the drug, but is lobbying for stricter oversight and regulation of Methadone clinics,
particularly the private, for profit ones, and for the prescribing of the drug for pain management. I hope everyone who reads these posts will visit the site. It may save the life of someone you love. Thanks again, Kelboindy ! Perry

Eatonton, GA

Trois, the "cyber age" can throw some strange things at us .
I told you about my son's demise in august of 06. Somehow that information must have resurfaced on your pc and appeared to be current. And yes, Perry Jr.did have a terrible time with kidney stones. He was near death on more than one occasion because a stone had blocked his only kidney.
But it's okay, as I said, the results of this misinformation may be a blessing in disguise.
It may save someone elses life.

It's good to hear from you, Trois, after all this time. I know that you told me on DG e-mail that you had answered all of my e-mails, but I did not get them. As far as I know, I don't have any kind of "block"on my pc.
Take care, --- Your friend,
Perry

Eatonton, GA

Thank you Weeds. Perry was a very special person.
Hope things are good with you and your's in "The sunshine State". If it's as hot there as it is here, we might as well go out and buy a wardrobe of bathing suits LOL.

Perry

Eatonton, GA

Hi Tazzy ! Been a long time. ---- I haven't spent a lot of time on the pc in a while, but I haven't forgotten my friends on DG.
Thank you for your kind words.
Perry

Blenheim, New Zealand

Hi Perry!! I found myself over here last night, and it was hard to believe what I was reading. Real pleased too here,tonight, that you are alive and about. But feel very sorry that you and yours have lost your son this way.

the guitar on his headstone is perfect..
warm regards boot

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

It did indeed resurface as current. Strange indeed.

trois

Eatonton, GA

Hi Boots ! Hope things are good for you there in paradise. New Zealand, from what I've
seen on TV and other places appears to be just that.
BTW, are you familiar with a fellow Kiwi, Bert Munro? He built a racer from a 1949 Indian motorcycle and set the land speed record at the Bonneville salt flats, Utah, for several years running. If you haven't seen the movie "The world's fastest Indian", it is about him and is one of the best movies I've seen in along time. It stars Anthony Hopkins, a tremendous actor in my book.

Thank you so much for your condolences and your compliments on Perry's headstone.
Music was so much a part of Perry's life that I designed the memorial to reflect that.
I'm still trying to take a special photo of it, but somehow, my reflection always winds up on the granite. Shooting it at an angle doesn't work and there is another headstone directly in front of Perry's that won't let me shoot from a distance.
Attached is a pic of Perry and his Mother on Mother's Day, two months before he died.

Love,
Perry

Thumbnail by pwalker
Eatonton, GA

Trois, any ideas about solving the problem of getting a full length, close up, of the headstone ?
Now, something that pertains to this forum : Saw a program on the Travel Chanel last night about "Lake Superior Agates". They are beautiful and apparently abundant in a three state area. Really gave me the rock hounding fever. Dear season will be over soon!

Perry

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Use a very wide angle lens (flat field) on a tripod, shutter release cable. Assuming a couple of feet clear view. The picture I saw looked very good to me.
Still trying to figure the delay in receiving the email. Over a year.

Eatonton, GA

Thanks, Trois ! I'll try that.
You replied to the e-mail about Perry' demise when I sent it to you a year ago.
Somehow it must have resurfaced and appeared to be a new writing. Or it could be a similar situation that I have experienced where I checked the messages on my answering machine and didn't notice that the message was at the beginning of the list instead of the end of the list. Called the person and was told " It's good to hear from you, but I haven't left a message for you in months"
In my case it was definitely "A senior moment" LOL

Perry

Blenheim, New Zealand

Dear perry that's a wonderful photo to have, your wife and son look to have the same beautiful smile.

I love that film too, I remember my father telling us about the land speed records, and found it hard to believe that there was that much salt in one place, my father did go on to explain that it was smooth with no bumps to set off speed wobbles.
My grandma lived close to Oreti beach, the beach that Bert Munroe practiced on, at that time the main things I knew about Oreti Beach, were toheroas (shellfish) and you had to be careful where you parked your car,because of slow sinking sand.lol.

glad to here you have rock hounding fever!!

warmest regards boots

Thumbnail by bootandall
Eatonton, GA

Prize winning photo, Boots ! And, thank you for the first hand story about Bert Munro.
I have been crazy about motorcycles since I was a kid, and enjoyed the movie from that standpoint, but more importantly is the inspiring story of this man with a dream that he was dedicated to making into a reality, which he did, not just once but, several times over.
The Indian Scout, that he built a lot of extra horsepower into, was manufactured here in the U.S. and was Harley Davidson's only American made competitor. I remember those old Indians in their heyday, the late forties and early to mid fifties. They were magnificent !

Thank you, also, for the nice compliment about Perry and his Mother.

Your photo of beautiful N.Z. reminded me that I have other friends in your part of world.
Bill and his wife Jan have a sheep station in N.S.W. Australia. They come to the Southeastern U.S. every spring [our Spring], to shear sheep for folks like me who have just a few of the woolly "pets". I always enjoy their visits. --- Attached is a shot of their domain.

Love,
Perry

Thumbnail by pwalker
Blenheim, New Zealand

Your friends live in a lovelly place, looks very green. it's as dry as a bone here.

we had a xmas outing after work yesterday to a high country homestead garden.

pic , on the way back, out the car window

Thumbnail by bootandall
Blenheim, New Zealand

a wee cob cottage on the farm

Thumbnail by bootandall
Blenheim, New Zealand

through the cottage window

Thumbnail by bootandall
Blenheim, New Zealand

and part of the garden

Thumbnail by bootandall
Blenheim, New Zealand

a lovelly garden to see. boots

Thumbnail by bootandall

Glad your still with us , so sorry to hear of your loss of your son
we lost our 39 year old son to heart attack in March ,
so we do understand the pain and shock.
God bless.
and keep you in health and peace of mind
patty

Eatonton, GA

Boots,
The photos are inviting and nicely composed ! ---- I know you enjoyed that little excursion.
Is one of the young ladies entering the cottage you?
A little fall color framing my old J.D. at the farm.and I tried to add one more of a section of the fence I just finished, but it wouldn't let me attach but one pic.

Love,
Perry

This message was edited Dec 17, 2007 1:23 AM

Thumbnail by pwalker
Eatonton, GA

Hi Patty,
Good to hear from you, and thank you for your consoling note.
I too am sorry to hear that you lost your son at such a young age.
Perry was 46 and that too is way too young to die.
I think, though, that they are both looking down on us and praying that we are able to go on with our lives and to find peace in knowing that they are happy in their new, Utopian abode, free of pain, and earthly woes.

Love,
Perry

Amen !

Blenheim, New Zealand

Hi tazzy I'm sorry to here of your loss . boots

Blenheim, New Zealand

Perry, thats a lovely setting for your beautiful tractor, it's about the same age as me.
your tractor looks brand new, I look definitely faded!!

the ladies are work mates, I did get a pic of me making shade, in the hot 32c day.

how is the fence going.

Eatonton, GA

Thank you Boots ! The tractor is a 1959 John Deere 420 series. It's a two cylinder gasoline -- put-put, but it does the job around the farm. It really has surprising power.
The fence is Finis--- thank goodness ! --- Now I'm cleaning out the duck pool. Gonna build a drainage system so I don't have to pump and then vacuum the water and debris out like I have been doing for the past three days.

Love,
Perry

Blenheim, New Zealand

I am older than the tractor, but like the put put ones,
you must have a large pond for that many days work?

I have watched the The world's fastest Indian ( xmas eve movie) now better get some things done.

love to you and yours, boot..

glad the fence finished

Eatonton, GA

No, it's just about twelve feet in diameter, but is really hard to get all the residual water and sludge out, after the bulk of the water is pumped out.
What I plan to do is to take a section out of the pool's wall, dig down below the lowest point of the pool, and put in a water gate and spillway. Then, hopefully, when it needs cleaning, open the gate, let it drain, then hose the remainder out the spillway.

Merry Christmas Boots ! --- We're off to the kid's for the night and tomorrow.

Love,
Perry

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images