2008 cactus blooms

Henderson, NV(Zone 9b)

Just want to share some of the cactus blooms this year. Continuing from this thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/828306/. Enjoy.

Trichocereus 'Salmon'

Thumbnail by cacti_lover
Henderson, NV(Zone 9b)

T. 'slamon'

Thumbnail by cacti_lover
Henderson, NV(Zone 9b)

T. 'volcanic sunset'

Thumbnail by cacti_lover
Henderson, NV(Zone 9b)

Unknown tricho and T. 'volcanic sunset'

Thumbnail by cacti_lover
Henderson, NV(Zone 9b)

T. 'epic'

Thumbnail by cacti_lover
Henderson, NV(Zone 9b)

Another unknown

Thumbnail by cacti_lover
Henderson, NV(Zone 9b)

T. 'sunflower'

Thumbnail by cacti_lover
Henderson, NV(Zone 9b)

Echinopsis hybrid

Thumbnail by cacti_lover
Henderson, NV(Zone 9b)

Another of T. 'volcanic sunset'

Thumbnail by cacti_lover
Henderson, NV(Zone 9b)

unknown echinosis hybrid

Thumbnail by cacti_lover
Valley Village, CA

They are just beautiful, the picture is great, thanks for showing them, really exceptional. Thank you, Norma

Henderson, NV(Zone 9b)

Thank you, Norma! Hope you enjoyed them.

Mountlake Terrace, WA(Zone 8a)

very nice.

Lima, OH

They are all BEAUTIFUL but the T. 'Salmon' is stupendous! It's blooming it's fool head off!

Thanks SO much for posting these picts!

Sharon

Glendale, AZ

Hi Trent - nice to see you posting! Just beautiful! Are yours just now blooming? Mine have pretty much hunkered down to this heat.

Henderson, NV(Zone 9b)

AnalogDog--Thank you!

tervherd--Thanks! T. 'salmon' seems to bloom better year after year. This is the best yet.

HaroldS--Hello there Harold. I finally have a chance to post some pics. Most of the pics were taken in early June. Yes, the heat is really choking the flowers and buds. They've fallen off before they can bloom but some are still coming out and still blooming, although nowhere as nice as like May or June.

(Zone 8a)

Excuse me while I take my jaw off the floor..

Nevada City, CA(Zone 8b)

Those are all gorgeous! What do you do to those things to get them to bloom like that?

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Stunning! I especially like Volcanic Sunset. Thanks for sharing your photos. Do you do anything out of the ordinary in caring for your cactus?

Cannelton, IN(Zone 6b)

W W OO W W !
W W W O O W W W !!
W W OO W W !
Gary *

Lecanto, FL(Zone 9a)

I enjoyed them. Can I ask what you feed them? I've had my cactus for several years but never looked into how to care for them. I'm learning their names and needs and want them to bloom this year. Nancy

Plumiedelphia, PA(Zone 7a)

OMG the Tricos are to die for!!
Im waiting for blooms on mine
Hopefully this year
There seems to be a 3 year period of adjustment when plants come to Philly PA
I always get blooms by then
I actually saw a small pot of trichos in HD this week
Wasnt worth the buy they were beat to death, shame it was
HD has hit the bottom here now.
Im glad for the trichos I was gifted
I know theyll bloom 4 sho!!
Thanks!
Great pics!!

Worcester, MA

Are those real? They are just too gorgeous :)

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

This are all gorgeous as usual! Your yard/patio must have been delightful with them in bloom. You really have the knack, thanks for posting.

FSD, Pakistan(Zone 10b)

Unbearable beauties you have.Such a nice collection.
Loves the colors.
Thanks for sharing your Flowers period every year with us.
Yasir

I just found a bud!!

Goodyear, AZ(Zone 9a)

Trent did you see my post a couple on months ago? My volcanic sunset has bloomed again but only one bloom at a time!

This message was edited Jul 5, 2008 1:41 PM

Thumbnail by KactusKathi
Delhi, IA

WOW!! Like how old would the first plant be? Now the day I get a cactus to bloom like that I won't believe it. I still have hopes to have blooms on a cactus in cold Iowa, and am trying to decide what kind to try. Jean

Worcester, MA

I don't mean to be rude, but I am very jealous and I'm pretty sure I hate you. :0)

Henderson, NV(Zone 9b)

kniphofia--Thanks!

carrihulet--A lot has to do with climate. I help them out by giving them regular feeding of low nitrogen fertilizer in spring.

zone10--Thanks! I just give them a dose of fertilizer in Feb. to help with the bud formation and regular feedings in mid to late spring.

smashedcactus--Thanks!

wormfood--Thank you! I feed with Miracle gro low nitrogen fertilizer before blooming season and all prupose fertilizer afterward. Good luck on your cacti Nancy.

Malestrom--Thanks! I usually don't to the big box retailers but ocationally they do have bargains. Especially during new shipments when plants are healthy. Congrats on your bud! Post a pic when it blooms.

maureen1952--Thanks! Yes, they are real. I think they are better than fake ones. Don't hate me because I'm...because my cacti are beautiful. lol

cactuspatch--Thanks! They are really not that difficult to grow.

cactus_lover--Thanks! Glad you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed yours! You have an amzing collection, Yasir!

KactusKathi--You got a great bloom there! Sorry I missed your post. I don't visit this site as often as before. Having blooms one at a time can be better than a huge flush at once. It really last longer. Congrats!

jamlover--Thanks! I'm not sure about the age. It was a foot tall when I got it four years ago. Trichos can start blooming at about half that size.

Henderson, NV(Zone 9b)

Unknown pink tricho

Thumbnail by cacti_lover
Henderson, NV(Zone 9b)

One of my T. candicans

Thumbnail by cacti_lover
Henderson, NV(Zone 9b)

Unknown cactus

Thumbnail by cacti_lover
Henderson, NV(Zone 9b)

T. 'salmon' in the morning sun

Thumbnail by cacti_lover
FSD, Pakistan(Zone 10b)

The third unknown cactus in Post #5212482 is Borzicactus,specie dont know.
Your have such a nice collection of blooming cereus.
Thanks for sharing.
Yasir

Delhi, IA

Is it blooming today? How long does the plant continue to put out flowers? Did you save any seed or pick faded blooms before they ripened?And the blooms only last one day? It apparently blooms by day, not opening in the evening and gone by morning? Full of questions as you can see; trying to learn. I want to try some cactus seed and will search for some when I know what kind I want to try.

I started looking and found echinopsis and Trichocereus as being one in the same? I know so little about these. Is that true? Is one just an older name? Jean

first buds on a tricho?
Im celebrating lol!! 8D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/Malestrom22/Cacti%20and%20Succulents/TrichoBud.jpg

Worcester, MA

Cactus-lover you're killing me. Beautiful

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

OMG! You created a new fan. I went out and bought a tricho yesterday, at Home Depot of all places (until the day I can get to one of the north county cactus/succulent nurseries). I bought two 5" plants labeled "trichocereus hybrid". Oh well, what do you expect from HD?! I can't wait to see what color blooms they produce. Spring can't come too soon! Thanks for the inspiration.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9b)

Mine started with a fuzzy spot. Then a fleshy bud. I had no idea what to expect. Is this a trichocereus?

Thumbnail by daves_not_here

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.