"Let us see your flowers beds and yards" #2

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Paul, I haven't yet got 'Hot Lips' my 'Black and Blue' Salvia is roughly a foot tall. But this Salvia guaranitica grows to be nearly 4 feet tall. I planted the two at the same time, and this one appears to get taller, and taller every time I turn around.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/122496/

Port Vincent, LA(Zone 8b)

Hi Pat,Paul and Kim. I love the blue salvia Kim and thanks for everyone keeping the pictures coming. So many people are benefiting(sp) from them.

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

Yea 4 feet is about what they'll get when they're happy.......

Thumbnail by PaulFromAL
Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

Black and Blue salvia in the backround....

Thumbnail by PaulFromAL

Paul, that is so pretty.

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

thanks debbie

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Debbie this is the entrance to the walkway to the dock that is not there. I sure miss it even though I hardly ever went down there except to fish with my grandson.

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

forgot the picture Paul I love your gardens

Thumbnail by Riverland
Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

This is the flower bed to the right of the walkway. That big empty spot had shasta daisy that was being a bully so out it came. I have a hydrangea to put there instead.

Thumbnail by Riverland

Hi Cindy. Thanks for the photos. Your plants are so healthy looking. What happened to your dock?

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

One of the piling came up out of the river bottom so It did not have enough to support it. That was over a year ago and we can't get the guy to that does pilings to put in another one. He's the only game in town so you wait til it is convenient to him. You have to wait till he is hard up for money.
This picture is the Cherry queen cleome that I gave you and the big white spider lily that I think may be what you have instead of crinum.

Thumbnail by Riverland
Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

Cindy, I love all things 'swampish' for lack of a better word for tall pines, water (swamps, creeks, backwaters, lakes, rivers and ponds) and that Spanish moss stuff......Which includes about all Louisiana and most of south/central Florida or what it used to be before anyone heard of a condo......Just love your garden, looks like its all that and more.....Of course I know everything about Louisiana, I was there once when I was a kid 50 years ago or so......:)

Paul from Alabama

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

'Iris Eyes' rudbeckias.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Thanks Paul as with all gardens they are under construction or destruction all the time. I can't just leave things alone and enjoy them.

Cindy those pics look like a magazine. Great Job. I'm so excited about my cleome's. They are going to be so pretty. And yes, we should know in a day or so whether it's a spider lily or a crinum. Either way they are both pretty. This is my plant this morning.

Thumbnail by Debbie2007
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

It has to be spider lily, wanna bet? lol. Crinum takes a long time to put up flower scapes.
Congrat on your speedy bloom, Debbie. Cindy is right again. ^_^

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Part #3 for the dial up friends: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/868368/

(oops! I titled it NOT quite right! LOL)

Yep, you were right Cindy, it's a spider. LOL

Thumbnail by Debbie2007
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Those are charming, I love them spiders. Congrats Debbie on your very first bloom on this type of lily.
Kim

Morning Kim. Thankyou.

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

They are pretty and multiply fairly fast.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.