Time to vote! Choose your favorite images in our annual Photo Contest HERE

all natural deodorant

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

Some have a strong perfume, & some never feel like they dry. I use the crystal, then I use a homemade spray afterwards. There are a lot of recipes, but I generally use a solution of absolut vodka (or grain alcohol), witch hazel, water & essential oils like sage, lemongrass, rose, etc. The essential oils also have properties that help the skin. It is very refreshing to use on a hot day!
Julie

Northeast, OH(Zone 5b)

The only brand name deoderant that I can use is Almay. I used to be fine with others, then one day I developed a terrible rash under just one arm and have not been able to use any other brand since. Weird huh? :) I didn't know I could mix up my own ingredients. I'm worried it wouldn't work well enough.

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

The same happened to me, & then I noticed the "new & improved" label on the container. I have never been able to use them since, without a reaction.
The essential oils can be chosen for their benefits. Sage has anti-bacterial properties that prevent odor, & it is supposed to prevent sweating as well. Most homemade sprays contain sage for this reason. Others use sandlewood, rose, lavender, etc. If your skin is sensitive, you can add aloe to the mix. They all smell so good!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.