Flopping Crocosmia

Portland, OR(Zone 8a)

Hey fellow gardeners...new to this forum/chat thing...so posted a message about my crocosmia under a different topic. Thought I would try it here too! Anyway my Crocosmia flops...it is a mature blooming clump...I divide them often but not too often...just enough to keep them crowded enough to bloom but not so crowded they won't bloom...get that? I have moved them into the sunniest spot in my garden and still they flop....I am on the verge of losing patience with them, they may soon be a memory. Has anyone had any better luck?

La Porte, TX(Zone 9b)

I have the orange crocosmia (would love to have some of the red "Lucifer". I, too, have noticed they flop. Maybe we need to plant them with an annual that needs 'propping up' too; use one of those little wire things you get at Home Depot or Kmart. (I planted mine behind my agapanthus lilies)...maybe I need to plant them 'among' them.

If you have the red, I would love to have some bulbs. I have gingers...green & variegated corms, purple jew (looks nice under trees), and/or pencil cactus cuttings (2) only, which grow slowly but to 5'-6' tall.
Cheryl
[[email protected]]

Portland, OR(Zone 8a)

I have 'solfatare' and the orange and yellow one...anyone know its name? I may be able to get my hands on a couple of Lucifer corms...I'll be in touch. But to anyone else I will have a lot of the orange and yellow ones to get rid off if you want them.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I have Lucifer I will trade for yellow ones.
Cala

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.