Waxahachie Plant Party - trade page

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

This is the swap page. Post what you have or think you have and lets get some trades.

Mine - I have

Evergreen Sumac - taken dmj
2 purple leafed crape myrtles - TAKEN
TAKEN
Iris - all colors mostly noids - LouC, Mibus
TAKEN
TAKEN
TAKEN
TAKEN
2 Pampas Grass - Mamajack

will find some more,,, looking for houseplants, and unique. Ginger, EEs, and any new Musa or Brug I dont have...

Please use this handy post to find the trade pages - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=4553538

This message was edited Mar 9, 2008 10:57 PM

This message was edited Mar 9, 2008 10:57 PM

This message was edited Mar 12, 2008 11:34 AM

This message was edited Mar 31, 2008 7:27 PM

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Mitch, may I have the BeeBrush?

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I can always enlarge "our" iris bed. Room for one more rose as well.

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Gat ya all - LouC come on over sometime and we can get out there and dig all the Iris and roses you want.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Just listening to the news. We are supposed to have sleet and ice this weekend. May not go to work Friday after all. I don't do ice. We most definitely shall get together.

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Yep - not in the ice - bring your digging shoes! you can all the Iris we can dig and there will be lots more for anyone else who wants any! Roses too - I have several of them just begging for a home.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

You are soooo generous...as are many who inhabit DG.

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

It is easy to share with the folks on here.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

So wonderful that the best of the best have found a home here. You being one of the MOST SPECIAL of all.

(Phyllis) Flint,, TX(Zone 7b)

I know I can give roses a home if needed and iris' ....

not sure what I will have to swap come time ..I have veggie seeds coming in the mail but am going to try seeds in the house to start some of them so if they take good I will have extra garden plants...if it won't be too late to plant tomatoes and peppers. I do have some extra seeds from last year that were given to me and I know they grow as I tried the pumpkin seeds last fall just wasn't' out early enough.

Mitch if my plumeria keeps going as it seems to be I can try a cutting off of it if you want. ...so far 3 leaves on it

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

You got them - and I would love a cutting.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

My plum has lost all of it's leaves. Moved it again today and hope that I am not loosing it. Would be willing to share any and everything. Mitch, you must also come here to see if I have anything that you could want. you got me into this and I don't know what I have that is "shareable".

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Will do - you have a lot of shareable. I would like a little of your wandering jew, and an EE if I can be so bold?

LouC is it in a pot that you move in side in the winter? and is it in the house or garage?
very far from an expert but from what I have read so far they go dormant in the winter ...the plumeria forum has a bunch of links at the tip in a sticky that have alot of good info in them

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Right - one guy in Dallas told me he digs them up, no soil, and lets them sit in the house all winter and plants out again in the spring.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Mine is in a very large, tall pot. It is still green. Have a succulent growing at soil level that is doing ok. It is inside and has been since early winter. Mitch, you need not ask, just point and say I want that, and that, and that. Some of my best are dormant but are root hardy so when the ground warms it is a wonderland again.

Mitch I want to put your Beebrush at the Fielder butterfly garden, it will be great there, and with that lovely scent will attract loads of bees and butterflies.
Thank you very much.

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Thank you Christi -

Josephine anything you want you know is yours for home or the Fielder house.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Mitch, trying not be sad. I'm not good with change any more.

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

LouC - this is good change.

I know, I know, but we won't be able to run over to each other's house anymore.

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

True - will have to plan more farther ahead.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I know about the good and I am thrilled for you. This is a selfish thought.

I guess you will just have to come to Texas on your vacation and stay one day with each of us, then we can fight to see who gets to keep you the longest.

Fountaintown, IN(Zone 5b)

Wish I lived where I could grow what you're offering, Mitch. It's nine degrees outside my window, and wind chill well below zero!!!

Mitch, what kind of sage is it you are offering?

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

The big silver one - well they are babies right now but the big silver ones.

I guess you mean Texas sage, Leucophyllum frutescens
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/ornamentals/nativeshrubs/leucophyllumfrutes.htm
If so may I have one?

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Yep - and yes you can

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

remind me to add you to the list - I cannot make any more edits today.

O.K. I will.

ezgroonly
you can grow some of the stuff
Iris
Hardy Aloe & rose bushes ...can be potted and moved in and out per season.
My folks live over in Urbana Illinois and I got mom 2 rose bushes for x-mas and she is taking 2 more home when they head back in a couple weeks. She is going to pot them in pots that she can move outside in the spring summer and back inside for winter for when it gets (((((cold)))) and my grandma lived in Pontiac Illinois and she grew iris' they came up every year.

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Reserving a spot for my trade list.

Y'all know I am not going to have a lot new to trade? Thanks to last October, I will have lots of things in the future, but of course they aren't ready yet. Most everything I can do in April will be the same as last time.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Mitch, is Texas Sage what I planted in the bed by the fence? One of the plants you gave me earlier?

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

That was a dwarf - it should not get very tall, this is the tall kind that gets big like over at TJs place.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

ok. Thanks.

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Do you want a big one too?

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I am interested in loosing as much grass as possible. If you can help guide where to put it and no one else speaks for it, I'll take it. Beginning to feel really selfish. I want others to have a chance as well.

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

I have 3 more.. ok in early March you need to come over and I can fill that truck bed up for you.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

That sounds like a deal. Will be getting 5 cu yard of Specialty soil from Living Earth next week for the veggie garden. Hope it is dry enough.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images