Sugestions

Kitchener, ON(Zone 5A)

I'm looking for suggestions on what to put in a newly aquired space in my garden.
I would like something with a pale yellow flower (it will sit between purple and blue) that blooms most of the season. A medium to tall plant that is hardy in zone 5.
Does such a perennial exist?

This message was edited Monday, Aug 20th 9:28 AM

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

The only think I can think of in a pale yellow is snapdragons. There is a marigold in a pale yellow too. Hope that helps some.

Portland, OR(Zone 8a)

I don't know your light exposure.. but Coreopsis 'Moonbeam' blooms most of the summer here...lovely lemon yellow...or how about Hemerocallis 'Hyperion' big 40" tall daylily...or a sub-shrub...hardy only to mid 20s...but maybe with protection...Phygelius aequalis 'Yellow Trumpet' tubular flowers, bees, butterflies love em blooms all summer. Or maybe add a little structure with a yellow foliaged shrub like Lonicera nitida 'Baggesen's Gold' ..it is fully hardy. All of these suggestions would do best in full sun. Dee

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

Double yellow datura???

"down the Shore", NJ(Zone 7a)

How about Belamcanda 'Hello Yellow'? Might be the perfect shade of yellow, and would blend well with your other colors. Nice iris type fans of leaves as well.

Kitchener, ON(Zone 5A)

I looked it up and it is perfectly what I was looking for. I think I will mix the "Hello Yellow" with the taller snapdragons for texture.
Pebble sent me some Blackberry Lily seeds a month ago and not knowing what they were I looked them up on the internet. I didn't realise they came in yellow all I saw was an orange variety. I wonder which ones I have...
By the way, I missed a "g" in the thread title but I can't figure out how to edit the thread title, just the body of my message.... hmmm

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

I have Moonbeam Coreopsis..and it is lovely..long blooming time..just finishing now. Nice rounded mound about 18" tall.
Many nice compliments have been received by people who have seen it.

Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

Heliopsis is also a very nice perennial, with yellow flowers, starts blooming in June non-stop till frost. Very easy to grow from seed. I do have some fresh seed if you would like to try it. I am zone 5 too, it has been very hardy.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.