What is the one (or ten) beauty items you could not live w/o

Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

For me it's Victoria's Secret "Very Sexy Lashes" mascara
Clinique "Quick Liner for Eyes" in slate
Clinique Clarifying Lotion (the astringent)
Nivea Cream (the thick stuff)
Dove Cream Oil Lotion
Lancome Renergie Microlift (it's never too early to worry about wrinkles and a little goes along way!)
My Turbie Twist
My manicuring scissors

I will add more when I think of them. Let's share and maybe we can get some new "must haves"!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Any Oil of Olay product and eucerin lotion

Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

Bumble and Bumble Thickening Spray
Olivella Soap (made with olive oil)
Kerastase shampoo and conditioner (expensive, but it lasts FOREVER)
Biore pore strips

Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

Covergirl Outlast all day Lipcolor

Sioux City, IA(Zone 4b)

Covergirl foundation, been using it for years. Tried others always go back.

Hawiana Tropic Island Glow daily moisturizer, such an improvement over the sunless tan creams 5 years ago! That little bit of color a few times a week helps my mood in the winter!

VO5 hairdressing, I have normal to dry hair. I have been rubbing a small amount of this on my finger tips and running thru my hair for years. Smooths the fly aways down and keeps my hair healthy.

Lip balm, preferably Burt's Bees or Eucerin.
Powders in different fragrances and brands.
Castille soaps.
Palmer's lotions.
Still looking for a perfect moisturizer.
Rose Bud Salve.

This message was edited Mar 5, 2008 5:51 PM

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Oil of Olay sensitive skin moisturizer. A must, goes on as soon as I finish washing my face. As far as makeup goes, brown eyeliner pencil and black mascara. Pretty much all I wear except occasionally lip gloss, but without my "eyes" I feel naked! Don't care what the brand is.

Lilburn, GA(Zone 7b)

Jessica McClintock perfume....been wearing it for YEARS ! Very fresh floral, not overpowering. Always gets compliments.

New York, NY

If I was stuck in the wilderness or even a some small village somewhere in the world, I think I'l manage with out alot of other things. But one thing I must have is lotion/cream of some sort. I would prefer Nivea Cream to be exact, but anything would be better than nothing. I just can't stand it when my hands and face aren't moisterized.

reeber-

Nivea is great, and it comes in those little blue tins that you can carry in a handbag. Wonderful.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Cover Girl Outlasts all day lipcolor, like DonM47 !!

Naples, FL(Zone 10a)

I have to have MAC powdered eyliner. It lasts for 2 days. Stays exactly where you put it. Also, Burt's Bees Peppermint Shower Soap. It is an exfoliant. I buy it by the case....Also, plain old Vaseline.

Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

And Aveda's Elixir. It's a leave in conditioner-like treatment that leaves you hair saof as silk. Seriously, I walk around rubbing my hair all day.

Naples, FL(Zone 10a)

p.s. I use the B&B thickening spray too!!! Awesome stuff!

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

Blast ,by diCesare,
a mouse spray that doesn't oil or stick up hair .

Rapid transport C eye serum by Signature club A

Where can these be found:
Kerastase shampoo
Avedra Elixir
Rose Bud Salve

Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

You can probably find all on Ebay. There are some reputable sellers there, just check feedback and make sure their past auctions are for selling the type of item you are looking for.

You can also go to either www.kerastase.com or www.aveda.com to look for retailers.

You don't say whether you are in the U.S.

re: Rosebud salve

If you are in a large city you can probably find it at any store with high-end skincare. I know Nordstrom carries it. It became quite popular about 10 years ago in the fashion magazines and started turning up everywhere.

This is what the container looks like:

Thumbnail by andidandi

Andi, thank you for the picture.
No not near the big cities & no Nordstroms in the state that I know of.

A ton of websites sell it. Just search and pick one. Sephora is one.

i think QVC and HSN both carry Sephora, i saw one or other early today selling it ,
both have web sites

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

I'm not picky when it comes to cosmetics. Being a Mom time requires I keep it simple :) but I highly recommend any CUREL lotion. I've bought allllll the others. I've used the highly perfumed ones from Victoria's, etc. If you want to cure bad skin Curel is the only way to go I've found.

Always on the lookout for that mascara that is so thick and long people would swear you have fake lashes on but ya don't. ;)

Sephora is a store and has its own website. I believe it sells on tv as well, as someone else mentioned. It carries a house line as well as many major brands.

Voorheesville, NY

Sephora only has stores and is online @ www.sephora.com. I use channel mascara and love it! I tried everything else from cheap to crazy expensive.

At one point they were selling on tv. I'm not into that, so I don't know whether it continues, but it did happen.

they sell on QVC

Medford, NJ

my beauty secrets:
Lash Blast by CG(THE BEST!!)
Bare Minerals foundation powder
Urban Decay shadow in YDK
Body Shop Clover Pink lip liner
Aveda Shampure conditioner
Olive oil based bar soaps
sweet almond oil
shea butter
big velcro rollers
being in love

What store did you get that last one from? Do they take custom orders?

Bainbridge, GA

Does anyone have Rosacea? What do you use? I've been using Cetaphil as a moisture cream.
Very lightly. If I use it heavier (except in winter), my face rebels. I've also been using Q10
Face Solution cream every so often and so far my face hasn't broken out. (I get welts/hives along
my chin line or upper part of cheek. I've also been trying mineral powder as a makeup and so
far so good. I apply it lightly and don't use everyday.

Gainesville, GA

I love Bare Minerals. I've been using it for over a year, it's the only makeup that looks and feels natural. It doesn't irritate my sensitive rosacea skin. I don't wear foundation daily, therefore, it's cost effective for me. I've also used Almay mineral powder foundation and find it to be a great product as well, but I prefer BM's for the high quality brushes and inclusion of two foundation colors for mixing.

My other must haves are Aubrey Originals Sea Buckthorn soap for my face, Lumene night cream moisturizer, Nivea cream moisturizer, Estee Lauder Pleasures cologne, Maybelline classic black mascara and Nivea extra moisturizing lotion. I'm in my late 40's and swear by moisturizing with Nivea products. I've used them for years.

After gardening, I clean my hands well with a creamy liquid soap such as Jergen's and moisturize well with good old fashioned Crisco shortening! :)

I'm new to the forum, I look forward to chatting with you all.

This message was edited Nov 13, 2008 10:24 PM

Thumbnail by JawjaPeach
Bolivar, TN(Zone 7a)

Baking soda for the underarms
GOJO for a complete body exfoliant. Also use on face and back of hands every 3 days. Helps with acne, age spots and fine lines.
Mineral oil. After washing face and while it is still damp a little poured in the palm of hand and rubbed over face and neck will keep moisture in until absorbed by skin. Then tissue off.
olive oil soap
Nail clippers
Cuticle sissors
emory boards
Herbal Essence shampoo and conditioner for oily hair. In a pinch conditioner can be used as moisturizer on skin.
Off brand body lotion which I buy at Fred's

Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

Guys, if any of you suffer from Rosacea you need to try Clinique's "Redness Solutions". They have a trial size combo package that has lasted me about 2 months. It is amazing! I have used prescription products that do not work this well.

You can get it on Sephora (not sure about the trial size), but I got mine at Dillards.

Jennifer

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

Bonne Bell Dr. Pepper lip balm
Dermalogica skin care (puts me way over 10!)
cuticle nippers
eyelash/brow tint
sunscreen
shea butter
good night's sleep

Shawnee Mission, KS

Hair is Highlighted...Eyebrows Professionally Colored & Waxed...Legs Waxed...
Loreal Vive for Dry Hair
Moroccan Oil Mask for Dry Hair...love, love, love...
Dove Body Wash for Dry Skin
J&J 24 Hour Moisture Lotion
Dove deo
Creme de la Mer Face Cream
Creme de la Mer SPF for Face
Velcro Rollers
Mario Tricoci Hair Shine
Dove Hair Spray Mist
Darphin Pressed Powder
Nars Powder Blush
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick
Lancome Sheer Ivory Eye Shadow