ALL FORUMS WELCOME Lets see your gardens,beds,and containers

Port Vincent, LA(Zone 8b)

Ok people, hear we go. Get out there and take some shots of your gardens, beds, and containers. We all need new ideas and love to stroll thru other DG'er's gardens. Everything ought to be blooming right now. And we all love all types of plants and flowers and tropicals. Remember, step back and let us see the whole bed or path or arbor or plant or container.

I'll start with some of my tropicals. You start with whatever you want.

Thumbnail by Debbie2007

Uprite Elephant Ears

Thumbnail by Debbie2007

Gingers

Thumbnail by Debbie2007

Mixed container

Thumbnail by Debbie2007

Wandering Jew and Sweet Potatoe

Thumbnail by Debbie2007

More tropicals

Thumbnail by Debbie2007
Booneville, MS

I love that dark purple in #4. Is that a coleus? The pictures are great. As soon as I get my camera program loaded on this new computer, I'll try to post some pictures.

Terrye

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

hi Debbie, you foooled me another thread. ok and now I meet a new friend, hi Terrye, this is Clemen from NY. Here is a pink beauty in bloom, (brug)

Thumbnail by Clemen
Booneville, MS

Hi, Clemen! That brug is a beauty. I have blooms on my first brug ever right now, but I don't have a picture to post.

Terrye

Terrye, I wanna see, please please post! Clemen

the passi that Kim loves!

Thumbnail by Clemen
Booneville, MS

I love that one too! Those colors together are beautiful.

Terrye

Terrye, thanks, mandeville, two tone! Clemen

Thumbnail by Clemen

Hi Terrye, yes that's a coleus called Red Ruffles. It grows so fast and so tall, I took it out of the coleus bed so the rest didn't look so short.LOL Can't wait til you get your camera finished.

Hi Clemen.

Hi Debbie,do your ee bloom???? Mine don't Clem

A yellow lily in bloom!

Thumbnail by Clemen

No Clemen, I don't think they are supposed to bloom LOL But what do I know. I'm just glad when they live. That is a fabulous picture of the yellow lily. What is the purple flower at the bottom?

Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

Purple Shield, Petunias, and Banana Vine.

Thumbnail by jlp222

And the tall pink one. So pretty. You have some beautiful pots girl. That's another of my weakness'. If you will tomorrow, step back and take a pic of the whole passi plant. I think that is some of the prettiest flowers, but I don't know what the plants look like.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Hahahaha... found you anyhow! (I told you the link didn't work for me). I don't know what you call them.. Caldium... or some such thing? I seriously love them and WANT some!

Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

Same container

Thumbnail by jlp222
Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

I took some more pictures today but I just don't have the energy to upload them.

Hi Jennifer, where you been girl? That's a great idea on the persian sheild. To surround it with white petunias. It really makes it stand out pretty. In case you didn't see your Epi on Kims thread, just look how big she's getting.

Thumbnail by Debbie2007
Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

Oh my goodness she is growing! My baby is all grown up!

Are they supposed to flower Jen? And I'm so sorry you are so tired. My son just came in a little while ago and he is bushed too. You young folks sure have to work so hard now a days.

Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

Yes, it should bloom red.

Hi Pat, I'm so glad you found us. Caladiums? Is that what you want? I can send you some starts, just let me know. Are you talking about the White and pink big ears in the first and sixth pictures?

Debbie

Awesome Jen. I didn't know it was going to give me flowers too. Did you keep one for yourself?

Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

Yep : )

Go to the "Orchid Cactus" forum and look for posts about Epiphylliums or "epis". That is what you have. I don't know the name, but it should have red blooms. They are beautiful.

Will do , thanks again.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Debbie!! Caladiums? YES!!! I love them, they are soooooo expensive here. Can you really send me some starts? Please let me know how much postage to send you. Or would you rather I send some variagated iris starts? Or gayfeather (purple liatris), pink lilies (NOID, not day lilies but tall upright)?

I have several new plants to get in the ground. I traded from some blue iris. I have peonies & lilies from a co-op coming this fall.. I have an area that is 14 x 30 feet that I am turning into another flower garden. When THAT is done, I will no longer have ANY grass to mow.

I ran out of daylight and did not get the cement mixed up. I have all the wire reinforcement cut for the stepping stone molds. My husband will be home from work shortly so I need to finish getting him some dinner fixed.

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

One of my favorite containers.

Thumbnail by OutsidePlaying

These sunflowers came up from seed the birds had dropped. I let them grow in one of my backyard beds to see what bloomed. To my surprise there were 2 different sunflowers. My 8-year-old grand-daughter thought it was cool that they were about twice her height.

Elaine

Dun - forgot the photo of the sunflowers.

I may have posted this one before somewhere. Lots of stuff in bloom around the pond.

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

We got married in Lake Tahoe, CA/NV. It was cold, snowing on the other side of the lake!

LOL it's a fiberglass storm shelter.

Thumbnail by crissyr
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Wow, you ladies really make it hard to catch up! Before I forget, for all who asked on the previous thread: DH is not going to have eye surgery any time soon. The doctors told him that because he is a one-eyed person (blind in his right eye for about the last 12 years) they will not do surgery on the "good" eye, even though the cataract is growing, until there is practically no sight left in that eye. They just don't take chances of any kind with a one-eyed person. I can understand their reasoning but DH was really disappointed. He was hoping they could remove the cataract and he would be able to see clearly again. However, he doesn't complain--just keeps on keeping on. He has quit driving altogether--sold his truck a couple of months ago. I have to drive him where ever he needs or wants to go but then we go everywhere together anyway.
Clem: the yellow lily is outstanding--love it!
Outside: what a gorgeous pond and the plantings around it! So tranquil looking.
Debbie, I love the way you have your caladiums placed in front of the EE's. That is a nice contrast. How do you overwinter your caladiums? I have never had any luck digging them up and storing the "bulbs" or corms or rhizomes or whatever you call them in a paper bag over the winter.
Jen: that purple sheild, white petunias, banana vine potted up together is very pretty.
Pat: I love caladiums, too. I always grow mine in a pot. They don't live over the winter in my zone so I doubt very seriously if they would in your zone. You would have to bring them inside or dig them up. Debbie can probably better tell you how to overwinter them--I have never had any luck with it.
Here's a pic of my "caladium garden". Those blooms to the lower right are my orchid, which is blooming for the first time in 2 years! Hooray!!

This message was edited Jul 10, 2008 10:03 AM

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Crissy: we cross-posted. Lake Tahoe is a beautiful place. The storm shelter will, no doubt, prove very useful during tornado season!

Here's what my sunflower looks like today. The birds should be feasting soon!

Thumbnail by marsue
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Eliane, I love your water garden setting, and Sunflowers.....I love 'em tooo, only I'm struggling with growing them.

Marilyn, and Christine, rub it in, rub it. I wanted your Sunflowers!!! LOL. (seriously, I'll try them again next year) I do have a tons of seeds, only I hope they'll keep until next season.

Debbie, you've accomplished so much, so soon in your gardening projects. You're gifted!!!

Ok, just a few containers this morning....I'll be back later....
Kim

Thumbnail by Lily_love

LOL my sunflowers are not wilting naturally cause of the storms, so I can't tell what stage they're in.

Tahoe was awseome! We wanted a little wedding, maybe 80 people max so the 4 hour drive for us, other people that came had a longer drive, kept out the riff raff, we just had our closest family members and friends there, it was really nice.

Thumbnail by crissyr
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Okay, Crissy, I KNOW that Tahoe is much more than a four hour drive from Malvern, LOL. You must have lived in Nevada or California when you got married.

LOL I lived in Modesto, CA. It's right in the middle of the state, right smack in the middle of the valley.

Thumbnail by crissyr

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.