Time to vote! Choose your favorite images in our annual Photo Contest HERE

"let see your gardens & flower beds" Part #3

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Clemen,
I have only lived here 2 years and frankly, I don't know very many people! LOL... but thanks for asking, if you dmail me more info & names I'll check the phone books for anything that might help. Or maybe a craigslist free ad asking for info??
Pat

Ripley, MS

Martha, your yard is not theyard of a woman who has had surgery this year--I worked all day on one bed today and still don't have it in very good shape. It has been a beautiful day to be outside though with the cooler weather.
Everything looks so pretty. I saw lots of butterflies today out working, but when you get the camera they hide !!
I did catch one and will post it here. I don't know what it is but someone will I am sure.

sandra

Thumbnail by slcdms
Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

Ok guys some Long Islander pics alright, Clemen

Thumbnail by Clemen

and some more

Thumbnail by Clemen

And more

Thumbnail by Clemen

ok one more that is it for tonight! Clemen

Thumbnail by Clemen
Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

What kind of passi is that 3 up?

Jlp222, i bought her last year with no id, i wish I would know what she is and she is GORGEOUS to me! Thanks, Clemen

Thumbnail by Clemen
Port Vincent, LA(Zone 8b)

Clemen your flowers are beautiful. When Kim sees that you haven't put their names on them, you gonna be in trouble. LOL She says to me, "Debbie , put the names so the newbees know what they are".. Just kidding. But, what is that beautiful blue on your last post?

Hi Jennifer...jenlapolice. is that what jlp is?

Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

No, it's my initials. Jennifer Lynne Payne. Good guess though, much more creative than I am! Maybe that's what it can stand for now that I am married : )

Yes, it could. You have a beautiful name.

he he, Drapelady, but this is not Kim's thread so I can cheat, I love it! LOL, ClemenI

Thumbnail by Clemen

Oh, that last blue one is a variagated morning glory I bought at the local nursery, I still need to tranplant her! Clemen

Kiiimmmmmm.........Clemen is cheeaatttiingg. That's ok Clem, I won't tell her. LOL OOOOOOohhhhhhh KKKKKiiiiiimmmmmm..

You are craking me up! PLEASEEEEEEEEEE don't tell Kim, She will trow me in that lake of hers hahaha, Clemen

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

All your plants and yards are gorgeous! My yard isn't that nice anymore, it has a big storm shelter in the middle of it :( It was supposed to go behind the grape vines and they put it right in the middle of the yard. I was too sick to go out and check on it, I just trusted they would put it where we had discussed a week earlier. Poo.

Thumbnail by crissyr
(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Crissy, when you're feeling better, you will be able to put some nice plants on it and some landscaping, THEN it will be an asset to your yard!

Crissy, you have a big property and has lots of potential! It looks like you have a lot of sun too, which is great! Clemen

Our whole yard is full sun, the back yard isn't but it's just forest, no grass or anything, just a bunch of trees. We're eventually going to take most of the trees out and make that a yard too. I think I'm going to put some sort of blooming ivy on it, maybe some hibiscus, that way it's easy to take care of, Hubby Dave won't have to try to weedeat it, and I don't want to get too many flower beds going and overwhelm myself, my main focus is that fence LOL

crissy, get out there and put some plants all accross there so you can't see it. How deep is the soil on top of it? You could even plant some color on the top of it , with greenery or plants in front of it and everyone would think your a genious. Do you need plants. Just tell us and we'll send em. I remember when my yard behind my house was a disaster. It held water, grass just grew in patches, dismal trees. I would walk out there , study it, shake my head, get discouraged and just go back in. Then one day this precious grandson of mine brought me a cup of grass home that he had been growing at school. And thus the cleaning and the plantings began. See the little white styrofoam cup of grass on the left edge. This tree ring was our first project. He and I gathered broken pieces of concrete from all over the yard and made the edges for our first garden.

Thumbnail by Debbie2007

this was the backyard before the cup of grass

Thumbnail by Debbie2007

this is it now, and I've still got sooooooo much to do

Thumbnail by Debbie2007

Well, now that I have inspired myself, I think I will spray my off on so I don't get eaten alive by the mosquitos and hit the garden before it gets too hot. LOL

Wow Debbie, what an ispiration for Crissy and all of us! Nice gradual change and that grandson of yours could not be any cuter! Clemen

Crissy, I'm with Debbie, you want plants, just tell us, Love sharing!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Clemen: Don Juan is a climbing rose. All your flowers are so pretty but I must agree with Kim and Debbie--you have to ID them for us so we (meaning me, myself and I) won't have to ask you what they are. LOL Kiiimmmm--where are you!!??
Crissy: any climbing rose would look great against that fence--probably some beautiful clematis, too. (Kim has LOTS of clematis!--shhh-don't tell her I told you.) Plant some bulbs on top of your storm shelter--in the spring you will have a pretty show of daffodils and/or tulips. There are lots of ground covers you could plant on top of it, too. As a matter of fact, there are any number of flowers you could plant on top of it.
Debbie: DH didn't dis-assemble anything while I was away yesterday--LOL--there's nothing else left for him to take apart--unless he starts moving plants around in the flower beds and I think I can rest assured he won't be doing that--at least not in this heat!--LOL Those are great before and after photos--your grandson probably had no idea what he was going to get started when he brought you that cup of grass!! BTW, did you spray that off on? LOL
Martha--absolutely gorgeous flower beds!! One question--do you have the lattice on the fence to make it easier for climbing plants to "climb" or is it there just for "decoration"?

I love the little garden you did! That is very, very nice, gives me an idea around the three trees I have in front of my property. My beds are going to look like all of your beds! LOL

Oh My ya'll are so kind! I don't want to take everyone's plants, but if it's down to take them or "I don't know what I'm going to do with them" I'll take them. Then I can label who gave what to me and take pictures of them all to show you.

I was going to do some climbing roses against the fence, with climbing ivy, elephant ears, mandevilla, iris, allamanada, clematis, lillies, and cannas. I took a notepad to Lowes with me and wrote all of the plants I liked down LOL One way to do it I guess LOL

Dave's going to take me to the movies to see Wanted, but I took pictures this morning I'm going to share with ya'll when I have time to post them later this evening.

Marilyn, I'm so glad he knows when to stop. LOL And yes, I indeed sprayed off on. I don't know if it's mosquitos or knats or what. But at least with the Off I don't have to bath in alcohol.

Thankyou crissy. I have some elephant ears and canna I can send to you. Does anyone know if it's alright to transplant them now? Is your address in the address exchange?

Debbie

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

They might survive just being transplanted from one spot to another in the same yard but it might be too hot for mailing right now. Might be better to wait till fall.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hello!!! I've been busy and missed alot on DG, missed you all and glad to play catch up. lol. I agreed with Marilyn about the hot weather -- mailing plants at this time. I received some cuttings the other day, today, 75% of the cuttings looks pretty bad and isn't putting out roots!
There isn't many flowers that are blooming now in the garden that I haven't posted. So is a repeat posting of these lacecap hydrangea:

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Oh Kim , I love the lace caps, so you can never post it too many times.

Thanks Marilyn and Kim for the info on the hot weather shipping to crissy.

Crissy, I guess we will have to wait til it cools off.

rrrrrrrrr sweet Kim is back, I'm glad she did not read about me posting without id's, jezzzzzzzzzz, I 'm going to be in so much trouble! hahahaha, Clemen

Guys, please help this nyORKER HAPPY GIRL!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

LOL, Clemen. Not a problem there. If you're happy, so is everyone else. That goes for me too.

'Limelight' hydrangeas is getting closer to display its beauty. Here is a late blooming hydrangea compared to other hydrangeas. Hello Lana, how is yours doing?

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Thank you Kim, I though I was going to loose my inheritance, lol, So here I post again with some id's ok, hehe, I know you're around!

First bloom on this morning glory!

Thumbnail by Clemen
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Clemen, you do have great taste on choosing your pots/containers. I love them all. Nice collection.

Hey Debbie, we're crossing over to your post....and getting away from posting pics. of gardens and flower beds....

I ran out of pics. of the day, but here is just one more before I say goodnight. lol. Have a good night, 'til we meet again tomorrow.
Kim

Here are two of my little voodoo lilies. Something different and some time surprise us with their unique flowers....luckily they're not at flower producing stage yet....

Thumbnail by Lily_love

My sweet Kim, can you recognize something int this pic???????????hope you will, they are your children! LOL Clemen

Thumbnail by Clemen

Debbie, that's fine, I'm not ready anyway, I still have to start my new bed. I'll have it ready by the end of September, it's still pretty hot then.

I can't believe your gardens aren't blooming, mine is going nuts, and I'm just doing a trial run, not that I have a lot of variety planted, but here's today's pics

These are my Katie's Blue" Mexican Petunias.

Thumbnail by crissyr

And a section of sunflowers

Thumbnail by crissyr

Hummingbird on the sunflower! There is a Hummingbird nest right across the street! Right after I took this picture a bumble bee showed up (I counted 10 bumblebees on my flowers at one time today, whew!) and faced off with the hummingbird, it was really neat to watch them hover face to face for about 5 seconds, then they flew off in different directions.

Thumbnail by crissyr

More sunflowers

Thumbnail by crissyr

baeutiful Crissy, Clemen

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.