Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

This is not right! Do you think I would have to wake up more than 3/4 of my tubers? They have NOTHING, not even that little red pimple.

I will say the tubers look really good in theri Saran Wrap with sulphur dusting. Hardly any rotted and none were dried out.

I'm just afraid I cut off all the eyes in my need to trim them like Swan Island.

Suzy

Triad(for a few more, NC(Zone 7a)

Suzy, I am afraid one of the resident experts will have to answer that one. I am completely new to Dahlias.

Susan

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Suzy mine are all about 1 foot tall (potted up in the greenhouse) but some took FOREVER for the eye to swell up once I moved them into the warm. I think when you wake ups depends on when/whether you want to start them inside or plant out direct.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I've had mine on heating cables for weeks now and only in the last few days have I seen more sprouting going on. Originally a few had sprouted before I gave them heat and light but this waiting is maddening.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I hear you pirl. This is the longest I remember waiting for sprouts. I wonder if there was a shift in the dahlia matrix this year :o

Maybe we're stuck with the stubborn male syndrome dahlias.

North Pole, AK(Zone 1)

Pirl...That certainly sounds like fodder for an episode of Susandonb1141's steamy new hit show "Desperate Gardeners"...

Long ago I did a thread on Parking Lot for Desperate Plantwives. Now it's me! The packages keep coming and I'm stunned at all I've ordered.

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

OMG! Pirl, I hear ya!

I don't feel like I can poffer tubers upfor trade if I cut them wrong, y'know? But I don't want a dozen 'Diamond Rebel'!!!!!!!!

I have gone over to the 'Land of Tod' -- where all the dahlias are size A. By the time I grow them here, it's an automatic downgrade to B anyway. LOL! Valley Porcupine will be in the offerings.

Suzy

Triad(for a few more, NC(Zone 7a)

Hey anyone who want to get rid of some tubers less than 2ft, I will take some for trade, chocolate, veggie seeds.

Any takers?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

ARGH!!! I have extra short ones but alas stopped in my tracks by the dratted PSYCHO certificate :(

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

Pirl, I hope you have some help with all that gardening and aside from keeping up with your house,, I don't think I could manage all you are doing

Insanity keeps me company, Maria. It's been my companion for years now.

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

lol pirl, know what you mean, I have that problem with quite a few things

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.