Central Texas Near I-45 Trade List June 8th RU 2nd Thread

Buffalo, TX(Zone 8b)

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/836973/

Here is a link to our trades: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=4836528

This message was edited May 18, 2008 9:45 PM

(Phyllis) Flint,, TX(Zone 7b)

ok I'm here LOL

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Worked great Charlene, thanks. Loads much faster.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

i'm here too.

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

Me too..lol and I thank you!! I am dial up in these sticks..

Grand Saline, TX(Zone 7b)

present :0)

Beck I understand that feeling I was dial up but had so much trouble with it I went wireless broadband through my cell phone carrier....so even when it rains I can be online now

Cocoa..present??? are you saying you have presents for all of us or you are the present ...hahahahahaha

Remember when they when they did roll call in class....here....here....here. There was always one kid that said "present" just to break with monotony :0)

Buffalo, TX(Zone 8b)

Nice to have a monotony breaker in the crowd.
Charlene

I wish I had you as a teacher, Charlene.lol

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

I even found it!

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

smockette, how are you girl? we are going to have so much fun. i'm coming up early to charlene's and i am doing all the cooking for everyone. charlene is just going to take it easy. i have a great menu planned. don't know the name of it but the ingredients are peanut butter and jelly. gotta get your protein. lol.

Smockette, does that mean your coming?

Mibus... I need to check into that on the cell phone cause that is the only way I will get anything faster than dial up. Att said would be at least 2 yrs.. in our area!

Smockette I sure hope you and DH can come so I can meet ya'll too!

Cocoa.. I like the idea of you bringing presents..lol and hey we all have to be a little different.. thats what makes the world go round... and round

I am going early too... and .....
MAMA... if that is all you are cooking..looks like I better bring lots of snacks!!!! I am bringing a pork roast and letting Charlie do his thing on the pit... If there is any left.. we'll take to the ru... sorry guys.. about the 'leftovers"..lol

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Just checking in, Josephine.

Buffalo, TX(Zone 8b)

Hey, it's nice to know I am going to be taking it easy. Even if it means peanut butter and jelly, I can live with that.

Who will hold the fan while someone brings me grapes and a cool drink? Will there be soft music?

LOL

Charlene

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

no, charlene, the music is going to be raunchy and i'm dancing. lol. that was shocking to hear wasn't it? something about all that serenity you created just brought this out in me. don't know what makes me this way.

Buffalo, TX(Zone 8b)

Barbara, I am glad you are in such a great mood. If it gets too shocking there is medicine for that! LOL

You guys have assumed that Charlie, or John were the barbequers. Not so, it is me! I will do the cooking unless of course Becky's DH is good at it. We could do the hard part and he could do the pointing and grunting. Of course point and grunt is one of my favorite jobs.

He could supervise the men at the pit, while we girls find something somewhere to DIG!

Charlene

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

i'm really too shy to do something like that. i just wanted to create a little mental image of my own. you know, sort of one-upping you. i know these dial-up people wish i would go away until the very last minute. sorry guys. don't say anything else charlene. it's the only way. lol.

I don't know what box ya'll came out of... but I might wipe your brow cause ya'll are going to be sweating bullets...LOL
we are going on a plant raid. My shovel is packed 24/7 ready and willing..lol

What?? Charlene... how are we going to have fun with you doing the cooking?? HMM?? DH is pretty good.. so maybe we could leave it with the men for a while.. Believe me my DH is famous for the point and grunt..

MAMA.... raunchy????? hmmmm don't know if I want to go there.. since I don't know how old anyone is I better keep my mouth shut!! But you know when we women get a certain age.. gravity takes hold.. and we can "shake it"... and it continues to shake...lol

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Okay, that's it. If we're going to talk about age, I'm outta here.

::rocking::

It's okay, really. Mamajack is older than I am.

NOOOO pbtxlady... LOL I am not talking about age.. it's what follows that I don't like...... and IF mama has any of that I don't want to see "raunchy".....rotfl
Oh heck.. you young girls wouldn't understand..LOL

( tiptoeing in trying to be quiet) Hello???????? Anybody home?????????
(tiptoeing out, guess not)
BUMP!!

think ya can get out of here quietly uh??? LOL I'm lurking been busy working on a site for a group I have but have been checking things when I take breaks LOL...no comment on age but no matter what my age is I bet I do understand Beck LOL

Thank goodness... I am understood!! lol I have been lurking too and see you ,cocoa, and sweezel are going to the Tyler RU... sounds interesting......

I know I am for sure you should come on over and go too..it is right on 69 on the north side of Jacksonville.

I will have to see... I have spent sooo many minutes ..lol looking and relooking all the plants I have potted up for all of you for the Buffalo RU. I don't know if I could stand another one soo soon!..lol

BUT... I am sooooo excited to meet all of you, and I know the Tyler/Jacksonville RU should be about the same distance.... ooooh weeee... what to do??!!

hey even if you can t bring plants you can bring your body just to meet and visit

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

and the davester is going to be there beck. and don't take gum to that one.... or at least don't let 'ol dave supervise the bubble gum if there's kids around.

MAMA.....I wondered if it was THE dave.. lol Well I might need to meet a "celebrity".. what is the gum story???

Mibus..OH.. I could bring plants.. but just the same ol same ol... You want some more blueberries?? LOL.. no sorry the 6 you are getting is all I have.. well I might could find some more...hehe

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

was that last fall? guess so. my son jack took a bag of bubble gum with over 100 pieces in it. dave kept egging him on until he had over 70 pieces in his mouth at once. he could barely move his mouth.

Mama... that alone would make the trip for me..lol 70 peices??? It's a wonder he didn't choke to death!! The more I think about it NO GUM...LOL I will have to bring candy and chocolate so you Mommas can have hyper kids!

only those that are at buffalo would know they are the same ones but then not everyone has everything they want so it could be something someone else is looking for.
and as for candy and chocoalte you really think the kids will get the chocolate??? honey we will get it first LOL

no matter to me mine are all grown now

LOL Mibus... Mine are all grown too..TG! Honey you are welcome to it.. unless it is toffee then I get greedy..mmmnnnn
Yeah I know that mine would be like new palnts to others lol... we'll see.. as I said though.. my eyes are twitching LOL

oh so I should look for some Heath bars to bring then????? hahahaha

I may have to call my folks and see if mom still has the recipe for a coffee cake or bars or something that she used to make with them

mibus....not unless you want to fight..lol But ( turning sweeter now!) I sure would like that recipe.. in fact you need to bring that cake to the RU! LOL

will call her tonight and find out if she still has it and get it from her.

Buffalo, TX(Zone 8b)

Does anyone remember baby ruth cookies? My mom used to make them way back when. I haven't had one of them in many years. I think I'll look for the recipie. It was a recipe used back in the forties and was used to send cookies to soldiers.

I remember how good they smelled when I would come home from school and she had just baked up a batch of them. UMMMM

Hadn't thought of them in years. Thanks for bringing up that memory with your heath bar cake.

Charlene

I'm still here. The heat is just making me too lazy to post...how pathetic is that?lol

Anyone have any sweet almond bush/verbena, Aloysia virgata?
Or an Americana/Araucana rooster?

Charlene.. I never heard of them either... they sound awful good too. I love the old recipes!

Cocoa... is that the same as a flowering almond shrub? I think I listed 1 of those

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images