Cocoajuno's dahlias 2008

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Well a couple are looking gorgeous....so far am waiting for many to bloom this year.
Here is Camano Sitka, new for me and I love it!

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

This one is Cascade Becky

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Carmen Fiesta, a very pretty one, love the colors!

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Chilson's Pride

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Eveline is not new, but it is such a perfect dahlia for me. It is one reliable dahlia.

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Love this new one....lol Whirlygig such a fun one!

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Love the colors, Nargold.

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Orion, not too sure about this one, these showed the center too quick...

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

You all know I love the little Gallery series. Art Nouveau is already blooming, Art Deco (my favorite) is just about to bloom. I found another favorite, Gallery Pablo.

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Gallery Vincent is blooming too, I forgot that one...lol I added 3 new Gallery...this one is Cobra, the other isn't blooming yet.

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Riverdance and Pink Attraction are blooming too, it is a good start to the dahlia season for me. I added so many and can't wait to share the new blooms.

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

WONDERFUL!!

West Caldwell, NJ(Zone 6b)

Wow! Great show! I must get Nargold next year, that is super! Was that Camano Sitka one I gave you? I like to keep track of my children! :)

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thank you greathorse, dalianut, and todgor. I cannot wait for more blooms, each is special!

todgor,
I did not receive Camano Sitka from you probably because it was posted here on my new list in the earlier thread. I received so many beauties from you and I am looking forward to every bloom. I will make sure you know which are your babies...FYI remember I told you that "Mom's Special" had not come up....well I dug up the tuber and it was starting to sprout (2 months after planting) it is now a healthy looking plant! I am keeping my fingers crossed for bloom. I just dug another "Camano Propero" because it was not showing (it was one of the potted ones on the kitchen table in April) and guess what, it was just beginning to sprout but had not made it above ground...I do not understand?
You will definately have "Nargold" I bought two because I really wanted it, the other has not bloomed yet but is close....it is marked for you, you will have to tell me how to get it to you...lol Remember I do not and have never dug up a dahlia except to move it. I have no idea how to save one over winter unless it is in the ground...lol

This message was edited Jul 22, 2008 7:16 PM

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

This one is open and I almost missed it, Kenora Sunset. I do not know how it is so bright and beautiful.

Todgor if you don't have this one you need it... just like I did, lol.

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

This one isn't quite open but I still like the picture and the colors, of course. Cheyenne Chief

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Gallery Art Nouveau

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Bath, NY(Zone 5b)

Cheyenne Chief and Kenora Sunset just beautiful, my kind of colors!!!

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Mine too!

Aptos, CA

Your blooms are gorgeous...Cascade Becky looks a lot like Teesbroke Redeye...

Congrats on those beauties!

Coco, I had Kenora Sunset last year, it was a super plant, very prolific till it got knocked for a loop by a storm. Still remember wrestling with it trying to get it to stand up! Cheyenne Chief catches my eye though! You may like my Connell's freebie, Diddly Squat, same speckled red and yellow. Sadly Funfair and most of my other Connell's rotted in ground with all the rain, its starter pots for sure next year.

Your flowers are very unchewed, I guess you don't have the enslaught of insects we are seeing over here!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Stunning each and every one!!!!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Looking good Carla, I really like the colors on Cascade Becky and Chilson's Pride.

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thank you all so much.

Todgor, my leaves have been chewed and slimed by slugs and snails...ewww.. but so far the flowers have been good. I bait often but sometimes I think they like dahlias better than the bait.

This one is Color Spectacle, it is more orange than this picture shows and it is suppose to have white on some of the tips...I do see some coming with the white tips.

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Your Kenora Sunset is to die for...........of course they all are just stunning.

With the outer bands of Dolly bringing us some rain, I think my Dahlias will perk up. It's been way too hot for them, but they like the rain.

Parma, OH(Zone 5b)

Cocoajuno
I really like Whirlygig. It's so different. Luv the color on Camano Sitka.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Way to grow, Carla! They are all magnificent! I think my 'fave' vote so far has to go to Kenora Sunset with Gallery Cobra in a close second. Nice!

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Not only do grow beautiful dahlias but your photography is outstanding too.

I see so many Kenora something or others, where do you get those and who is the hybridizer/grower?

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks so much all of you, you are the reason I grow them. All of your beauties encouraged me to grow more of them. The only problem was I did not know you had to order them so early in the year and ended up going to Dahlia clubs to buy my tubers...lol So far they are all beauties!

Lenjo thanks for the compliment about photos, but it is so easy to take pictures of a gorgeous flower!

Here is a better picture of 'Color Spectacle' this first bloom is bigger than my head! I love the color such a great orange! This one shows some of the white tips and notice the stems are red/burgandy...love this one!

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

It is drizzling here today and I need to get out and take pictures of two more that are blooming today but it probably won't happen.
This bloom and Color Spectacle above are from yesterday.

This is Apricot Rays.

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Disputanta, VA(Zone 7a)

So beautiful. I love Apricot Rays & Cheyenne Chief, 2 of my faves. How many do you have growing?

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thank you so much, I am over 60 cultivars now...lol I added 40 new ones this year because of all the wonderful enablers here...lol

Great oranges! "Bigger than my head" is definitely one of my bloom selection criteria! LOL!

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hi todgor, LOL thanks!
I love Dahlia's and Rocks with that description....

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Gorgeous blooms!!! Congrats!

Joanne

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Color Spectacle IS a spectacle! Wowsers! I am celebrating the drizzle and praying for a gentle overnight rain here Carla. We are absolutely parched.

Those tuber sales can be real trouble, but so full of gleeful anticipation!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Coco----All so beautiful.

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thank you so much everyone, it is so much fun to watch them opening. I just cannot get over the fact that some are 1' tall foilage and an 8" bloom on a 10" stem....this year is weird as far as growth goes...but the blooms are gorgeous!
This one is Millennium

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Haley Jane....Thanks Annie

Thumbnail by cocoajuno

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images