SOLVED: Does anybody know the name...

Huntington, AR

This message was edited Apr 9, 2008 12:59 PM

Huntington, AR

This message was edited Apr 9, 2008 12:59 PM

San Gerardo de Rivas, Costa Rica(Zone 12b)

Face-biting monkeys? Mine don't do that!

Huntington, AR

This message was edited Apr 9, 2008 12:58 PM

Port Charlotte, FL(Zone 10a)

Seriously...

I think Vanillaman is really going to be pleased with the aesthetic effect that containers have on his property. I really liked my property before I started getting into them, but it just amazing how they've enhanced it.

By the way...you guys are welcome here anytime you're visiting these parts.

Thumbnail by KatG

This message was edited Apr 9, 2008 8:38 PM

Favorite food of Face biting monkeys=Poke Preserves

This message was edited Apr 9, 2008 2:43 PM

This message was edited Apr 9, 2008 2:41 PM

Huntington, AR

Huntington, AR

This message was edited Apr 9, 2008 2:40 PM

Huntington, AR

This message was edited Apr 9, 2008 12:57 PM

This message was edited Apr 9, 2008 2:39 PM

Huntington, AR

This message was edited Apr 9, 2008 12:57 PM

You too Peaches. I gotta get going too. There are some rather large June bugs flying in the front door right now so I need to get them out! Night you two!

I'm telling you Peaches...you're just too sharp! I have to admit that I had to pull myself away from the computer after you referred to Florida as a dump. You have totally unveiled the secret of Florida...We're not next to Maine, we got blown up under Nebraska during the last hurricane.

This was January 2008 looking out of my Master Bedroom window!

Well guys it's been fun and I actually have a job I have to get up for....yikes!

Take Care...Kat

Thumbnail by KatG

That's a beautiful photo Kat! Unfortunately it makes me shiver right to the marrow though. Brings back memories of Canada, brrrrrr! At least it's nice and sunny.

Vanillaman? Are you from Canada???

Thank you all so much for identifying this beautiful plant! (Who edited all the messages?)

Anyways...here's an update on Baby Sunrose! It's just too cool!

Kat

Thumbnail by KatG
San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

It is a beautiful plant. Everything looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing the photo.

Saint Louis, MO

Peachespicket, why don't you like pretty plants? While I do think nearly all plants are pretty, I am always drawn more to the the most colorful or interestingly marked plants. I have to be very careful not to overdue the color, though. I have to constantly remind myself that if a little is good, alot is NOT better. The containers shown at the top of this thread are breathtaking to me! I'm not trying to grill you on this, only like to hear other points of view...thanks!
Chris

This message was edited May 20, 2008 4:30 PM

Huntington, AR

I do agree, first of all that all plants are beautiful in their own particular way. I lived in Death Valley and also Northern Nevada for a while in my youth, and I guess to me the prettiest plants are the half-dead ones out in some lonely place, clinging to rocks in the same way they cling to life, putting all their energy into growing or blooming only when conditions are right. The prettiest plants to me are old singleleaf pinyons or sagebrush. Of course that's not to say that I don't have pretty plants, like California poppies or Wine Cups or Mexican Hat, but I would grow them regardless of what they look like. I do appreciate the colors of coleus and other plants, and I say there is no such thing as mixing too many colors together (in a container anyway), but I tend to grow stuff that means something to me, which means most of my plants would be considered highly unattractive by many gardeners. Hope that doesn't sound too strange! Have a nice evening!

Saint Louis, MO

Not at all strange....intriguing is more like it. Isn't that what's so great about talking to other plant lovers here? It would be awfully boring if we all liked the same plants. I'll never look at a "half dead" plant the same way again!
Chris

By the way, I looked at some of the plant pictures you have on your home page (not sure what that is called) and there are alot of gorgeous plants there. I rarely get to see plants like those. I'm guessing some of those came from Death Valley. It's hard to imagine that there is such a big difference in climates -all within our same country. AMAZING!!!

This message was edited May 21, 2008 1:15 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.