Making Memories in the 2008 Coleus Farm & Greenhouse Garden

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Welcome to 2008, I decided to include the GH garden this year,Because without it I could never make it through the Winter. We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/737937/

First I would like to take a moment to say thank you to everyone that followed along with us in 2007
I have made lots of wonderful friends, Learned from some of the most talented Gardeners in the world, I have received some of the most wonderful trades and "freebies' from all of you,

I have also had shoulders to cry on on things went bad, and lots and lots of laughter along the way.

And for all of that and much more.. I say Thank you! and will forever have a special place for all of you in my heart.

Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen to 2008....
The first signs of Spring....

Thumbnail by georgiagarden3
Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

February GH
New Brom for valentines day..

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

The Gold Brug has bloomed all Winter long in the GH

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

The pond has many living in it..Oh Boy!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Thanks, I just needed to see your oasis. It's awesome.
;)

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

And Dh was very bored over the winter We now have 3 new planter and 3 new collection planters to find a place for.

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

2nd tree planter

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

My favorite tree planter, Now all I have to do is find it a plce in the living room...

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Thank you Sidney. How have you been?

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Georgia, if I didn't know you are one of the sweetest people I have met on DG, I would think you were just downright mean! Love ya, girl and that oasis!!

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Oh Pheadra, how gorgeous is all of this???? How do you get anything done? I would want to spend all my time in the greenhouse and play with all your babies. Everything looks spectacular! Save me a spot in there... I'm coming to see you one day!

I'm actually doing fantastic. Actually you are influencing someting that I'm throwing togeather.
Here's a bit of Pheadra's secret, her DH was the original gardener. She said if he had his way it would be an extention of Callaway Gardens.
I think they are a terrific pair.
I'd also venture that they have acquired 90% of their goodies from generous traders. If I recall the arid cactus garden was the result of someone sending loads of cactus in exchange for coleus.
An invitation to the "Farm" is worth the trip.
;)

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

A short taste of 2008. Thank you Georgia

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Just what I needed today! Thanks kiddo!

Juanita

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Thanks everyone,
Sidney's right DH is the primary gardener,He loves to get out and dig(he got a mantis for valentines I now have very edged gardens LOL) We have the perfect gardening
partnership I love to shop for the flowers and research what can go where.(and trade)
And he willingly diggs the holes and creates new beds, We each have our own Perfect plants Mine are Coleus,Brugs and Flowering Tropicals,his are Broms,Tillandas, Hoyas, cactus Together we make a delightful garden... In his words "if I can dream it He can create it".

And everyone has an open invite, If your ever in the area, I give great directions,
And he gives great tours.

Does he have an uncle? older brother?, ...you get my drift,LOL.
;)

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Ditto what Sidney said! :0)

Juanita

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

In about two months, Ditto, Ditto!!

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Sorry, No Uncles or older brothers, He does have a younger Brother..Hint, hint..LOL

Well, I recon I'll bow out of the running for that one. However there are younger gardeners here I'm sure. Hint, hint, LOL
;)

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Sidney, I'll loan you my Dh when ever you need a strong back, a digger of holes, or a bed designed and TILLED.. "Has tiller will travel" LOL Plus he works cheap, a "pinch of this and that and feed'em.

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Quoting:
"pinch of this and that and feed'em.

LOL

Sorry... my mind is in the gutter this morning! I think being away from coleus this long has made it that way! LOL

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

I went there too Brinda. Just didn't have the nerve to 'fess up to it. :0) Must be this old lady thing right now.

Juanita

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

ROTFLMAO, do I hang out with a bunch of dirty ole women. Ducking, just kidding, not all of you are old. :^) Brinda, that had me almost spit my Red Bull out.

Speaking of age, a YOUNGER brother, Georgia? What am I thinking....I hate men, except for Dr. TA, right now!!!!

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

GG3... Hi

That is really a beautiful GH. What are you going to be doing about the heat in the summer? I looks like a challenge.

Good luck with you patch of heaven.

Hap

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

LOL Traci & Juanita... it hit me as extremely funny this morning and I just couldn't help myself!

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Traci & Juanita & Brinda,,Tisk tisk I am so ashamed...... :}

Ms Happy, the heat really isn't to bad all the sides have sliding doors, From about may untill November they stay open unless bad weather then we close them. Plus we have overhead sprinklers that are on a automatic timer to ease the high noon heat.

It's a little island of tropical paradise in the middle of the Georgia countryside.
;)

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

Sounds like heaven for coleus! Is that where all my dead coleus went?

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Boy, I wish they had them 30 years ago when I was up north!!

Have fun, GG3

Hap

I am astonished as usual when browsing this thread makes me smile big.
;)

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

What a bunch of nuts....lol...

Thanks for sharing the pics...it inspires me to dig into the mess my back yard has become! Took too long to work on my ponds, so other things are looking a bit scraggly now.

Maybe just a DH and lil Dbrother for loan?

:D

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Spring time in the Gh, Oh I wish,I wish I could start moving things to the outdoors.

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Tiny little Orchid is blooming on the tree!

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Help us! they seem to scream we need more room!

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Even the seedling are bursting to leave to GH

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

one more today!

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Oh Pheadra, I really think I can hear your greenhouse whispering my name, can't you? Everything looks fabulous!

Stockholm, Sweden

Nah, it whispers more like "Brinda-Alice" if I hear right. LOL

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L place!

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Ahhhh yes Alice, that's exactly what I heard!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.