Heads-up! Our Annual Photo contest will be open for entries this Thursday the 18th!

"let see your gardens & flower beds" Part #3

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/862705/#new

Ripley, MS

This is not a bed, but something I wanted to share. Karen (gardener2005) gave these seeds away at Jeri's round up last fall. It is a cross she made and wanted some of us to grow them out. Since I was out of commission at planting time, Cindy brought me one of hers that she sprouted.
This is the ffo and it measured 4 inches across and the foliage is variegated.
Sandra

Thumbnail by slcdms

HOW pretty! I have not gotten into the whole "creating my own new cross thing". I think its fun that others do, I just haven't been inspired to do it yet.

Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

Here is a container of vines that is going crazy.

Left side - Passiflora White Wedding
Middle - Clematis Ms. Bateman
Right side - Morning Glory

Thumbnail by jlp222
Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

My fave container. I didn't realize how much it has grown until I compare the pictures side by side!

ETA - Sorry the picture is kind of blurry, I'll take another one if I can remember.

This message was edited Jun 25, 2008 6:54 PM

Thumbnail by jlp222
Port Vincent, LA(Zone 8b)

Thankyou Pat for starting a new thread.
Sandra what is a ffo? LOL
Jen you are getting great at those containers. Your persian sheild is getting so big.

Ripley, MS

ffo === First Flower Open==lots of plants get better blooms after the first few, some of the daylilies are that way too, but I think that is one beautiful morning glory that Karen has created.

I can't pictures but I can start "part 2 or 3" threads! I try to start a new one on any thread over 200 posts. More than that and its difficult for the dial up friends.

Looking at everybody's garden's gives me such joy! Thank you to all of you that post your beautiful works of art.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

I just love this combination of D/L and Ti plant.

Thumbnail by jeri11
Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Check out the Natchez crepe myrtle after the rain. It looks like it snowed!!! LOL!!!!

Thumbnail by jeri11
Central, LA(Zone 8b)

My lilac crepe myrtle was slow to bloom this year. It's just starting!!!

Thumbnail by jeri11
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

All so very lovely Jeri.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Ran out briefly and shot those this AM. It's dark and thundering here now!!! Yea!!!! Everybody around has had showers every day for the last 2 weeks but not us. I'm burned out from watering. I love doing it normally when it's not quite so hot!!!! The past 2 weeks I'm watering AM & PM and things are burning up in front of me.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

It hasn't rained much here either. And yes, the heat is pretty bad and it isn't July yet!

Ripley, MS

Well today the chair is getting covered with the morning glory vine, but who knows what tomorrow will bring, maybe the rabbits will leave it alone this year.

Thumbnail by slcdms

Jeri, everything is so looking so good. I wonder why my Ti plant you gave me in November is not that beautiful color of yours. Yours looks burgandy. Does it turn darker as it gets older? I love it. And thanks so much for showing us a litlte of your oasis.

Sandra, what kind of paint did you paint your chair with to keep it from rotting in the weather? I have a chair like that, but I'm afraid to put it outside. I love that arrangement.

Hi Kim.

Speaking of rain......I felt like a little girl playing in the wonderful rain a while ago. I went out earlier and it was so hot, I got real dizzy, so I came back in. It got really cloudy and I went out again, and the wind started blowing and it started raining and I was having a ball moving rocks. I hate to be hot. Anyway, I had to stop after a while cause it was raining too hard to see. LOL Now after a wonderful hot shower and hot fried fish, I am as cozy as a baby.

I use exterior paint on my chair/art. It still won't last forever but that's ok with me. For anything that I am more motivated to keep "nice" I also put a coat or two of polyurethane. If its REAL important... it doesn't go outside!

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Long day with Dr visits for myself and my 92 year old mother in law. Just wanted you to share my view having coffee this morn before I had to leave. As the sun starts up a beautiful view of what God made and what hopefully man will not destroy.
The Ouachita River from my front porch as the night gives over to the dawning of another blessed day.

Thumbnail by Riverland
Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

As the Sun rises the colors appear softly.

Thumbnail by Riverland
Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Then you begin to have that golden glow blanket earth. I hope you had such a beautiful morning to remember and to give thanks.

Thumbnail by Riverland

WOW!!! What a view!

Ripley, MS

Very pretty Cindy, I know you enjoy your porch in the summer.
I am glad you are feeling better.

I can't remember what kind of paint I used, but I do remember I bought a high priced one so it would last--lol--I got it at Lowes. This is the second sumer for the chair and it stayed out all winter.

Sandra

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Cindy your view is indeed a gift from God!!! That is so o o pretty!!! You have such a good eye. A better description is picture perfect!!!!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Combined the natural beauty of the land, water, then the manicured landscape that Cindy has worked hard around the area....like Jeri said "Picture perfect" and not to mention of Cindy's photography skill. Thanks Cindy for sharing such wonderful views.
Kim

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Jeri love your pictures. We are finally getting a little rain right now . We have been watering relentlessly. Our water is free from the river but the electricity isn't. Oh well we can't take it with us and Uncle Sam can't take what we don't have. LOL

Sandra as always I love your chair.

This little hibiscus was had to get a picture of on this cloudy day. several of you got this seedling from me at the round up. The bloom is only about 2 1/2 inches wide but so cute.
Simply Love Hibiscus

Thumbnail by Riverland
Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Thank you all I wish you could have been here to share. Cindy

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Mary G. and Debbie and I are gonna have a mini RU tomorrow. They said it's my day!!! Isn't that nice. It will be really nice to get to visit.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Ah, how I wished I could be there tooooooooooo!!!
Hi Cindy.

Ripley, MS

Me too-I want to go--sniff, sniff
Give each other hugs from me
Sandra

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Me too Sandra maybe we can do the fall thing again this year. It really was fun. Missing all of you. Sandra so good to have you back seems lost here without you.

Ok the rest of you I know have pictures. If you are new here or just a lurker we would love for you to join us. Nothing too small for us to fawn over. Loving looking at all the new beginnings. All the gardens have to start somewhere. You would never believe what my place looked like 24 months ago. All my friends here either enabled my purchased plants or donated my free ones. They also taught me how to hybridize some and grow them from seed. Mostly I let the creatures do my hybridizing and I just collect the seed. I also grew plants from a lot of swapped seed. Don't think you are the only ones with messes either. LOL I have had this place in a wreck ever since we came back from Jeri's so I am only showing the good stuff.

Forgot to say Hello Kim and Jeri I hope you have a wonderful day with Mary and Debbie. They are a lot of fun so I know you will. Cindy

This message was edited Jun 26, 2008 9:38 PM

Well, Cindy, I am just getting a peak at your photos from this morning. What a wonderful way to end the day , with such beautiful views. Thankyou so much. Cindy that Hibiscus is sooooo pretty. I hope that's one of one's you gave to me. What's the name of it, so I check your tags. LOL

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Simply Love is all the name I have. I got the seeds in a seed swap. It is so cute blooming still in it's paper cup. I haven't gotten it in the ground yet. It is only about 6 inches tall.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Good Morning Everyone!!! It's a beautiful day here, I pray the same for all of Yall!!!!! I feel the same way about Yall!!! Cindy you forgot to mention that you are quite the enabler also!!! LOL!!!!

Ripley, MS

I finally got some blooms on my Morning Glory Bush

Thumbnail by slcdms
Ripley, MS

Close up of the bloom
I am sooooo glad to be home too, but boy do I need to be out there working instead of in here playing with the pictures.-LOL
Sandra

Thumbnail by slcdms
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I didn't realize that I have been away from this thread for two whole days. It sure makes it hard to comment on all the lovely photos when I stay away that long. Great photos everyone--what lovely gardens and flowers you all have! Cindy, I didn't realize the Ouachita River made its way down into Louisiana--guess I should have looked on the map. LOL

I don't have any photos of flowerbeds to post--y'all have seen all that I have, I think. Guess I'll have to go post some pics of individual flowers on Kim's thread--LOL

Have a good afternoon and stay cool, everyone. It seems to be unseasonably hot all over the south! :o((

Marilyn

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

You are right about hot. I wish I could work longer when it is cool but I can't. I did get a wisteria cut back hard this morning and 3 rows of the daylily bed weeded. Now that I am rested up we are in the high nineties.

Sandra that bed really looks good. All that work last spring really paid off.

Ripley, MS

Thanks Cindy, but you can't see all the grass and weeds in the picture. I had one daylily to photograph this morning I had to pull up some grass to keep it out of the picture--lol
I finally have a canna bloom-yeah!!!
Sandra

Thumbnail by slcdms

Thankyou Sandra for posting a picture of your whole MG. Mine is tall and skinny too. I'll be so glad when it blooms. But I can't complain about it's growth, just a few months ago it looked like a small ugly potatoe. LOL

And ya'll missed out on some good visiting and awesome food with me and Jeri. We met at the same resturant ya'll all went to the night you got back from Forest Hill. The best steak and shrimp augratin. And of course, there is never enough time to visit as much as we want to.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Debbie, I'm so glad to hear you all have had a great time, good food. I think I know what Jeri ordered....shrimp augratin! Yummm!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.