Shop Coldwater Creek?

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I have gotten a few things from Coldwater Creek. Both items seemed to run small. I want to order a tunic from their catalog. Any of you have experience with their sizing? thanks.

Sacramento, CA

I have ordered a few things, but have returned them all. (And I am not the "returning" type.) Size hasn't been an issue, but they never quite look or fit the way they should based on the photo/description.

A brick-and-mortar CWC hit our area a few years ago. I've gone in to check things out that looked good in the catalog, and sometimes purchased them.

A funny story... last year I interviewed a prospective employee for a entry-level job, and saw on her resume that she had worked in the local CWC store. She said she didn't know if I'd heard of it, but that the job was a drag because of all of the "crabby old ladies" that shopped there. She went on to talk about the other employees, who were also "old ladies" and who were jealous of her for being young and pretty. I finally had to interrupt and say that I was familiar with the store, and that I actually SHOPPED there. She turned pale, then bright red, and then started sputtering. (I wish I had been wearing a jacket from CWC; I'd have whipped it off and shown her the label!)

Needless to say, she didn't get the job...

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

And I bet she was born of a woman who is a "crabby old lady", w/ a grandm. who is a "col" etc, etc.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

My sil shops CWC a lot. I'll ask her and let you know.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

thanks.

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

I've bought from them in the past but haven't been real happy. Their clothes just don't seem to fit me right. However, my sister loves em.

Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

I also think it caters to old ladies, crabby or otherwise, and believe me, I am NOT 25! lol
I have bought stuff at one of their stores and the items were nice; however I would not buy an entire outfit from there. Seems like you can spot the CWC shoppers/style a mile away, IMO.

maybe if more stores catered to middled aged women, CWC wouldn't seem so "formula".

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

vossner-to each his(her) own. I think the clothes they have are beautiful. When you're in your late 20's, 30's you no longer want to look like you shop in the junior dept.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

I like CWC. I am in my 50s, wear a size 4 and their clothes
fit me well without looking either old ladyish or too young. Ann Taylor
is another brand that fits me well and offers up to date clothes. I like
nice clothes and it is hard to find fashionable clothes in small sizes
here in New Mexico.

Blytheville, AR(Zone 7a)

I have shopped at CWC and love their clothes. They are stylish and sharp looking, not too old nor too young. Laverne

Plano, TX

i was so excited about the store when i first went --now i am another who returned items when they didn't fit or look like the online pics-- some of the fabrics are not what i like--the colors are pretty --my daughter (young adult) thinks the store is like a cult! those dedicated to it are intense about how much they like the store--and the sales ladies are so helpful---------sometimes too helpful!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

anastatia-finally remembered to ask my sil if she had a problem with the fit, she said the clothes she bought were true to size.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.