My place before ( 34 months ago ) and today current .

Maricopa, AZ(Zone 9b)

You all seem to like before and after pics , so here is some of my place about 34 months ago . Followed by some pics trying to duplicate angle and distance taken today .

Thumbnail by lonediver
Maricopa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Another similar

Thumbnail by lonediver
Maricopa, AZ(Zone 9b)

The to be wildlife area , though this picture was taken about 34 months ago , it remained unchanged until 26 months ago . Work on the wildlife area started in March of 2006 .

Thumbnail by lonediver
Maricopa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Taken today , trying for same angle , distance in the same order as preceding three .

Thumbnail by lonediver
Maricopa, AZ(Zone 9b)

The # 2 shot , 34 months later .

Thumbnail by lonediver
Maricopa, AZ(Zone 9b)

The # 3 shot taken 34 months ago but as I said above , it remained unchanged until March of 2006 .

Thumbnail by lonediver
Maricopa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Some more shots of developing wildlife area . Can you tell where my property ends ?

Thumbnail by lonediver
San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

You've done an amazing job transforming your landscape! Just curious, how much water does your garden require? Sue T.

Maricopa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Looking toward center of wildlife area . This area is about 2 acres .

Thumbnail by lonediver
Maricopa, AZ(Zone 9b)

At present I go through about 4000 - 5000 gallons of per watering . once a week in winter months , twice in summer . If you look at the first two pics you will see a large tank trailer toward the left of pic . I haul water to do this , the trailer is 2,170 gallon capacity . As the garden/habitat matures and roots are deeper I should be able to cut back on water usage . I have to go about 1/2 mile to a well pumping station . When that well is down for repairs I have to go 6 miles one way .

Maricopa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Last pic for now , taken toward the center of the developing wildlife area from the other end . Is it hard to believe that 26 months ago this was virtually vacant nothing ?

Thumbnail by lonediver
Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Well done, LD.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5a)

WOW, LD! What a difference! Looking good, and I can't wait to see what it looks like in a year or two, when things have taken hold and really start filling in!

Maricopa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Yes, I will be looking forward to what it will look like in another 3 years though I am projecting it will take me close to 6 years to get it close to completion . It will be as slatwood said when she was here " a paradise " . I believe it will be , that is the goal . Considering it was bare nothing when I started then intending to have 4 acres with a target of 200 trees ,large veggie garden area , 2 large water garden areas , 4 planned for gazebo type structures , owl habitats , aeolian instruments as garden art . I think that will make me happy in my old age .

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

Wow! You have dug a lot of holes!!! :)

Alan

Maricopa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Did you say that I am digging myself into a hole ? Actually we are doing the sequel to a movie here . The Money Pit II .

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Makes all that hard work worth it, how gratifying!

Cascade Mtns, WA(Zone 6a)

Is that kind of water usage sustainable in your area?
Is it from a well/aquafir or piped in? just curious really.

Mesa, AZ

Totally awesome!! Your planning has been excellent, one can see the vision developing. Bravo to you for creating a haven for our wild friends.

Susie

Phoenix, AZ

Excellent!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.