Do you have 'fluff' in places you wish you didn't???

Midway, TX(Zone 8b)

If you are overweight what part of your body is the most embarrassing?

I am overweight about 50 lbs. sigh I can deal with my pones, saddlebags, doublechin and the rest. But it's my upper arms that really get my goat. lol
I totally refuse to wear sleeves on my arms throughout the whole hot summer!
And believe me we are hot at about 100 deg. The inner part of my upper arms looks like ruffles. lol At home I wear sleeveless shirts all the time. I've got some cute sleeveless tops for summer and I'm darn well going to wear them. ;)

Lin

Sioux City, IA(Zone 4b)

As I get older the weight slowly adds on. The part that bothers me the most is my stomach...I prefer to wear 2 piece swimsuits but I'm more conscious with my tummy being a bit flabby now :(

Maridell

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I'm still trying to lose the baby fat from my daughter who will be 2 in August. Can't seem to get rid of the baby belly, I hate it!! I have at least 10lbs to go.

(GayLynn) Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Thighs....ugh! I have never had nice thin thighs. I exercise, I lose weight... the thighs remain the same. I will not wear shorts. I keep them babies covered up. Don't want to scare small children.

Midway, TX(Zone 8b)

Maridell I've got the 'muffin top' tummy too. At my age I'm just doing the best I can at trying to keep my weight down. Not an easy task.
I do a lot of outdoor work and a lot of gardening.
Flower you'll get there! Just hang in. ;) After having a baby it takes a little while for the baby fat to go away.
Stacy you are too funny!! We all inherit some body characteristics from family members and some of those characteristics aren't so beautiful. lol
I seemed to have inherited my Grandmothers short height and short legs. I can keep the weight off my legs pretty well but have trouble with my upper body.
Lin

Sioux City, IA(Zone 4b)

Lin, I tell myself I need more cardio-type exercise, and walking would do my weight a good deal of help. BUT I JUST NEVER DO IT!! I can get frustrated with myself...but I do not get too worried. I do get regular exercise just not much of the sweating kind...ha, ha.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

staceysmom-at least thighs are easy to cover up, you can wear bermuda shorts, capris, skirts, sundresses and try not to shop in the junior dept where the shorts have a 3" inseam(they keep getting shorter!!)

Midway, TX(Zone 8b)

Merigold I know what you mean. I don't do the right kinds of exercise. I do walk as long as I don't have hip pain. And I do sweat!!! A lot. If you walk outside right now in my area you will certainly sweat. lol We are having scorching weather and no rain. Sort of like living in the desert.

I tell myself that when the weather cools down I will get more serious about walking. I need to stick to that. ;)

I am classified as a 'comfort food' eater. lol Nightime snacks are my downfall. sigh

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I was a big night time snacker and made myself stop eating after 8PM, if I am seriously hungry only fruits, veggies or popcorn allowed, other than that I will just drink water. I lost 5 lbs doing that.

Sioux City, IA(Zone 4b)

Good job flowerjen!

Yes, thank goodness thighs are easy to cover up.
I did the same thing flowerjen. I quit eating after 7:30 at night and drank lots of water throughout the day. I do like to walk though and walk almost every day. I walk early in the morning when it is a bit cooler. I doubt you can find a cooler part of the day in Texas right now though.

Cuyahoga Falls, OH(Zone 5a)

My fluff is up above my waist, if you know what I mean. I finally have cleavage after all these years - but it is wrinkled and hanging to my waist - lol !

I know what you mean countrymom. Also disappears into the arm pits when I lay down.

Midway, TX(Zone 8b)

Good job Flowerjen! Stacey, yes it is almost too hot right now in my part of Texas to walk anywhere outside. Above 100 today. Dh and I did our watering and outside chores very early this morning. I've been inside ever since.

Countrymom I can truly understand!! LOL Same here.

Right now I'm trying to decide what to wear to my G-son's college graduation. Hmmmm what a decision. Dress or pants/top. I have a new dress that is real pretty and it does fit even if I do look 'large' in it. Oh well, I am large. lol I'm leaning toward pants with a long top. I only have certain shoes I can wear without hurting my feet. So I guess my new sandals will be the shoes I'll wear and those would look much nicer with pants than a dress. Dressing to go somewhere special has really gotten to be a chore for me this past year. sigh

DanceyTx - I had the same problem last Saturday. We attended a very formal wedding at Stan Hewitt. I feel fluffy in everything. I have one two piece ankle length dress that I am very comfortable in, but it is a heavy knit. Not good for 84* outdoor wedding.

So, I spent a month searching for a light weight ankle length dress online. I ordered three. They are all made of the "new" rayon. Horrible fabric. Two looked pretty, but shadowed. I am going to return both of them. Not good for outdoors. I wore the third one, but still felt fluffy.

Plus - like you - the shoes are a nightmare. I can't balance in heels anymore, so I have two pair - one white, one black - of 2" wide heels. Which ones should I wear ? And I hate wearing hose !

I finally chose the white shoes because they matched my jewelry.
Nightmare.

Plus, I am a 1960's throwback. I am comfortable in elastic waste denims with a man's t-shirt XL - bra optional - lol ! I also like ankle length denim jumpers.

Next wedding, I'm wearing my denim jumper with white sox and white tennis shoes. That's who I am, and I'm old enough now to pretty much do as I please. Maybe the family will consider me eccentric - like Katherine Hepburn !

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Thanks Merigold and Dancey.
Countrymom- There's always thigh highs instead of full hose.
When I have to wear something more formal out comes the Nancy Ganz body slimmer http://www.bodynancyganz.com/products_1.html
Works wonders sucking everything in.

Myrtle Beach, SC(Zone 8b)

Give me a pair of jeans- or shorts T-Shirt and flip flops and I'm good to go!! Any thing else and I feel fluffy.

Sioux City, IA(Zone 4b)

Hey, per the talk about trying to find something to wear to a wedding...has anyone noticed the lack of pantyhose? I went to a wedding in Colorado a couple years ago and MANY ladies went with bare legs. So I do too now! Boy, does it feel good. :)

merigold - I did see women with bare legs at the wedding. Most of them were young and thin. Short skirts and 3" heels too. No varicose veins. Ah...those were the days !

Midway, TX(Zone 8b)

LOL Countrymom I can sure sympathize! I am who I am and that's all there is to it!! LOL I finally decided to wear a nice pair of pants with a nice long top and my sandals. No hose for this gal! It's way too hot here in my part of Texas. I have some pretty jewelry that matches my outfit. Of course my top has 3/4 length sleeves. I guess I'll try and polish my toe nails. Normally I don't. lol I do a lot of gardening and outdoor work and usually don't do the polish thing.
Hey I like the Katherine Hepburn, eccentric look. :)
All I really care about is that my Grandson knows I'm there to cheer him on with his graduation.

Tc I'm like you. Jeans, tee shirts (always sleeveless here), and sandals. Bra sometimes! Sometimes I wear my sleeveless big shirts with my shorts.
I agree Countrymom. We are 'old' enough now to do as we please. ;)
Lin

Went to a "to do" the other day- put on a pair of panty hose. Got to the function headed straight for the Ladies Room and off they came. I swear I'll never put on another pair the rest of my life!!!

DanceyTx - Good for you ! All your grandson will care about it that you are there - that is what counts.

I have this rather cynical theory - family is just glad to see us, and merchants don't care how we look. Merchants only want to be sure we can pay.

I try to look nice - clean and neat. Fashionable - don't care anymore.

tcinmb - Too funny ! Maybe I'll give up the hose and go with my white tenners and sox next time !

Midway, TX(Zone 8b)

Good for you TC! Throw those old hot things away or better yet use them to tie up some tomatoes or other plants. lol

Country I love your analogy. Family just loves to see us and will take us any old way. Merchants are for sure out for our money I agree with you on that.

Nine times out of ten I go someplace and think I look sort of 'frumpy' and when I get there and take a look around I decide I look pretty darned good after all. lol
Lin

Here's a question?? Are you 45 +? Do you like any of the new 70's retro look ?? Would you dare wear it? Or are you forced in to Alfred Dunner?? Who makes clothes for mature(who are still growing) women ??

This message was edited Aug 7, 2008 9:46 PM

Sioux City, IA(Zone 4b)

I'm 45+ and maybe wear a few of the 70's retro things...taking care not to wear anything "too young looking". I'm not ready for Alfred Dunner.

Midway, TX(Zone 8b)

Oh yes I'm 45 ++++. lol Not much in the retro department for me.
I looked at some of Alfred Dunner's clothes and some of them are pretty cute. I'm definitely not to the point of wearing huge oversized clothes just to cover my fluffiness. ;)

Lin

Ditto - So why don"t they make cute clothes for er uh mature girls??

Midway, TX(Zone 8b)

TC I don't know. I've been wondering that myself for a long time now.
I have to really get out there and hunt for clothes that are complimentary to my mature figure. I do order some things from QVC sometime and have really had good luck so far. I've only had to send back one garment for a size change.

Lin

It is really frustrating for me to go shopping for clothes. I just wear my favorites but they slowly wearing out.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I'm not near 45 but Coldwater Creek has great clothes for the stage before having to shop Alfred Dunner.
http://www.coldwatercreek.com/default.aspx

Midway, TX(Zone 8b)

Flowerjen Coldwater Creek has lovely clothes. Some a bit expensive but very very nice things. I get their catalog and love looking at all the pretty clothes. My oldest dd has ordered from them with much success. I also like their shoes and jewelry.
Lin

Yep, Coldwater Creek has some really nice things but I Iike Dancey find them a little pricey!! I would really rather spend money on plants! lol Tina

Midway, TX(Zone 8b)

Tina me too! lol I do love plants!
Truly I have good luck finding some very cute tops (sporty tops) at Wal Mart. And our little WM store is certainly not a super store. I look every time I go to see what they have and see if anything in my size is on sale.
Lin

Me too!! I'm such a tight wad ( on certain things) !!!

sydney, Australia

Urgh my butt looks like a sack of potatoes but the rest of me is sooooo skiny so i dont wanna go on a diet, any ideas for a nice bum?

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Squats, lunges and walking. Easiest part of your body to get in shape if the rest of you looks good.

Bolivar, TN(Zone 7a)

I don't know about any of you, but I hate, absoultely hate, the clothes they make today with just a hole for your head to poke thru, whether it is a dress, t-shirt, blouse or what. Whatever happened to collars and clothes that were pretty. The crap that is sold today is UGLY. I found a (gasp) polyester dress in a thrift shop (now destroyed) in Biloxi, MS that is A-line, embroideried with flowers around the neck line and has a matching jacket. It fit and it came back to TN with me. Just last yr. I found a tan polyester dress that buttons down the front, has a fitted waist and a belt. It also came home with me. I have received numerous compliments on those 2 dress when I wear them. The A-line I wear in the winter to church and the fitted in the summer time since it has short sleeves. I expect to still have those 2 dresses when I die, but some of the other stuff in my closet is going bye-bye in a few wks. I have decided to pare down, jewelry, clothes and shoes and only keep the things that I like and will wear. Usually in the winter I wear jeans, a t-shirt covered by a flannel shirt. Haband has flannel shirts which are really pretty for women. In the summer I wear capris and a shirt. Gave up wearing a bra yrs. ago, except to church or when we go to a concert, etc. I never had really big boobs, but now they are a nice size and I don't look flat chested when I wear t's or shirts without a bra. Oh yeah, I color cordinated my t-s and flannel shirts, along with match socks. Bought a bunch of jersey skirts in different colors and matching t's for them. They are nice to wear to church or a more dressy occasion.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.