Nah-Nah Brotherhood Order of the Rainbow Bridge Rememberings

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

This Order is to honor our Brothers who have gone to the Bridge before us and will meet us again there. All manly cats are entitled to membership in the Order of the Rainbow Bridge as long as a Brother in good standing introduces them with a picture of them. We can writes our memories of them and say nice things about them then.

I want to remember Baxter who went over the bridge a little while ago. My moms liked him a lot because he was so brave and fierce even though he had a paralyzed leg. Auntie Debbie said he was one of her favorite manly cats. His moms misses him a lot as he was very special to her. I am knighting him posthumously - Sir Baxter, Knight of Great Hope as I hope I will be able to face life's adversities as nobly as he did.

~ Your King, Wallingford

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Awww, Thank you Wallingford! Baxter would be honored with the title. :)

Baxter will always be very special to me, my sweet sweet little man. This was one of my favorite things:

Anytime he saw me he would stand on his hind legs stretch his good front leg up then "leap" up on me to give me hugs and head butts. If I needed a hug I would ask him to "give me loves" and he would always give me loves.

He loved to talk and make idle chatter. He was a lap cat and wanted nothing more than to be held and brushed. He loved his little sister Isaboo. They played and bathed each other regularly. They fussed at each other as well.

Baxter was 10 years young when he went to Rainbow Bridge. He fought for his life to the end. I miss my baby.

This message was edited Feb 18, 2008 7:30 PM

Thumbnail by MySharona
Brandon, MS(Zone 8a)

Oh my gosh, my mom's leaken everwhere, readen bout Baxter. Iz sad 2.

Sugarlips

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

One day I was driving down the two lane highway near where we lived. There was a horse farm that I always glanced at to see if the horses were outside. That time, I saw a sign in their window, Siamese kittens!. I just wanted to look. I thought I would like a little girl, but this little male kept jumping up on my lap and pushing his sisters down so he could be there alone. Of course, he went home with me.

Oskar was such a special cat, he was very dignified, and didn't like to be picked up. But he didn't hesitate to jump on your lap, or reach up to get his head scratched, which he did often. He could always tell you what he wanted, and would walk you to his water bowl or food dish. He would sit in front of you and tap you gently on the leg to get your attention. He was very gentle and loving, even with rowdy new kittens.

He always slept with us, coming up so quietly onto the bed that you didn't know he was there until he threw himself down like a bowling ball. We called him Elmer Thud. When he was young, he liked to play fetch and would bring things back to you long after you were tired of the game. Then, when he was about two, we got Mini, and he retired from fetching, as he was now the senior resident. He only did it a few times after that, and I suspect it was to show us he could if he wanted to. He lived to be twelve. I miss him every day, even with 6 cats in the house, he decided at 12 weeks of age that he owned me, and I cherish every minute I had with him. He's resting in the corner garden, with Olivia and Hobbes, with forget-me-nots and shrub roses nearby. My sweet boy.

Sammi nominated him for membership.

This message was edited Feb 18, 2008 7:36 PM

Thumbnail by meezersfive
Brandon, MS(Zone 8a)

My moms going "boo hoo boo hoo." Dis thread is bootiful an itz a teer jerker.

Sugarlips ☹

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

What a heart felt thread! Mike

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Horsie nominates a girl kitty...she is one of the only one that he knows, who has gone to the Rainbow Bridge...

Thumbnail by melvatoo

What a handsome boy Oskar was...and very dignified as well!

Horsie - You are very handsome too!

Here is Baxter - Halloween 2007. He really liked this hat (liked to lay on it!).

He loved to lay on his back and get belly scratches, but not too many, then it would tickle.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Brandon, MS(Zone 8a)

Snif snif. Baxter has not been gone veree long. I hope hez watchen us frum haven soz he noze we luv him.

Sugarlips

Boxford, MA(Zone 6a)

Kin yoo guyz add my brudder, Quentin? I miss him. He disapeerd layst yeer. Wee dont now wear hee iz, but he didnt cum home one day. Mommeez eyz leek all de tyme.
-jax

Thumbnail by Jax4ever
Brandon, MS(Zone 8a)

Jax, Quentin is a handsum dude. I hopes he did not go ovr da rainbow. Mayb he will show up again 1 day.

Sugarlips

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Horsie nominates his Mother-Kitty, Fuzzy Bear...she disappeared one day and at first, we just thought she was at her other house...(she had at least one more she would come home brushed and smelling of perfume) but when days went by, with no sign of her...I feared the worst. Turns out that our neighbors 2 streets over, found her body, in their yard. I still miss her, every day. She was unusual in that whenever she was called, she always came running, she had such long hair, that it would bounce when she ran. She was a very sweet kitty and even though she loved me, her human mom...she adored my DH and she loved to lick his feet! He didn't have any callouses when she was around. She would give mine, a courtesy lick...but you could tell her heart was not in it.
She was born in my living room and she endeared herself to my DH (who claims, not to like cats) when she would go for rides with him, in the wheelbox, she would put her front paws on the dash board and look out the windshield...he thought that was funny.
Before I knew what happened to her, I put a Lost ad in the paper, a 1/2 page ad, offering a reward for her return....
She was a real comedian and I get leaky faced, just thinking about her...I miss that kitty!!

This message was edited Feb 19, 2008 3:57 PM

Thumbnail by melvatoo
Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Koregon would like to nominate Nimbus. I don't have a pic of him but he was a gray/white Tuxedo kitty. He didn't look anything like his parents (mom was Siamese and dad was a yellow tabby). Koregon was the only one that he really liked. He hated Spooky and wasn't all that fond of Champagne. He passed away at the age of 15, one month shy of turning 16. I'm not sure, but I think he died of cancer. He was pretty healthy and then all of a sudden he started going down hill, losing weight and the luster in his coat. I took him to the vet, went to pick him up and bring him home only to have him pass with his head in my hands as I kissed him good-bye. I wanted him to know he wasn't alone, and that I was there. He was a good old boy. He's resting in our garden next to Cheyenne and Czar.
Susan
( '..' )

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

I, LR, wantz to nomuhnat my buddy Wuss. He lef us jus a week ago. He wuz an ol kittie, almos 17. He wuz a gud kittie an helpt me pretek our yard frum stranj catz an dogz too. He tuk care of Mom fur a lawng time befor I wuz born. We all miss him but we ar hapi he iznt sufrin any mor.

Thumbnail by patrob
Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

We, Elmer and Freddie, would like to induct our Angel Brudder Bummy into the Nah-Nah Brotherhood Order of the Rainbow Bridge Honorees. Bummy went to Rainbow Bridge on October 30, 2006. It breaked our Mom's heart and she still misses him alot. She says that he was her soulmate, and we're okay with that. If'n she loved him that much, she must love us lots too.

The reason he is so speshul to us, is that even though we are sorry that our Mom's heart got broked so bad, she picked us out to love her now that Bummy is waiting fur us at Rainbow Bridge. We make life bearable for her until we all get to play 'catch the mousie' on the odder side of the bridge all togedder, and she loves us too, we know that. She says that Moms have 'nuf love for lots of furkids, and we believe her. There's even a dogkid here now. Bummy wouldn't have stood for that, but we are putting up with him 'cuz Mom and human sis seem to like him. He is kinda fun to play with.

Mom tells us about Bummy and how much she hurted when he got sick and had to leave her. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/665038/ She sayd that she couddn't live without him, but then she found us and we maked her feel more better.

We owe all we have now to him. We have lots of toys, a little dog to torment, lots of good foods and loves. If'n he hadn't trained our mom so good, and going to the bridge when it was him's time to go, who knows who might have rescued us, or if anyone would have, from that shelter place. We thinks that Bummy knew we needed him's/our Mom, and he was tired and sick and old, so he 'cided to go there and wait for us and lead Mom to us. So... after he was at the bridge for awhile, and Mom was willing to see through her grief and lissen, he tol' mom where to find us and she came and got us.

Here's him's pitcher wif him's hawwowween punkin. We put that punkin out this year and it made mom leaky.

Bummy, we love you dude, and Mom misses and loves you still!

Feddy, Elmer and Mom.

P.S. We had to edit it 'cuz our Mom was helpin us type this and she got leaky so we maked some mistakes.

This message was edited Feb 19, 2008 8:21 PM

Thumbnail by Joan

I'm getting "leaky", just from reading about Bummy, he was a real fine dude.Tigger, and his daddy.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

This makes me cry, but it's good to think that all these loved kitties are together somewhere with a mission.

This is Sultan. He died at 5 from feline leukemia. I so miss the smell of his warm tummy.

Thumbnail by katie59
Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

We had a kitty many yrs ago named Buddy that died of feline leukemia. We've always made sure that ALL of our kitties after that got the vacc.
Susan

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Sadly, Sultan was not only tested as a kitten, but was indoors the first several year of his life AND was vaccinated regularly. Unfortunately, as we learned, the vaccine is only 70% effective. He just got a bum deal. :-(

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

That's too bad. It's amazing that your vet always insists that you vaccinate but don't tell you the risks or effectiveness. They're finally realizing that vaccines aren't all as effective as they're supposed to be AND they're also saying that we're OVER VACCINATING! My kitties and pups are done with vacc. We do however have to vacc. for rabies in order to license the pups, but I don't have the cats vacc for rabies as they don't have to be licensed and we also don't have rabies over here like they do in the valley or you possibly have in WA. We don't have the raccoons here as much.
That's like bordatella, it isn't effective until 10 days to 2 weeks after it's been administered.
Susan

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

And there are so many kinds of bordatella - it's really hit and miss as to whether you'll even get the right one.

Of course I have a lot of guilt about Sultan. I lived in a house for about 8 months and in that time he came home with two abscesses (in his hind end, so he was running). I'm sure that's where an unvaccinated cat, probably a feral, got him and gave him the virus. I tried to keep him indoors, but he would about kill himself trying to get outside. So quality vs quantity, once again.

I wish we could all afford to pay for blood titers to see whether our cats vaccines were running out and whether it was time to revaccinate, but that's more trauma to them and more cost and time to us.

I'm not sure whether we have more rabies or not - I do have lots of huge raccoons, but they pretty much stay away from the yard in daytime. And now we're getting ticks, which we didn't used to have. And more and more they are finding tickborne disease. Not yet the nasty ones like they have in Texas, but it's one more thing to watch out for. And heartworm - for the longest time there were very few cases in the state, but now there are more. There's some speculation that untreated animals rescued from Katrina that were brought up here brought some heartworm with them that has spread, but I haven't heard the latest on that.

All in all, it's a crap shoot. And nothing's 100%. We are blessed to have the time we do, that's for sure.

Mama gots all leaky eyed readin bout these wunnerful kitties that Baxter is now playin wif. Mama founds another pikshur of Baxter wif Callie (she's a g.i.r.l.).mama don't knows how Callie gots that high up in the air cuz she's a little c.h.u.b.b.y. I is not allawed to say that out loud or Callies feelins will gets hert.

Mama also snurffled Baxters belly and give him belly kisses. She does that to all our bellies. Says we smell earthy and warm.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Love them kitty bellies - speshully after a long nap. I have a Callie and now that she's an inside cat, she's a little c.h.u.b.b.y, too.

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I have been snurrfling Horsie's belly...he is not sure if he likes it.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

My babies pretend they don't like it . . . but then, the purring gives them away . . .

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Sir Lucky would like to include his friend and companion "Shivers".

Here is a tribute to our courageous little friend would taught invaluable lessons to anyone who met him: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/816841/

Thumbnail by WindSongs
Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Okay. That's an awesome picture. I've downloaded it to my machine. I've been telling Topaz bedtime stories about Shivers and what a special pioneer kitty he was.

Poland, ME

The newest Brudder of the Nah-Nah Brotherhood Order has past today. Maxcat (aka Maxwell or Big Guy) passed graciously at the vets this morning due to liver failure. He is predeceased by his loving sister Abby who passed in April and survived by this his sister Mitzi.
Maxcat was a loner. Didn't like company. Loved the outdoors! He was a bit of a bully and kept the ladies in check. Sadly missed by his Mom and Dad

Thumbnail by Mainiac

We've got lots of brudders an sisturs on Rainbows Bridge an lots of toys an budderflies too. I know you are missin him really bad now. I wannted to let you know that we will takes care of MaxCat until it's time for you to meets again.

Sir Baxter, Knight of Great Hope

Thumbnail by MySharona
Poland, ME

Sir Baxter,
Are there an chippes up there? Max loved to chase chippies.

We sure do miss them here.Tigger

We gets whatever we wants to play wif! I don know what a chippies is, but I will put in a speshul rekwest for chippies.

Its okays to misses us cause we misses our fammlies too. We has each others until we meets again.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} an headbutts an kisses

Baxter

Poland, ME

Chippies are chipmunks... They were my favorite toy! Didn't God put them there just for me? Baxter, thanks for looking after Maxcat. Could you look for Abby also.? She needs lots of luv.

Abby is wif MaxCat chasin chippies!

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

I want to remember our dear brother, Horsie who went over the bridge a little whiles ago today. My moms liked him a lot because he was so handsome and protected his moms while she was gardening. Auntie Laurie said he was one of her favorite Dave's Garden cats and you know that is special because Auntie Laurie has a whole lot of cats! We know that his moms misses him much, much as all of us do. He was the second manly cat to join the Nah-Nah Brotherhood. I am knighting him posthumously - Sir Horsie, Gardener Protector Knight of the Round Bowl. I hope I will be able to protect my gardener moms as good as he did.

~ Your King, Wallingford

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

OMG!! NO!!!!
=^..^=

We are saddened because Horsie is not here chassing chippies, but are glad to know what company awates him across the bridge.Tigger

Horsie is here wif us Miz YankeeCat. He likes chasin the budderflies. He is makin us all calls him Sir Horsie.

Baxter

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

That is my boy..he always liked his titles..Baxter, tell him I miss him so much I can hardly stand it....his Dad left his collar with the magnet on it, so he can still come inside when he wants to...Dad misses him too...

Lyndonville, NY

I wrote this over on the "How was your day" thread...and I think I am going to share it on all the kitty threads. If it helps just one of us deal with our friends passing...its worth it.

Cats are born with 9 lives they say...so I firmly believe...when they leave us...they leave one of those lives behind...to watch over us! That is why after they have gone to the Bridge...we still feel their pressence and see them out of the corner of our eye...and feel them on the bed and such. It just makes sense...and I like that.

Aunt Debbie

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.