WELCOME...newbie traders continued

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

this thread is continued from here.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/823435/

Lindenhurst, NY

HI Mama, I'm not new, but just wanted to say that was really a nice thread you started to help out the new people.
Happy spring:-)

Elkins, AR

Thanks mama!!!!

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

this is weird, I posted something meant for PF and it came here. that is the 2nd time something like this happens today

This message was edited Mar 16, 2008 10:22 PM

This message was edited Mar 16, 2008 10:26 PM

Rockton, PA

Hi Mama,
Enjoyed reading this thread.
I am just now starting to think about gardening here. The snowdrops are just starting to bloom. Maybe a crocus will pop out today,a little later than usual.
I do have to say that I have gotten some wonderful plants from the many generous traders at this site.
I thank them all.
Aline

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

hello aline. long time since we talked. i hope you are doing well. how cold are you?

and nery.........are you home?

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

hey, mama, what's this Princess Kathy business I keep seeing in the threads, but heavy in your thread prior to this? I have GOT to know. :-)

Norfolk, VA

LOL 4paws........it's a game some of us are playing, we must address the Princess of the month in every post we make on DG, and we have to follow her rules to gain points... here's the link

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/823803/

May Princess Kathy be amused by our antics
I Love Miss Joan
:oP

this week we have to tell one of the Ladies in Waiting that we love them on every post....
it's a silly game but we are having way too much fun!!

mamajack, thank you for this thread. I am new here (since Oct.), and have met a lot of good people in a short time. I am learning quite a bit from this thread, and will try to not be as intimidated as I have been.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Me too! And I love Miss Beckie and Princess Kathy! :)

Central, VA(Zone 7b)

I'm going to have to check out the link above. I was on one of the threads where you all were chatting back and forth and felt very confused about the princess and ladies in waiting. Mamajack, I thought you were a fairy, or an elf, or there was something magic about you. Hmmmm...I must find out.

Joey in Conroe, TX(Zone 8b)

I too, have just found this thread and have learned so much from it. Thank you so much for sarting it mamajack! I have been afraid to do any plant trades myself. I have joined Robbi's March Mayhem seed, and another that some brave newbies started themselves.
So my socks are at least damp in the trading department. :~) I took the plunge last week and contacted a member about a plant they had on their trade list that I wanted, but their wish list was full of things I had never heard of before, (these really neat succulents) and asked if they would like anything more common. Turns out they didn't need or want anything I had, but are sending my request anyway!
So there are plenty of generous and patient peolpe her at DG! And you can bet if I ever run across any of those little alien succulents I am going to pick one up for this DGer, just to repay their kindness.
I haven't done a trade list yet because I'm not sure how to list my haves. So many of my plants came from my grandmother's garden or were given to me by friends and neighbors. I have a crinum I have been hauling around for almost 20 years. I haven't seen it bloom in almost 3 due to it being kept in a pot under less than ideal conditions (but it's coming back now!). I have several agapanthus from several different neighbors and my new neighbors just brought me 3 wisterias, some cannas and a gardenia! So I have no idea how to list these things since I have no idea what they are LOL.
My garden may not be well labeled, but I can walk by each plant and think of the kind friends who shared their garden with me!
I think plants are like books, best when shared!

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

pamgarden...there is a small group of ladies on daves that have this game that they play. every month the PRINCESS makes up new rules that each must follow. if one of them catches the other breaking a rule then points are taken away. one rule i think that never changes though is that when one of them posts they must always mention something about the current princess in every post. the princess changes every month. i am not one of them but if i can find out the rules for the month i am always trying to make them mess up. lol. just the way i am.

jojoringer...sounds like you are off to good start. plenty of time to learn how to do a trade list...that's winter time work to me though. i did miss working on mine this past winter though since we never really had much of one. lots of dg'ers are like that. really kind and thoughtful people. and sometimes the people who don't sound nice right then are just having a bad day.

just don't give up trying to trade. i too with all of my plants occ. get a person who will not trade with me. the fools!!! lol.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Hey mama, said that like a pro! :oP And she is right, she LOVES to try to mess me up all the time! LOL

All my love to Miss Robbi and Princess Kathy

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Joey when and if you come this week I can load you up with some things if you like.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

riverland...joey? coming to your house? i wanna come. bwaaaaa!! what are you giving her? am i gonna want one too? lol.

misty, who the heck is miss robbi? is this the new part of the rules? who is kathy...daves name?

TEHETEHETEHETEHE.....now who knows what that means? misty can't play.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

You are such an ornery little brat, you know that dontcha! HA HA HA

I love Miss Cathy
I hope Princess Kathy has a blessed evening!

I'd even give mamajack a great big hug if I got to meet her! TEHETEHETEHETEHE

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Come anytime you like. Joey is supposed to be here sometime this week to see some family. You want one? I know you have everything that is in my yard.LOL You know you are welcome to anything I have.

Robbi is distantkin, Kathy is jordonkittyjo

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

river, you ain't in this madness are you? did i send you the canna list? didn't you ask for it?

WHERE ARE THE NEWBIES? COME ON out and play with us.

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

No I am not in that madness. No you didn't send a canna list but it wasn't me who asked.Lol someone out there is waitingggggg.

Joey in Conroe, TX(Zone 8b)

Oh thank you Cindy! I was waiting to contact you until I knew for sure when we were coming. It looks like we will be headed that way tomorrow, and will be staying until Thursday, possibly Friday. My husband can't decide if we should come home or just meet him in NO for Easter LOL, either way if I don't get to WM soon, I will officially be disowned! Oh and Zeke (and my daughter and myself) would just love to see you little donkey foal. Thanks so much!
I'm still on my seed pack high and my kids are still hungry LOL so I had better go prioritize!

Elkins, AR

Misty, go get some potting soil and a bunch of 4" pots, I'm shipping in the A.M. Boy are you gonna be busy.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

WOOOOO HOOOOOOO sounds good to me! :o) Will get to the store tomorrow! :) Thank you again for being so kind and generous!!!

I love Miss Robbi
I love mamajack! :oP
May Princess Kathy be full of smiles

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

how come i get THAT kind of smiley face?

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

I think that is another one of there rules that they have to do each post this month or week or something. Anyway this month they gotta love somebody and you got it babe!!!! See you are appreciated.
By the way my tall white petunia is doing great. I have rooted about 10 starts of of it. The poppy mallow? is coming back strong. You know that's the fun thing about trading. I walk along and think of my dg buddies as I see plants that have been shared with me.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

you think she only said that because she HAD to? i was feelin' it cindy. such a disappointment. glad you like the plants. i am going to be looking for my crocosmia this year too. how did yours do? i waited too long i think to plant them but we'll see.

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

None of my crocs bloomed last year that you and I ordered but they are coming up nicely now. I ordered a bunch for Mark(mr.Crocosmia this year and they are up and going in the greenhouse. I have had no luck with the maripose lilies(sp) that we got. I don't know how you keep up with what all you have. I am a terrible record keeper. I do keep invoices though and when I look back I wonder what happen to that or where did I plant that. Sometimes it is more like What is that. I can't do seeds in my beds because I can't tell a weed from a flower. Rural living has lots of weedy plants.

She loves you cause she loves ya. She could have picked anyone and she picked you.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I LOVE MAMAJACK ♥
I love Miss Robbi
And our dear Princess Kathy, too! :)

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

well now looky there. see that heart, river? yep, she loves me. lol

and what did you order from mark? i ordered some as well. do you have yours yet? ooooooooooooh.............we have trade stuff for each other. is that not wonderful?!!!!! lol.
i love river.
i love misty.
i love e.v. and cactus jack.
and i love river's crocosmia. lol.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

ROTFLOL @ mamajack!!! :oP
Of course I love your ornery li'l self mamajack! :) And I love Miss Beckie, and I love NWGordon cause he sends me nice plants! And our Princess Kathy is beautiful, too!

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

tehetehetehe. when i don't know what to say that just seems to fit the bill ... much like supercali did for mary poppins.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Isn't that TEEHEETEEHEE mama? :oP

I love mamajack cause she is so ornery! :)
I love Miss Robbi
And may Princess Kathy have beautiful flowers blooming today

Norfolk, VA

ahem, Miss Tammy you forgot to separate your I Love You's in the above post!!

I Love Miss Tammy cuz she's just too cute
I Love Riverland
;O}~
may Princess Kathy always have onions on her plate and not in the remainder of the dried grass in her yard

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

what?!!! what is the rule? tell me quick. separating? oooooooooooooooh, now i see it. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
TEHETEHETEHE

BHAUGH...what kind of smiley is that?

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Hi all, we are still floating, rains have been unfreakingbelieveable. My gauge overflowed at 7 inches. I walked the yard yesterday, quickly cause it was very cool out, and noticed all my showy stonecrop is up and spreading out. It will have to be thinned this year. Surprise lilies are the same way. I have all kinds of spring bloomers up and a few crocus blooming. I think spring is finally on it's way.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

do you know moonlighter, robyn? wonder if his part of mo. is under water?

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

No I don't, do you know where he lives?

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I just checked moonlighters address and that is northwest of me and they didn't get the rain that we did. It was mostly down south and southeast of here.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

thank you robyn. glad ol jay is ok. is your area under water?

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

There is quit a bit under water around here. They had to close part of the interstate by us because the water is over both east and west bound lanes. For a while yesterday they had a no detour because everything was underwater. They do have one route open now and will probably have the interstate open this afternoon. My 40 across pond is now about 80 foot across, my basement flooded, but is good now and all our land is a soggy mess. The horses are slipping all over the place from the mud.

Warren, OH(Zone 5b)

I just got a request from Red Cross National to go to MO for the floods. I cannot go this time because we too are flooding, but I am hoping those of you that live there are ok. Remember, if you have flooding, call your local Red Cross, they can help you. If you need a place to stay, food replaced, clothing replaced they will help. We are flooding now, and our team is on standby for opening a shelter for the flood victims here. Rivers are still rising here in NE Ohio. I lit my candle for the floods, and am still praying for you all. In the last month we have had to help many families because of flooding here. Playing with my seeds and seedlings definatly helps keep my mind off of things for awhile!
Stay safe and dry,
Kathy & Gus the Red Cross Puppy
American Red Cross Disaster Team

Thumbnail by guspuppy

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.