East Texas Roundup - Trade Lists

Quoting:
Yes Dave you did know that as I brought some of them to the first Ru I went to in Arlington last October and gave them as door prizes.

They say the memory is the second thing to go. ^_^

(Phyllis) Flint,, TX(Zone 7b)

Well I'm not saying it is your age that has anything to do with it as I do believe I am older then you so I will blame it on the fact you have had alot going on since then.

Gilmer, TX

Mibus, I'll take you up on the basket lessons for gourd lessons deal. Maybe this summer we can get together and play with our crafts. I take it you teach school, me too.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

maggie, i don't want a container brug. tell me though which brug with the brightest/darkest color...be it red, orange, yellow but preferred red/pink ...is the most likely candidate to live outside and return here in my part of the world?

cocoa, did you ask charlene if she has a rooster? she might?

catlady I am actually a school bus driver but I have in the past taught pre-K/daycare and set up and started a library at the church I once belonged to, arts in the park for kids one summer and I was a certified school bus instructor back in Illinois until I resigned last June to move here, but no legal teaching degree.
I had thought at one time in my younger days of becoming a teacher as I took summer school 2 yrs in high school and did an independent thing as a teachers assistant.
my mother was a grade school secretary for many years...so I know all too well the workings inside school and the central office(administration)

but it's a deal
as right now I have no job lined up for the summer

Grand Saline, TX(Zone 7b)

Mibus, it's not going anywhere, bring a semi :0)

Mama, I did, I think I did, maybe I did. I'll ask

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

I will have Hot Pink Crinium babies, yes in the pic below, and some confetti lantana, hopefully some pink butterfly guara, and african daisy, and I know at least one bear's breeches, and papyrus (umbrella palm). Two large pots of mixed caladiums. Have to check a couple of other things. Crinium babies all gone now.

Want:

Tall Desert Petunia
Couple of rooted brugs, any color (lost all of mine in move)
Begonias (dragon wing or rex)
Red Bud
Tiger Lilies (lost those too)
Achillea
allamanda
Illustris EE or Black Magic
Anything that says me, me, me!!

"eyes"

This message was edited May 26, 2008 5:09 PM

This message was edited May 26, 2008 8:41 PM

(Maggi) Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

coco: Sorry, no roosters of that type. We have the laying hens in Ameraucana, Maran, Dominque and Ameraucana/Maran crosses (they lay an olive green egg, cool color).

The only roosters we have are a few Phoenix. Ken uses the Phoenix hens to set his peafowl eggs for a week or 10 days, then moves the eggs to the incubator.

We do have a bunch of young Phoenix chicks running around here. They lay a small egg, not as small as a bantam chicken, and the roosters have long tails. We're looking to 're-home' some Phoenix if anyone is interested.

eyes is this the type of begonia you are looking for?

hubby would shot me if I came home with chicks even though I want some for the fertilizer they supply LOL

cocoa how about the enclosed trailer LOL

gee the more I re read things the more I see things I would love to have.

Oh and totally off thread I just finished updating my website ...I added pages of the place starting back last Aug. to just this last week if anyone wants to have a look and dmail what ya think LOL
http://www.ladies-of-the-heart.org/Phyllis/

This message was edited May 26, 2008 6:24 PM

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

Eyes-
I have these:
3-4 different Angle wing begonias
Red bud tree
Illustris EE
I would like these:
B. britches
caladiums
Pink crinium

DD

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I am proud to announce that I am an owner of one of Mibus first wisteria baskets. It sits on my desk in view everyday. One of the most talented people I have the privilege of knowing. or Lynnea with her fantastic chocolates. I really would like to be at this RU. Still waiting to see if I will be in surgery for the back business.

Christi

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Dde, Didn't you get the Bear's Breeches I sent? Well, guess I will just have to take care of that.

Christi

Hey Ddetex if we ever get together before the 28th I have some b.britches for you from LouC

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Yes indeedy Mibus,,,,,,,that would be loverly.
Ddetx, I'll have some caladiums and criniums for you, and a BB if you don't get it by then.

"eyes"

(Maggi) Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

eyes: Ken chastised me for not asking for one of the Hot Pink Crinum babies - LOL!

So, I guess I will ask now.

mamajack: I'd say for the deepest color in Brugs I would go with Mountain Magic (dark pink), Nairobi Sunset (Aurea (??) type) not registered, dark orange Fall color), Autumn Treasure (also dark orange) and very vigorous, and Georgia Peach a sort of marbled dark pink and dark peach, oh, and Solid Gold is a good dark yellow. I got a bit tired of all the pinks in Brugland and started collecting more of the stronger colored oranges and yellows.

The Fall color is usually the deepest (not always), or very early Spring, if the plants have been overwintered in a greenhouse and sprayed with The Recipe every day ;~)

Those sound beautiful, Maggie. We've had peafowl, Dominqure and guineas. Now just a motley bunch of Ameraucana mutts. But we really love them and would like to find a roo to pass on the egg color gene. If you hear of anyone local, please let me know:0)

I have one of Mibus's baskets too. I love it, it's my seed basket!

DDtx, I thought I sent you BB too. You need to be careful with those, we'll never see you again in all the foliage.lol

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Maggiedew, yes you can have a Crinium baby too.

"eyes"

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Hey, Phyllis, didn't meant to imply you kept it. (BB). Don't care anyway. There is more where that came from.

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

cocoa we have an extra 07 peacock if you want it. It is a cross with the Java Green. He is 15/16 Java and may be split to Black Shoulder.

This is not the bird but something to look at.

Ken, I know how much peafowl cost and that is incredibly kind of you. It breaks my heart, but I have to pass. I have too many dogs that I can't trust around free range fowl and just enough coop for our existing girls.Thank you so much for your offer tho, your birds are spectacular!

Winnsboro, TX

Maggie and Ken, I would be interested in some Pink Ginger or any other gingers, Red Riding Hood Mandevilla Vine, Hellebores, and some of your Rhoenix Chickens if you really want to get rid of them. I'd take a duck if you have any too. LOL And any brugs you care to share. I have too many whites and yellows and not enough pinks and oranges. LOL

Eyes, I'd be interested in some of your cannas, lantana, and c. lily.

Everyone else I'd love to have starts of anything extra you have to share with another Plant NUT!

Happy Gardening, Marian

Cocoa- I got the BB from you but is still small. It will go in a shady area and I want a nice size spot covered with it. You have been here, I like large spots of things. I have your flowering pink almond.
LouC- Mibus2 has the BB from you. We just have not had a chance to get together and swap the things.

Wait until you guys see the have's list that EmmaGrace post.

D

eyesoftexas: I'd love a pink crinum, too if you have an extra. Is that the same one that I brought to the College Station roundup a couple years ago? Unfortunately I don't have it anymore.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Got one for you Dave. No, I didn't make the College Station Roundup..........we met up at The First Roundup in Crossville, TN........"left on a mountaintop in Tenneesee..." 'Memba? Will be good to see ya again.

"eyes"

LouC not taken that way at all we cross posted as you were posting yours I was posting mine ..I am hoping to make it out this week sometime to get the plants swapped.

eyes that pic is a branch that broke off of the plant I got at one of the nurseries we went to with Ddetex and I have had it in the water too root so I will pot it up for ya.

Buffalo, TX(Zone 8b)

EyesofTexas, if you have anymore pink crinum, I would love to have one.

Dave don't you make baskets also? Hmm, I thought I saw that on here somewhere.

Ken, I would love to find something to trade with you for your peacock. Did you ever get any of the alocasia cucullata ? Also have quite a few phaison tropicanna canna lilies that you mentioned you would like.

I have two dogs also, but mine love all of the "pets". We have mixed standard chickens and show quality OE BB red bantams and buff laced sebrite bantams. I just hatched a batch of guineas from eggs given to me by a friend. Something made my guineas decide to stop coming into the coop at night and they were picked off one by one by something at night.

Charlene

Winnsboro, TX

Maggie... I would dearly love to have a start of your darker colored brugs. Like Magic Mountain, Nariobi Sunset, and Autumn Treasure. Maybe even a Solid Gold if you have a extra one.

Dde...I would love to have a start of your Flowering Almond if you have any left. I use to have 2 in my yard years ago and they were simply stunning when in full bloom.

EastTexYardboy...I will be delighted with the light blue La. Iris and the Yellow Pride of Barbados.

This is getting very exciting. Now if I could just get a couple of chickens, a duck and a peafowl I'd have it made. (grin)
I use to have what I called My Old McDonalds Farm when I lived in Rusk. I guess it's something I'd like to do again during my senior years. LOL

Ken I use to raise all kinds of Pheasants, quail, and doves. Had a couple of turkeys too. Now all I have are a few Wild Wood Ducks that stay on our pond. They are beautiful, I keep looking and watching for babies but I never see any. I think somethings eatting them.

Happy Gardening Ya'll, Marian
I just love this wonderful shower we're getting today!

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

eyes, i want a hot pink crinum if you have any left. and are you wanting ruellia brittonia? i have lots of that.

maggie, if you have one of those brugs i would love it. just a cutting is fine. i must love orange because i have tons of it in my garden. lol.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

yardboy, if you have another yellow tx. bird of paradise i want one.

i finally added plants to my tradelist so go back to the beginning to see. i will add things periodically so check again later. i prob. won't bring any of this stuff unless someone asks so lmk.

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

mamajack- I would like some of your white and yellow yarrow and your purple bee balm. Thanks.

Gilmer, TX

Yellow Yarrow, how did I miss that? Mamjack, if you still have some, I would like a little piece. I have white and pink, but won't know which is which until they bloom.

Since some of you ask for white yarrow, I can bring it. Be warned it is invasive.

lovelyiris- I would like some of the named TB iris. I will try for another flowering almond but not sure.

DD

I forgot...
For ground covers, I have lots of different types. Have Var. English ivy, var. asian jasmond and a very unique peacock moss.

Gilmer, TX

Yellow Yarrow, how did I miss that? Mamjack, if you still have some, I would like a little piece. I have white and pink, but won't know which is which until they bloom.

"eyes" Are Mexican petunias and desert petunias the same thing? If so, I have tall Medxican ones.

mibus, Let's plan on the lesson exchange before you get something lined up for the summer. Maybe maggidew and some others will join us. We can play here or I'm open to travel. I'll see if I can find some wisteria vines some where. |The big tree by the road that had vines going up 40 feet or more bit the dust last fall, but will get down there and see if there are vines.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Mexican and Desert are the same to me, Pam. Below is a pic of the one I'm looking for. Maggie, pink, orange, or yellow is fine...not much on white anything....I know, I just love it all in living color!! Maggie, if you still need to move some Forsynthia, I will gladly take some.

"eyes"

This message was edited May 28, 2008 8:41 AM

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

well EOT i'll bring some of mine and if it's not what you want you can toss it.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Sounds good, mamajack....BTW who is EOT, lol....I'm just plain old "eyes".

"eyes"

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

well i can call ya EOT if i want to!! hahaha o.k. eyes it is. are you a girl or a boy? snicker. i am a girl with a son named jack.

oh, and i got all the yarrow/bee balm down too ken and cat.

cat...regardless of what I do I plan on keeping my weekends free so we can always do a saturday.

I'll have ti get over to cocoa's and get some of her vines ...

Gilmer, TX

'eyes' that's what I have so will bring some for you and anyone else that wants some.

Mibus, Sat.s are good for me, I love to craft anytime.

maggidew, did you ever get the d-mail I sent? I just know I hit the send button. LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.