Which petunias DO NOT require deadheading?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Are the Waves, Easy Waves, Tidal Waves & Shock Waves the only petunias that don't need to be deadheaded? How about the Avalanche, Explorer & Ramblin' series?

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I even had to dead head the Wave Petunias. I do have some that I got on clearance at Lowe's for 50 cents a pot that haven't needed it, but I think they are the trailing petunias. I love them, so I don't mind it too much. :)

Plantersville, AL(Zone 8a)

Waves do a good job of self-cleaning with little deadheading. The Avalanche are the worse I've ever seen unless they have improved them. Last time I grew the Avalanche I ended up trashing them because they looked so bad and bloomed in cycles compared to the Waves. Explorer and Ramblin' seem just as good as Waves in the independent trials I've seen, but I haven't grown them yet. Most of the breeder trials are fixed so that one looks worse than the other, therefore only compare the independent trials. I had some ShockWave last year and the only one to impress me was the Purple which matched the color of the original wave.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Thanks for the great info. Grape Avalanche was on my wish list, but may have to cross that one off. I find the petunia too sticky to deadhead, even with scissors.

Westford, MA(Zone 5b)

I grew Supertunia 'Mini Blue Veined' from Proven winners and loved it. Here is a photo in one of my containers (on left at 9 o'Clock position)

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL460/4348107/16805845/259418933.jpg

Look on the ProvenWinners.com web site for more information.

's-Gravenhage, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

I never deadhead my petunia's and that doesn't stop them from flowering their socks off. If you feed and water them well, that is.....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images