Yulaha and Yulee, Anyone?

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

This doesn't look the same to me!

Really, I am feeling worse and worse about this..

When this thread came back up with that picture it was just a painful reminder of my first experience of buying a coleus.. which made me feel like a fool.... and caused me stress for a month wondering if I was taken for a ride.. I don't care how much a plant costs when I want it.. I'd have paid $50. bucks for the thing if it was really the color that was advertised... I emailed a lot of my friends about the awesome coleus I was getting... I felt like a fool to get a red and yellow plant.....

I'm done with this.... as someone said it is not worth all the drama for small change. I am new on the coleus forum and it's hard enough to feel welcome here without bashing someone who obviously has friends here.

Thumbnail by ZZsBabiez
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

ZZ - I share many of your feelings. Mostly I blame myself because if there was a coleus with that coloring I'm sure more fanfare would have been made of it.

When you order from any online nursery be prepared for a little shock when you first receive the coleus. Being packed in a box does nothing for their colors but a few days in dappled shade and then an introduction to sunshine brings out their true beautiful colors.

Maybe the situation is not worth "all the drama" but I don't like feeling abused and ignored.

Anderson, SC(Zone 7b)

ZZ, please don't be too upset.

I'm new to this forum & Coleus, too. It's not the first time I've gotten something other than what was portrayed in the ad - although it doesn't happen too much, thankfully. If Plumeria Gallery has friends in here, it would do her good for them to pass on the general feelings here. If she's smart, she'll take it into account when doing biz in the future; otherwise, she might as well hang it up now.

I'm going back to a seller on eBay right now - Hirt's Gardens. Now, I've bought stuff from them before & loved them. This time I ordered Arctic Fire Dianthus (white/red centers for the front of my canna bed) but I'm getting Hot Pink flowers. (rolling my eyes) I just sent them pics a few minutes ago, so we'll see how they do.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Well, Joyce I don't know who you think is this person's friend.
I personally think that anyone who's ordered from The Plumeria Shop should let the Admins here know that she hasn't fufilled her orders from February and question whether she should be posting a new ad in the classified.

Anyone who's upset that I haven't posted behind them please take note;My attention span is about half an inch long!!!

Joyce please don't jump ship here. Your our other California connection.
Sidney
I do lurrk

As you all know I cancelled payment with PayPal this morning. Then I gave feedback on the order.

Now I've received an Email telling me my order was shipped today. Too late! That's what I told her.

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

I called her today Pirl. She had many "reasons" for being so tardy. I told her that I understood all her reasons, but what I didn't understand is why she was advertising for more business when she had yet to fill orders that were made 3-4 months ago. I had a little trouble with the one about her being busy with Mother's Day orders as I'm pretty sure my order was placed before most of those. .. ..but then again maybe not, who's to say?

Not to worry...I'm not jumping ship!!

I won't accept the shipment when it arrives. I just bought the coleus in a 4" pot for $3.50.

Thumbnail by pirl
Woodway, TX(Zone 8a)

Which coleus was it that you wanted? Dipt in Wine?

DP

Yulaha.

Rosy Dawn's order arrived - 17 coleus in perfect shape. One more order to arrive next week.

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

pirl, don't you just love RDG? I also loved Mishel's but they just dont' have much of a coleus selection this year.

I love them both! After I check out my favorite local nursery for annuals I'll order from Mischel's. LOVE the packaging at both places.

Anderson, SC(Zone 7b)

"RDG", ladies? Help us newbies out, please? :))

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Hi Cindy...

RDG = RosyDawn Gardens http://www.rosydawngardens.com/

Here's just one of the 17. Check out the size of it.

Thumbnail by pirl
Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

Wow! They do coleus right! They are always my first order choice.

Anderson, SC(Zone 7b)

Wow, nice! Thanks, Brinda :))

Anderson, SC(Zone 7b)

Has anyone bought that "El Brighto" on their front page?

SCN,
El Brighto is one that does different things according to where it's grown. It's patterned is dappled sun and almost ugly in bright sun.
There are several that do that.
Sidney

Anderson, SC(Zone 7b)

Ok, cool. Thanks! :))

I did!

Thumbnail by pirl
Anderson, SC(Zone 7b)

That's a seriously healthy plant to get in the mail!!! Pretty, but let me know if any purple shows up on it?

Freedom, PA(Zone 6a)

El Brighto is one of my favorite coleus plants, I do keep mine in full sun and it does very good for me.

Thumbnail by cbrandenburg

SC - did you mean if any purple shows up on El Brighto?

Very nice pot of it!

Anderson, SC(Zone 7b)

Cbrandenburg - that's a beautiful plant!!

Pirl - yes. ;)

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I ordered 3 times..

This message was edited May 11, 2008 8:23 AM

From Rosy Dawn?

Cathy I am also realizing our full sun maybe more intense than
Freedom, Pa's full sun.
Mine like that had 3 different leaves at one time off of the same base.
The one I hac in part shade looked like yours.
I am realizing which ones I adore and some I like. Some I tolerate and some just have to go to Jeremy's because they can't stay here.
;)

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Yes Pirl.. from RDG.. they are awesome!

Freedom, PA(Zone 6a)

I agree with you Sidney, I'm sure it's hotter in Florida. Your summer lasts a lot longer that ours here in PA.

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/6026/

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.