East Texas Roundup - Trade Lists

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Lol, Maggi! Thank you so much for sharing with me!! I've been wanting to get a few chicks for sometime now. I bought a few baby chicks & turkeys last month, but neither made it. That was heartbreaking....I'll only get fully grown chicks from now on.

(Maggi) Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh, I hadn't given one thought to door prizes. I'll have to see what might be available closer to the day.

Longview, TX

Maggidew
I'll look at what you have, but I really don't need anything in exchange for the pineapple sage or black fortune. If that's two plants my wife doesn't have to water when I'm out of town then I'm a little ahead.

This message was edited Jun 4, 2008 3:01 PM

Winnsboro, TX

If anyone has any left I'd like some starts of the Obedient plant. I use to have a little house my mom gave me with it in all the beds. Now I just wonder where that name came from? There is nothing obedient about that plant. It spreads and comes up EVERYWHERE.

Oh, and if you have an extra birdhouse I'd love to have one to put up here on the farm. I have 10 bluebird houses up and down the driveway. They stay full of bluebirds having babies all the time. Got a couple of painted buntings that hang out here too.
I just call my birds welfare birds. They hollar at me to fill their feeders and are way to lazy to go hunt bugs or other places to forge for food. The doves just stay on the ground under the feeders and eat whatever the other birds knock out to the ground.
I call them flyby dinners.

Happy Gardening, Marian

Lorraine now that's an ideal, us putting Catlady on the luggage rack. Why didn't I think of that?

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

james...if you have any of the agastache black fortune left i would like one. also, standing cypress. and what's a mountain sage...the big red sage? if it's something else i prob. want that too. lol. i have the big red though. are any of those mallows orange or peach?

jestelle...is that purple majesty salvia? i want one if it is. gotcha down for the h. cannabinus.

cannagirl......just keep talking to me. it's so good to hear your voice again. have you been out honky tonkin'? snicker. now folks i am fairly certain that dollie does not honky tonk but i do so love to say the unexpected thing. tongue in cheek with me.

(Phyllis) Flint,, TX(Zone 7b)

cannagirl oh yeah I have them to spare...mama has one from last year and she is getting a couple more on the 8th ...the dang thing come up like weeds lol

Phyllis

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

what am i getting? i'm glad that i am getting one but what is it? weeds? brings to mind obedient plant and homestead verbena and spiderwort and daisies and french hollyhock and.... i'll stop now. phyllis, did i see your schoolbus at the honky tonk? and are you going to introduce THE pie at this round-up? prob. cost 50.00 to make the thing but we're worth it, don't ya think? lol.

Jestelleoan: I have some shade plants for you too. LOL!

THE pie??? Now you're talkin' my language. Anyone who knows me can tell you I LOVE to eat, especially sweets, and pie is my FAVORITE sweet thing behind tart lemon bars.

Well, I am only 9 pounds away from bringing my BMI below the 'at risk' category, maybe pie, no matter how scrumptious, is not . . . . Oh heck! I'll chip in for the ingredients!! LOL

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

i'll let phyllis tell about it but she and her friend created it. i can't boil water and she creates a pie.

ya know what mama just for that I AM BRINGING YOU WEEDS...hahahahahaha..and did ya know that bronc had a whole pie in his frig that no one ever got into and Mitch ran off with one too since I brought 4 to over that time?

and no it wasn't me...I've only been to 6 flags and got rained out a week ago and this week they high schools had early out so there was no time for side trips...besides none of the honky tonks serve apple pie shots...from the "recipe"...LOL

The Pie is called PMS Pie
it has all the things you would want when PMSing.....salty taste on the bottom ( like a pecan pie)
sugary creamy ( a mixture that is really good for dipping fruit in when not in the pie)...homemade choc. mousse topped with cool whip, drizzled with carmel and chocolate syrup and toped with chopped nuts.
very rich but yummy and no it does not cost $50 to make LOL

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Trade List

Variegated Ginger.....1..Jestelleon
Purple Obedients....Lots.......Lovelyiris
Parrots Feather.....Lots....Msdoolittle, Jestelleon
Daylilies Unnamed.....5
Tropical Hibiscus.....1...Ddetex
Rose of Sharon....1...Eyes
King City Gold Canna....OUT....Mibus
Richard Wallace Canna...OUT....Mibus
City of Portland....OUT....Mibus
Aluminum Plant....1
Arrowhead Philodendron....1
Split Leaf Philodendron....1
Variegated Spathiphyllum Domino.....OUT..Ddetex, Msdoolittle, Jestelleon
Maranta.....1
Aloe Vera.....3
Parrots Beak....1...Msdoolittle, Jestelleon
Coleus Mix......7...Jestelleon
Black Ruffles E.E.....OUT...Ddetex, Msdoolittle
Giant E.E.......1...Msdoolittle
Cranberry E.E......OUT....Ddetex, Lorraine, Catlady
Canna Banana.....OUT....Catlady, Maggi, Mibus, Lovelyiris
Firebird Canna...OUT....Mibus
Canna Mix....Lorraine
Passion Flower La. Native....1...Catlady
Bubble Gum Anthurium...OUT....Ddetex
Scarlet O'Hara M.G. seedling
My Grandmother's crinum lily.....OUT.....Pbtxlady, Mammajack
Root beer plant.....1
Cuttings of Jasmine Murraya Paniculata....several....Mibus
Partridge Pea seedling....1
yellow Shrimp plant cuttings....several.....Mibus
Madonna lily...OUT.....Mammajack, Jestelleon
Castor Bean seedling.....1

Looking for fruit trees
Stevia
Jerusalem Articoke
St. Johs Wort
willow tree or cuttings
Crape Myrtle
Brugmansias
Gingers
Dogwood tree
Any banana trees
Geraniums
Spiral Ginger Seeds....Lovelyiris, Mibus, Maggie
Door Prize: Peace Brugmansia

This message was edited Jun 4, 2008 10:05 PM

This message was edited Jun 4, 2008 11:03 PM

This message was edited Jun 6, 2008 1:56 AM

This message was edited Jun 7, 2008 3:14 PM

This message was edited Jun 9, 2008 10:12 PM

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Good heavenly days! You must have acres of plants for that many gifts!

Cannagirl could I get a Cutting of Jasmine Murraya Paniculata I have a small crape myrtle growing in a pot I think it is a dark pink color I'll trade ya
and any shrimp plant and cannas not spoken for by others
and I have you down for 2-3 sassafras

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Lovelyiris I have tons of the Purple Obedient....I put you down for some.

Lol Mammajack, Now that's a thought :) Maybe Phyllis will swing by and pick me up in her big yellow bus next time she decides to go honky tonkin :)

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Mibus, got you tagged.

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Dollie, I can bring you the hypericum. But let's make sure what I have is what you want. Mine is the creeping kind, groundcover. Grows about 8 inches tall. Mine grows in mostly shade and doesn't flower, but in full sun it has little yellow flowers.

May I please have one of your grandmother's crinums?

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Pbtxlady, Got you tagged. Your groundcover sounds pretty and have just the spot for it.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

dollie....what's a madonna lily? and what color is your grandmother's crinum? i will bring la traviata and eureka to this swap for you. do you want that anisacanthus? and i can bring some allium hair. also that scruffy little grassy like stuff....no it's called wire vine. can't believe you posted this many times in one day. are you sick? or more likely you must have a life. lol.

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Mamajack, the Madonna lily is a Lilium Candidum. Grandmother's crinum is a real pretty pink and white. It's in bloom now and will send you a photo in the morning.
Those trades sound great!
Lol, this is the first chance I've had to really get online....my "life" is nothing but work, work, work.

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

Canagirl-
May I please have these from your list:
Trop. hibiscus-color ?
Var. Spath.
Black ruffles EE
Cranberry EE
Banana cana
Bubble gum Anth.

I will look at your wants and see what I can bring for you.

Thanks,
DD

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Cannagirl, I would dearly love a Rose of Sharon.

"eyes"

Cannagirl we have

Looking for fruit trees - Loquat, Yellow Japanese Plum
Stevia - seeds and maybe a plant if I am lucky
Gingers - many Hedychiums including variegated Dr Moy
Any banana trees - we have a couple different kinds

I can Dmail a list of the different Gingers and Bananas

Forgot to ask what is Parrot's Feather? And is the Parrot's Beak the hanging basket plant or the Alstroemeria psittacina??

This message was edited Jun 5, 2008 8:22 AM

Longview, TX

mamajack

The mountain sage is different from the big red sage which is a reddish purple bloom. The mountain sage has a woody stem so I guess it would be more of a shrub but the blooms are more tubular and about an inch long and are a bright orangeish red. It blooms a little in the spring then fades out until the fall which is its main blooming period.

Jacksonville, TX

Cannagirl,

Can you write me in for these:

Both types of EE
parrot feather
parrot's beak
variegated spath

Thanks!!!

Mamajack, I'm bringing about 20 pots of obedient plant, so no worries, i think we'll be fine on that.

Maggidew and mibus, I have you down for your plants :0)

All, I am going to update my list soon, so check back with that...we have tons and tons of 'old-fashioned' hollyhock seed, some are semi-doubles and possibly doubles, in a large variety of all colors. I also need to put this down: we have a jillion of those tapioca trees, which I do believe are the variegated variety, but I will get back with you all on that.

a

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

I think Im going to be able to make it to the RU so I will be posting a trade list shortly! I look forward to seeing everyone!
Caren

Caren
Hope you can make it. Really want to meet you after the fabulous trade. If you do you will have to come to my house (10 minutes away, if that). I will have things for you.
DD

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

******************************Closed*************************************************
Ok these are my HAVES, I should have more to add as the RU draws closer.
3 Alocasia Hilo beauty ( Trish ann,Lorriane )
0 Mickey Mouse Taro (Joan?,msDoolittle,Trish ann, Catlady, Gone for now)
0 Colocasia esculenta Black Beauty(Joan,msDoolittle,Trishann,Catlady,Lorriane Gone)
0 Persian Palm Alocasia(Trish ann, Dollie, Gone)
3 NOID fruiting banana (msdoolittle, Darkmoon)
0 Double dwarf mohoii banana (Joan,Trish ann, Gone)
0 Rojo Banana (DdeTx, Gone for now)
0 Podranea vine seedling(mamajack,GONE)
5 Double purple Datura seedlings( Joan, DdeTx,Lorriane )
0 Rangoon creaper( DdeTx,Catlady,GONE)
2 Tropical Milkweed seedlings (Joan,)
3 Cuttings Mexican flame Vine(not rooted)
10 Canna Red President
3 Canna Tropical sunrise( msDoolittle,)
3 Tiki torch canna (Joan, DdeTx,)
5 Yellow canna

***New additions****
These are small starts
2 Pink Candypops Mint
6 Orange berganot mint
2 Silver mint
3 Day Cestrum seedlings

Things Im looking for:
Gingers
anything Variegated
Bananas I don't have
Fruiting trees, Citrus, berrys, Paw Paw, etc...
Hummer & butterfly plants
Salvias & Agastaches
Perennials
Fragrant plants
unusual???
Thanks!!
Caren

This message was edited Jun 5, 2008 7:47 PM

This message was edited Jun 5, 2008 9:31 PM

This message was edited Jun 5, 2008 9:36 PM

This message was edited Jun 6, 2008 9:13 AM

This message was edited Jun 7, 2008 10:07 AM

This message was edited Jun 10, 2008 9:47 PM

This message was edited Jun 10, 2008 9:49 PM

This message was edited Jun 11, 2008 10:08 PM

This message was edited Jun 18, 2008 7:03 PM

This message was edited Jun 22, 2008 4:50 PM

This message was edited Jun 22, 2008 4:55 PM

This message was edited Jun 24, 2008 7:57 PM

Tyler, TX(Zone 8a)

Caran, I would like any of these but only my share.

Tora
Black Beauty
Doub. Dwarf Banana
Dub. Purple Datura
Tropical Milk weed
Tiki Torch

I have Gingers
Salvias
Perennials

Caren
Would like these:
Rojo banana
Ragoon creaper
Double purple datura
Tiki Torch cana

I will have some special things for you.

DD

Tyler, TX(Zone 8a)

cannagirl, I would like

var. Ginger
Parrots Feather
var, Spathephyllum
Parrots Beak
Coleus Mix
Madonna lily

I have some ginger and brugmansias but Maggi and Kin have a lot more to chose from infact I got mine from them.

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

Joan, did you want the Mickey mouse Taro? I wasn't sure... I got you and DdeTx down.
Caren

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

Trish ann, Do you still have any windchimes and bird houses left?

Mamajack, If you still have some may I please have your
Tropica canna
Victoria blue salvia and Agastache

Eas Tex Yardboy, can I have your Black bamboo, and giant lumber

Lorraine, I would love any of your Coleus

Maggie, Do you have anymore pomegranate?

MsDoolittle, Can I please have your Gold dust Aucuba and salvias

Last but not least!!

Jameso, If you still have Standing cypress and Agastache black fortune may I please have some!

Now Im feeling like quite a pig! Oink Oink!! Please check out my list LMK if there is anything you want.
Thank you all!!
Caren

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

Caren, I know we have several Brugs that have tags with your name on them. Now we don't need to ship them and they will still be in their pots. I'll see what Gingers and Bananas I have.

Ok first off please make sure you stick your name and how many are coming with you on this thread for the head count
PLEASE
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/856350/
I have the name tag file so we can print out name tags so everyone can put their screen name and real name on them at the RU so this way i have a number to go by for printing them out.

Heavinscent I have some variegated wandering jew (that is what I call them) if you would like them.
What is Hilo Beauty? sounds good to me as I have a friend that lives in Hilo Hawaii LOL

and I have to tell y'all DdeTex's place is not 10 min from where we will be it is less then that and talk about a lovely serene place to be I told him to day if he would put a hammock up I would just camp out in his yard it is so nice there

And as for Maggi and Ken WOW...EE, Brugs, plumerias, bananas, chickens, ducks, dogs, cats, and the others I didn't' really look at and flowers flowers and more flowers. we spent 3 hours talking and looking at plants.
I feel like I traveled the world today and never left Texas LOL

Phyllis

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

Thank you Ken, I'm curious to see what you have tagged for me?? I love a surprise!
Mibus, meet Hilo Beauty http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/51592/
I would love some of your variegated wandering Jew.

Jacksonville, TX

Heavinscent,

I have you down for the salvias and aucuba. I'd love some:

Colocasia esculenta Black Beauty
MM taro
trop. sunrise canna
any banana...
If you have enough!

Also, Maggidew, if you don't have an extra banana, I'd love a Colocasia esculenta 'Illustris' as a sub! It's beautiful!

Thanks!

This message was edited Jun 5, 2008 9:44 PM

ok it is along the line of an EE then but likes moist soil something I don't have alot of here without extra watering not sure how it would do here then.

am taggin the W. jews for ya

Rusk, TX(Zone 8a)

So far, I'm bringing bamboo for: Maggiedew, shirleygirly, jestelleoan, and heavinscent. Anyone else want some?
Wayne

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

Caren, if you still have these plants I would love to have a start of each...

Alocasia Hilo beauty
Colocasia esculenta Black Beauty
Persian Palm Alocasia
Double dwarf mohoii banana
tiki torch canna

Thanks, trishann

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.