Willow"s Photo Pile - Blooms From New York

Bath, NY(Zone 5b)

Dahlia's are starting to bloom and everyday's a new surprise.. This is what all the digging is about .

Pooch this one's is for you. Not a very good picture but I keep missing the perfect time. This is loaded with flowers and the plant is about 41/2' high.

Thumbnail by willow22552
Bath, NY(Zone 5b)

Here's another of Annie B

Thumbnail by willow22552
Bath, NY(Zone 5b)

This one is Ken's Flame, a wonderful waterlily. Got to be one of my favorites, love the color!

Thumbnail by willow22552
Bath, NY(Zone 5b)

Azuma Kagami. A really dark red novelty. Lots of blooms and about 4'.

Thumbnail by willow22552
Bath, NY(Zone 5b)

Here's Joe K( an Annie photo). I have tried to take several photos and this is the best I have been able to get. The petals are just like velvet. An Art Keifer miniature. Nice size plant,31/2 feet. A really nice red.

Thumbnail by willow22552
Bath, NY(Zone 5b)

Karras150, thank you Pooch. Growing really well in the white garden and full of buds, 4' high

Thumbnail by willow22552
Bath, NY(Zone 5b)

Keith H , one from you Al. Lovely waterlily and the Japanese beetles think so too, Ugh their back!

Thumbnail by willow22552
Clinton, CT(Zone 6b)

All good but Ken's Flame is really special. The color of a flame.

Bath, NY(Zone 5b)

This one is Kenora Ontario , a beautiful lavender and white. Nice A if you like the big ones.

Thumbnail by willow22552
Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Beautiful Willow, me too on the Ken's Flame.

Bath, NY(Zone 5b)

I love this one, Robin Hood. This is usually the first to bloom and is always full of buds. Nice ball.

Thumbnail by willow22552
Bath, NY(Zone 5b)

Another ball, just the palest of yellow , Rural Dirk.

Thumbnail by willow22552
Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

WOWOWOWOW!!!! Robin Hood is stunning, it would look wonderful with Maarn. We will have to trade?

Bath, NY(Zone 5b)

I don't have Maarn, you are on. Robin hood makes so many tubers that you will be begging people to take them. It sprouts very early and flowers the same. I wish I had know as I threw some in the dust bin as I ran out of room. I always keep a few as fillers in case I have rot because they take off quite and catch up even if planted late. Great flower!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

o How prettiful willow!!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I can't explain why I don't have Ken's Flame yet ;(
Looks great Nadine, I can't imagine not having Keith H every year either - mine is a bit away yet.

West Caldwell, NJ(Zone 6b)

Super! Ken's Flame is my favorite color scheme!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Very, very lovely.

Delhi, IA

Kind of going for the waterlily form. Very nice.

Bath, NY(Zone 5b)

Thanks everybody. A few more have bloomed. Another of my favorites is My Beverly, not quite opened but an eye catcher.

Thumbnail by willow22552
Bath, NY(Zone 5b)

Senior ball, a little deformed but a gallant effort.

Thumbnail by willow22552
Bath, NY(Zone 5b)

Another ball,Polventon Supreme. Very similar to Rural Dirk but a bit darker yellow and a taller plant

Thumbnail by willow22552
Bath, NY(Zone 5b)

If you like red , this is about as dark red as it comes, Black Narcissus. For me, This plant is always full of buds and holds well after cut.

Thumbnail by willow22552
Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Wow, your dahlias are so pretty. I like them all. My Beverly is lovely.

Bath, NY(Zone 5b)

Thanks Lenjo. I always have extra tubers so keep a list if you want to trade or just want some.

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

I love My Beverly and Kens Flame, Red and Yellow my favorite combo!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Wow oh wow.....wherever did you get My Beverly? I love it and have room for one more....maybe.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

OMG all so beautiful!!

Yes, My Beverly is fantastic! I would love to see a stop motion of that opening!

Bath, NY(Zone 5b)

It should be all the way open tomorrow so I will repost. I have two plants so I should have some tubers.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Beautiful Nadine, as always. I cannot wait for Ken's Flame to open here, it's doing well but a way to go yet for real blooms to hit. It looks like Keith H on color steroids! Your My Beverly is so much richer than anything I've produced here, very nice! Lost Rural Dirk, and my Annie B to rot :( Maybe next year. And Please, please put me down for Karras 150 as I killed my last tuber and it's one of my favorite whites.

Grazzi Willow! Keep on postin'.

Bath, NY(Zone 5b)

Thanks Annie. Here is Annie B from afar as you can see it is loaded with flowers and buds.

Thumbnail by willow22552
Bath, NY(Zone 5b)

Here's My Beverly again opened a little more. A keeper for sure

Thumbnail by willow22552
Bath, NY(Zone 5b)

This a new one for my garden, Candlelight. My DH chose this one, his favorite coloring and he leans toward waterlilies. This flower is quite yellow when it first starts to open and then the show begins. It's quite a large flower, about 8".

Thumbnail by willow22552
Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Beautiful Candlelight. Your DH has great taste in dahlias! Looks like NYS is giving you a great growing season. Let the show continue! Love the maroon stems on Annie B too.

Wow, you have the touch! My Beverly I thought was yellow with pink, but your colors are really strong. Also Swan Island rates Candlelight at 6", impressive (and beauties both)!

Bath, NY(Zone 5b)

More have showed their pretty heads. Brookside Snowball an all time favorite with me. Long stems and great form

Thumbnail by willow22552
Bath, NY(Zone 5b)

A new one for me, Cabana Banana. Nice stems and about 6 inches across.

Thumbnail by willow22552
Bath, NY(Zone 5b)

Here's a shot of my Tarahiti Ruby, a favorite it seems and well it should be. A striking flower.

Thumbnail by willow22552
Bath, NY(Zone 5b)

Let's see what else... Hamilton Lillian

Thumbnail by willow22552

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.