Time to vote! Choose your favorite images in our annual Photo Contest HERE

Skin Problem

bhopal, India

Hi
My skin is dry can I use cleanser on it and of which company so that skin glows
If any one can suggest me a best cleanser and toner I will be very thankful.
Thanks in advance.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I use various products, sometimes just get what's on sale.

but in the past when my skim was really dry, i'd increase the amount of nuts in my diet.
granted, it's not instant fix, like a cream would be ... but by increasing the "good fats" in my diet made a huge difference in my skin and hair.

for moisturizers, I am currently using Oil of Oly and I also have Mary Kay daily moisturizers.

hope this was a bit helpful

Sacramento, India

Perhaps you could try oil instead of creams and lotions?
I have dry skin as well, especially around my eyes and my forehead is always a bit flaky. I tried lots of different creams but none of them did a good job.

I now use oil which I buy online at http://www.beautifulpure.com/brands Natural Brands for Skin Care products.
I use wrinkle relief which I mainly use at night, during the day I use a cream with SPF.
For my body I also use the bath & body oils from the same shop, they are really nice and I don't have that dry itchy feeling after a shower. I think they also do eczema oil, especially for dry and irritated skin so perhaps you could give that one a try.

Also very good for dry patches is unrefined sheabutter.

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

I have really dry skin too, but also sensitive to oil based products. I use the St Ives Apricot Scrub every night and it does not dry my skin at all. Then I always follow up with Oil of Olay moisturizer for Sensitive Skin because it is water base. Does not clog pores and absorbs immediately and does not leave a residue. Hope you find something that works for you. :~)

Houston, TX

Stop using cleansers & store bought soaps. They have detergents & surfectants that strip your skin & contain very little in the way of emollients. Go online (I suggest eBay or Etsy.com) & look up homemade soaps. I found several that are terrific, but I actually learned to make them now & make my own. (sorry I don't sell them to the public) I was AMAZED at how wonderful they cleanse without stripping skin. You not only will be doing your skin a favor, but you'll be avoiding chemical preservatives & other nasty things in those products. I love Neem oil soap. It's terrific & gentle. Just be sure you get handmade old fashioned lye soap. No, there is no lye in it once it is soap... the chemical changes with the oil & it becomes soap, not lye. It's not drying or harmful. It has the most glycerin of any soap & the glycerin is in a chemical form that can attach to your skin & hydrate it. For a scrub... I suggest a hemp cloth. You can also find a lot of good microfiber exfoliating cloths. Use your soap with your cloth. Don't scrub too hard. Use a nice moiturizer right afterwards. My suggestion is to buy a 4 oz bottle of emu oil or jojoba oil if you are vegan. Put some Vitamin E oil in it... let's say 1/8 to 1/4 tsp per 4 oz oil for a preservative & keep in a cool dark place. The jojoba oil can go in the fridge for 6 months. The emu oil lasts about 4 to 5 months or more depending on how cool you keep it. It only takes a drop or two of oil. Apply the oil to a freshly cleansed (scrubbed) damp face. Let it sit for 5 minutes. If you find it's too oily splash with slightly warm water then pat dry. This will leave just a little behind. Both of these oils most closely simulate the natural sebum in human skin better than anything else on the planet. They are miracle workers on dry skin. Don't exfoliate more than twice a week, but maybe once a week is better. Experiment with it. Why should you trust me on this? Look at my photo. I'm 47. I've never seen a plastic surgeon or had a skin peel. I hate chemicals. I eat right. I drink lots of pure water. I protect my skin from sun. I wear minerals every day & night not just for makeup but because they are good for skin. And I use pure oils & pure old fashioned lye soap to cleanse. Never use hot water. That also dries skin & kills off too many beneficial bacteria & flora of your skin which keep skin healthy. Good luck!

Thumbnail by skinfully_bare
New York, NY

I think this has been said many time, but the most important thing is to drink plenty of water.
Second, I would get a oil free mouturizer, you have to try a few to find the one that works for your skin.
Don't use cleaners that strip all the natural oil from the face.
and always use sun block if you know your gona be in sun alot.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.