your favourite spa treat(ment)?

Perth,, ON(Zone 5a)

yesterday had my very first manicure, pedicure (fire engine red polish on my toes!) and lower leg wax.

I think that I have created a monster...... my feet have never been happier, (or cuter!) my fingernails are clean and pretty, my legs no longer look like those of a Shire horse......

I enjoyed the afternoon so much, that I booked a 'self healing mud cure' for my sister and I, two weeks from yesterday (her birthday) can't wait! "This mud cure increases cellular stimulation which helps to detoxify and relax inflamed and painful areas. Rich in minerals, the Mud cure is the perfect choice to cleanse and revitalize the body. a massage completes this relaxing treatment"

starts with a soak in a hot tub, mud bath and massage.....mmmmmmmm haven't played in the mud since we were kids, lol

then, the next time, I'll try the facial and the pedicure... and the next maybe a......

What is your favourite spa treat(ment)?

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

Definitely a mud bath! Then a cleansing soak and a massage. Can you spell "B L I S S"? Ahhhh.

June

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Hi Bonkers, I'm so glad that you had a great Spa Experience!

Some of my favorite things at my local spa include:

Seaweed or other body wrap, followed by a hot "vichy shower"; A facial with Yonka products; Full body massage (deep pressure) with aromatherapy ...

At home, for a mini spa experience, I just picked up some new-to-me skin care products which I think I just fell in love with. http://www.eminenceorganics.com/ The Winter has done a number on my skin -- it's getting really dry and red. I was given an exfoliant, spray moisturizer, moisturizing cream and a few samples of hydrating masques. While in the tub just now, I deep-conditioned my hair whilst enjoying a "chocolate" face masque. I sort of expected the chocolate to to be nasty, but the girl insisted that I try and said that I'd love it. OMG, it was utterly luxurious!

I came over to this forum because I wanted to see if anyone else has been using Eminence products as this is the first that I'd heard of them ...

Perth,, ON(Zone 5a)

I REALLY think I'm spoiled.... just got home from the spa.....

started out with an exfoliating rub, hot tub/mud bath and massage...... as good as a 2 week vacation....

My 'seester' really liked the mud bath.... she was yawning and sleepy when she was done. lol.....

have booked my whole-leg wax for three weeks...... I AM part Shire horse, snort!

I've never heard of Eminence products, but then, I don't get out much....

my favourite 'at home' treatment for hair... once per week warm extra virgin olive oil... work a decent amount into hair/scalp let set for as long as you want. (usually until the bathwater needs warming back up, lol) my hair's long enough to wrap around itself and clip up, rub the oil into the scalp (mine takes about a quarter cup to saturate it all) then wash oil out...... (takes more than one lather/rinse) apply a bit of conditioner. I usually use a broad tooth comb and comb it all out in the shower.....

my plan is to indulge in a spa treatment once a month....... 'cause I'm worth it!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

YOU ***ARE*** WORTH IT!!!

Snort - Shire horse. I just took a machete to my legs. Lemme know how that wax works out for you. I've never had a leg wax, but I tried a Brazilian wax once. ONCE.

I love olive oil as a moisturizer ... and I pretty much follow the same bath water methodology as you, too.

Perth,, ON(Zone 5a)

I started out with the lower leg wax, 'cause I'm a chicken...... apparently being part Shire has it's benefits... the longer the hair, the more grip the wax gets..... shins are supposed to be the most sensitive, but the back of my calves did the most complaining =) the soothing massage after had the legs forgiving me..... the pedicure left my feet happy for over a week!

so, I'm gonna try the whole leg...... feathers and all, lol definately not brave enough for the Brazilian......yet!

Seester's trying to talk me into taking her to the spa again on her 'half birthday'....

definately do the mud bath again.... skin SO SOFT......

aaaaahhhhhhh!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.