"Let us see your flowers beds and yards" #2

Port Vincent, LA(Zone 8b)

We came from here. If you haven't seen thread one, check it out for great garden tours. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/859922/

Thumbnail by Debbie2007
(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Beautiful picture, I always enjoy the pictures of the GARDEN more than a close up of a single flower.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Welcome psychw2, I'm glad you enjoy the thread. Here is a corner of the 'mobile-tropical garden' in my backyard. Mobile in that all of the tropicals will be moved back to GH during the winter. Here one will enjoy the red tropical hibiscus, and the background large leaves plumerias and the arbor with various perennial vines.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Hi Pat, long time no see. See what your suggestion has grown into. Thanks again so much for helping this newbee ask for plants for postage last year. I'll never forget your help. Thanks again. Post some of your garden, yard or beds for us.

Kim thankyou so much for posting a pic with the lake behind it. I just love seeing the water. I have to get me a red hibiscus. Yours is so pretty.

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Debbie,
I will post some pictures later on,ok? I am trying to figure out how to post with 2 pictures side by side so I can post some before and after pictures,
Brigitte

Brigitte, if you type in collage in the search forum at the top. Someone explained how to do a collage on one of the threads a while back. It's real easy, but I forgot how. LOL

Can't wait to see the pics.

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Brigitte I downloaded a program that is free call photoscape and as I have not yet done one it allows you to do two pictures together. I love it for resizing whole albums of pictures at a time. Between that program and Picassa most of my needs are met. Check it out
http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/download.php

Thankyou Cindy. I'm going to try it too.

Drapelady! Hey, good to see you. As you can see, I am plainly NOT a Mid-South gardener but I frequently check out a current thread if I see something that interests me. "Let us see your flowers beds and yards" certainly interests me!!! I love to see garden pictures, I'm not much on "single flower close ups". this thread has some pictures of my "former home", I don't have any of the current work in progress. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/779605/

Awesome thread Pat. Did you ever finish the gardens at the mobile home park?

Not finished yet but I got all the newspaper and cardboard down on the WHOLE fenced yard and a layer of compost down (lots more depth to add). I also got weed cloth over the area where I will be making a path. I did a lot of it last night. I also made a cute little white picket fenced compost pile a month ago for behind our house. Let me tell you... it' had better not EVER stink, it's RIGHT outside our bathroom window!

The lasagna bed I made last fall in the fenced area has worked out wonderfully. I also got the very front of the house landscaped and even installed a beginners drip system. My flowers are filling in - so see? it MUST be time to make more flower beds!!!

I'm plugging along and making headway. My Sweetie bought me a cement mixer for Mother's Day! He is such an Angel and I know he'd rather buy me jewelry but he bought me want he KNEW I'd want instead of what he wished... Have I mentioned he is an Angel??? LOL

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Pat Welcome to Midsouth I loved your pictures keep them coming as the develop.
Cindy

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Welcome Bridgette and Pat. I'm hoping to see more of your posting.
Kim

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi everyone,
I haven't had a chance to 'mess' around with the photo programms because of company for the weekend etc.

Here is part of my frontgarden .ALL of them I startet last year,mostly roses.

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

NEW for 2008 other than one New Dawn I brought along.It went into extreme shock,is alive and has buds on it this year.

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

This is 'Johann Strauss' a Floribunda which opened yesterday.Beautiful blossoms and color!!

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

THANKS for the welcome !

this is me last year,my husband snapped that picture right after I smelled some of these roses.
I have 5 Cinderella's in a circle.In the middle is a pedestral wit a urn on top.

These I planted last April,and they bloomed beautifuully in June .repeated well!

Have more pictures but have to get back downstairs ..LOL...bad Hostess ;-)

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Beautiful roses! I think I'm jealous.....Sandi

Eglant, did you make your lattice background or buy them? They are such a wonderful background. I keep hoping to find some used lattice I can afford. If I don't permanently install it, the park manager might not have a stroke over it.

These are pictures from a prior house. I don't have any to share of THIS home yet. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/779605/

Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

This is the one I got from the new nursery. It is called French Connection and is from the Mr. Dupont. Not my picture.

Thumbnail by jlp222

Kim , I wonder if any of my mystery plants are the purple coneflowers? I sure hope so. Yours are beautiful.

Brigette, thankyou so much for the pics. And you posted my favorites ones. I love the photo of you working on your roses. And the one with the birdbath in the corner of the lattice. I love them all, but those two are special. I noticed in your thread you mentioned that you lost some roses. Not any of those beauties posted I hope? Thanks again for posting and we look forward to more. When you get a chance you can give us the Links to your #1 and #2 here, so we in MidSouth can keep up with your 2008 progress.

Pat thankyou so much the link. I'm excited about your new photos as you progress.

Ok Mid South, and anyone else, I know all you folks have been working in your yards today. Photos, we need more ideas please and I love walking thru your gardens.

Debbie

Shes' a beauty Jennifer. Do you have anymore photos from your yard? Let's see em.

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Wow Bridgitte. I love those roses. I am loving the lattice work too. Beautiful setting. Thanks Pat love you pictures too. I f I didn't have mine so torn up right now I would take a picture Debbie. Every day I think I will get through and mulch an sit back and look at it . It ain't happening. Bad thing is I just keep making everything look more out of control. I promise some pictures as soon as I get the last plants and trees in the ground and the mulch out. Might happen this year sometime. LOL.

Jen I do not need another obsession. That is beautiful.

Cindy, I have a bed that completely took apart again. Everything I had in it said sun, but the plants said no way. So I moved them to morning sun only. Anyway, the bed is a big empty mess. Looks like a good place to put my RU babies as soon as they get used to the sun slowly. You ought to see how big the cleomes are that you gave me. The white ones and purple ones I think are dead. :( But the pink ones are about 15" tall. I'm going to keep scooching them closer and closer to the sun so I can make sure they like it. The 3 big PWinners Cleome that I bought at the MG sale are fried to a crisp and I dont want that to happen to your beautiful babies. Don't be too much in a hurry to finish. You'll get bored. My beautiful hibiscus' that I thought I had killed are back and blooming.

I just wish I could finish an area, put away the tools and clean up at the end of day so it looked "OK" before I left it! I have so much in progress right now. I'm going to try a new method.... foot by foot, I will work my way down the path. I will concentrate on ONE foot worth until done & move on or shut down and clean up... Yes, that's the NEW game plan. I wonder if I can do it for even ONE day???

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Morning Troup!

I've been busier than a one-legged man in a heiny kicking contest. Haven't had a chance to take any more pictures and we had a big storm FRi. night Sat am so stuff got the stuffin' beat out of it.

But I did want to get some kind of response in here so I'd get a tread watcher so I manage to get one pix of daylily Groovy Green before the storm. Trying to start a catalog of my dl's.

Holy cow! I ordered a 96 ct. tray of hosta liners from Q and Z Nursery on 6/9 and they arrived 6/13...now that's FAST! They're goregous and healthy plants...gotta get them potted up.

P

Thumbnail by bigred
Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Peggy come back when you can breath, I know the feeling. I bit off a little more than I can chew this year making 5 huge new beds that at this time looks like I blew them up hunting golphers. Thank God we do not have those to contend with here. If you do move they win everytime. We moved after several years of head to head war with them.

Anyway I am documenting my daylilys with pictures too love your green baby there. I finally took the time at 1 this morn to post some pictures on Sandra's pink daylily thread.
I have not taken the time to enjoy any of my flowers this year. The thrips are making my blooms look awful. I sprayed one time but hate to now that the bees are working. I guess I will spray the daylilys. I bought some of that bayer stuff but it will not go far around this place. I have put too pallet loads of hardwood mulch and still need more. Gardening is a money hole y'all Dig a hole and it is guaranteed to cost you ten bucks a year. But I love it and am just tired so I'm griping.
Good Morning to you all and Hope you have family to spend Fathers Day with.
Cindy

Brandon, MS(Zone 8a)

Good morning everyone! Hi to Sandi, Pat, and others I don't know but want to get to know. I am having so much fun viewing your gorgeous gardens. I want flower I see.

My garden space is small, and some of you have seen these scant beds a thousand times. For those who have not, I turned one of the beds into a butterfly garden this year. Here it is.

Martha

Thumbnail by mwperry
Brandon, MS(Zone 8a)

View from another angle.

Thumbnail by mwperry

Ya'll have my curiousity peaked. I would love to see ya'll's messes. Take a pic so we can have a before and after.

Pat and Cindy, you need to take a day or a week off. I got to that point a while back and got sick of fooling with it. When it stops being fun, you need time off. Believe me, when you come back rested, the joy will return. The plants wont die, you can still water them. The dirt and the mulch will be fine, just cover it with plastic. And enjoy your vacation with yourself. Go for a walk in the park, go shopping, or just do nothing.

Peggy love your daylily.

Brandon, MS(Zone 8a)

And, my Azalea bed.

Thumbnail by mwperry
Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

I would love some input on how to grow many perennial but not in rows like corn. Anyone have a creative idea? My mess is that my beds are busting at the seams!

What a beautiful garden, so many heights and textures and "bones". I'd love to see pictures of it in different seasons.

I don't have much height yet in this garden or seasonal interest. I started planting last year, the only thing already here was one snow ball bush, and overgrown rangy forsythia, 2 roses, and a Kim Liliac. The lot is TINY but it was a disaster. Weedy and LOTS of ugly white gravel, it wasn't even the "good stuff" like white quartz but something chalky, YUCK! I had a huge messy raised area where a "pond" had been with some vinca. Rather than a continous border flower bed, there was cement border around the lilac, 4 feet the other direction, broken down edge around the "pond"... and evidence in the poor grass of two more places that once held "something". I've been shoveling gravel out, digging up sod AND making lasagna beds.

We have a 4 foot chain link fence and are not allowed to change it, nothing higher or different material. I hate having it so I have everybody else is in my view! I just planted a Sweet Autumn Clematis on one area, I have a 6" x 6" X 8 foot post in one flower bed that I'll plant a wisteria on. I'm going to get some height, AND block some of my undesirable view of the neighbors! Where there is a will (TIME and MONEY!) there is a way!

I love this thread, so many beautiful flower gardens, keep the pics coming! I'm in computer heaven looking at your accomplishments.

Bluegrass, you can view "premade" garden plans on BGH.com under gardens, also White farms has some premade plans, those will all give pictures, and a graph layout for easy understanding.

Martha your garden is just beautiful. I never get tired of the way you masterfully and lovingly plant. I just love it. It's so good to see you. I would like some of your beautiful grass. Mine all got covered in the dirt haul and is taking it's own sweet time to come back.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Hi Martha! I'm just in for cooling off and back out again. Your garden is beautifull, so peaceful looking. I could sit out there with a book and read all morning. I love the the undulating egde of bricks in the first pic. Something I'd like to achieve one day.....
More photos of gardens....yea!!!!!

Brandon, MS(Zone 8a)

Thank you all for the compliments. Debbie, just about every year I get my lawn to perfection, just in time to tear it up and dig up huge pine tree roots that grow under the surface of the turf. It's the kind of ongoing frustration that Cindy and Pat have with their beds! There is one bright spot amidst my curses -- my yardman, David. He has been with me forever, and I love him like a family member. He mows and edges my yard every week during the summer, but for the roots, I need a big man to dig and chop. David fits the bill. Here's a pic of him.

Thumbnail by mwperry
Brandon, MS(Zone 8a)

Thank you, Bigbubbles. It's rewarding to get good feedback, if you know what I mean!

Martha

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Martha your yard is gorgeous! I am so jealous! My neighbors built a fence between the two properties so they would have a back yard for their dogs, but now I have this fence that is begging for attention...

Thumbnail by crissyr
Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Actually, now I have more than that!

Thumbnail by crissyr

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.