Pink turtlehead

Do these make seeds? i just bought one that's starting to bloom now, was just wondering if they had seeds? thank you.
How about Lady's Mantle?
Anemone?
Astible?

This message was edited Sunday, Aug 19th 11:48 PM

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

The chelone (turtleheads) will have seed pods where the flowers were once they go by, the pods will be filled with papery brown/tan seeds.

La Porte, IN(Zone 5A)

Jody's right on the turtlehead. Anemone spread very fast without the worry of planting seeds. I planted Anemone about three years ago and from a few small plants, I now have a clump of about 15 or so. They're just starting to bloom here and what a great plant.

Portland, OR(Zone 8a)

Alchemilla (lady's mantle) is a notorious self-seeder. I let the babies grow where they land and move them around in the late spring. I also grow Anemone x hybrida 'Honorine Jobert' ( white) and 'Queen Charlotte' (rosy pink). Of the two Honorine is the most robust, spreading nicely to fill a dappled shaded area of my garden, I haven't moved them butif I wanted to I would divide a clump in the fall. I am afraid I don't water my Astilbes enough to keep them entirely happy...I grow A. chinensis var. taguetii 'Superba'. It's rhizome also branches underground and I have sucessfully moved them around in late spring when I see the new ones growing nicely.

Thank you all so much for answering my questions! I really appreciate it!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.