Fibromyalgia & Gardening #2

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

The other thread was getting long and if you were looking for someone's post you had a lot to sort thru. Anyone on dialup will appreciate the new one too as over 100 posts is really long for dial up to download.

We need to remember what we were discussing.

1. Scraps needs prayer for strength for this weekend when they work on the new house. She needs help to whom she can delegate parts of the workload so she doesn't overdo.

2. We are discussing the pros and cons of Lyrica for BB(?).

This is my third day this week on Lyrica and so far I've had less pain and no bad side effects that I can't live with. No swelling of the extremities, lack of cognative functions worse than the normal for me, no excessive sleepiness until late evening by which time I have a right to be sleepy and tired. So I am going to guess at this point in time that Lyrica and I are going to get along. But time will tell and my mind is open on the subject.

I was right about finding the part for the food processor. I did buy a small size salad shooter at the store for $2 which I will keep just because it is the right size for most of my shredding needs. I decided to look one last time in a couple possible drawers before starting the job of cutting that large zuke into pieces small enough to go thru that small salad shooter. Now I have a clean kitchen drawer and the part for the big food processor so I can make those bread/cake in a jar of that big zuke. There is another piece for more blades that I would like to find but for now this one will do.

GOD bless and keep each of you.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Good job, good work, sounds almost TOO productive, lol! I only know where the parts to my food processor are that i use all the time are. The other bells and whistles - gone!

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Hi . I had a time finding this again. I don't know how to, but perhaps a note on the last thread where to find us now...so knowone misses us who is searching..............just a thought.!

Lena, MS(Zone 7b)

Hello everyone, Thanks for the new link and the prayers. I have been praying it would not rain saturday and today the weatherman changed it and said it is not supposed to, so how about that for answered prayers. We shall see. My husband and family have a sawmill and we have been sawing lumber and getting ready for some time now. I am getting so excited. I helped plane lumber today on a planer that was built some time around 1860 or before. Is that not cool. Someone took good care of that piece of equipment or they built them out of better stuff then, nothing last that long now. That planer was out of some very heavy steel and has to be moved from place to place with a tractor. They bought several old sawmills and put together and the planer came with one of them. I just thought it was neat to be using something so old. By the time we planed 100 boards I felt that old.LOL. Good luck with the Lyrica leaflady I am glad it is helping. Have a good evening. Prayers can go out for Stephanie instead of scraps but that is combination of my name anyway. Gentle Hugs to all who are in pain and big old squeeze to those that are not, in return for those prayers I feel them working overtime. I had energetic day again . Sorry I am getting long.

Lena, MS(Zone 7b)

Birdie, I sent you a dmail explaining the name scraps because I did not want to put too much info out in public. I don't want some hacker to steal my identity, this old world can only stand one of me, Not to mention hubby's bank account cannot stand but one person taking money out at a time.LOL.

Scraps - LOL...I just read both your entries and got such a real good deep down belly laugh, that my whole (well not my feet ) body shook!. Your way of expression reminds me so much of my family , but then they were from the midwest..Iowa, ND,MS..so maybe that's why... Woweee......that ancient planer sounds soo cool ...how I would love to be there to cheer you on (I'd be watching, rocking and clapping...but none the less...cheering ya all on !!!.............. .anyway, I'm off to see the "wonderful VA" medical Drs now, so thanks so very much for starting my day with a great big laugh.
I send gentle hugs too , to those in pain and as Grampa used to say "hugs...way round the back" to all you who are not hurting!
-BB

Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

Birdie Blue,
I'm sooo glad the Lyrica seems to be working for you! Hope your trip to the VA drs is positive in every way!

Scraps,
I feel for ya with the new house...we've been in ours just over a year now. The is 12 years old and has had 2 previous owners, but the last ones did some really nice upgrades....hardwood floors, remodeled kitchen with new appliances. The only thing they didn't do was landscaping so we have almost 2 acres of bare land with the exception of a persimmon tree, a cedar tree, 2 ornamental pear trees and a couple of others I don't know what they are. There are 8 small shrubs, I know what they are....just can't think of the name at the moment, in front of the house and a beautiful small red maple tree. I've been doing a lot of gardening and planting more trees and shrubs since we've been here. Indoors we still have to repaint the diningroom, hall, and bedrooms as I don't like the colors. Painting is really difficult for me physically because of all the motion involved, but I love doing it. That will be a fall project for us.

Thanks, Carrie for starting this new thread.

JoAnn

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Scraps, I'm praying that your workday will be clear and cool. Maybe you need some cloud cover to get the cool. But now rain. WOW on that old planer. Yes, they built things to last back then. And last they have. I'm praying too for plenty of help so you don't have to do all the cooking. Using a sawmill, planeing your own wood for the house, that all sounds so exciting. You are really putting a lot of yourselves into that home.

Joann, I'm glad you like your new house. Landscaping is a LOT of work.

I'm just getting up for the morning. I woke up at 6:30 and let the dogs out to potty and went back to bed. I have guests coming tomorrow while I'm at work so I need to get busy and clean off the 2 guest beds. They have become catchalls. I just need to put things away. I'll have to go to town today to get my Parkinson's med refilled. I forgot to take the new card and money down to Kyle last night so he could get it for me.

I'll be close to the WalMart so I may go see if they have any whey protein at this time. They didn't last week. The whey protein at the health food stores is so expensive. I may have to do without it for a few weeks.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh, you're welcome! But I didn't start it, I just put in the link! So nobody else would get lost. ^_^

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Praising GOD for helping me to get up the nerve enough to go attempt to light the LP gas hot water heater. I really need to learn to do more of these things for myself. I just prayed before I went down and it was not difficult at all. I should have really hot water in less than an hour.

Lena, MS(Zone 7b)

Joann, There is so much to be done it is overwhelming to me. Our place was just woods when we started several years ago. We bought 16 and a half acres that connects to my father in laws place and were very lucky to get it. There is no land in area for sale but through a good deed with the family that owned it we managed to get it and we did not know when helping the 85 year old friend what it might lead to. It was land that belong to their daughters ex-husband. But when her dad was down sick and falling my hubby would go pick him up and put back in bed. Hubby is "big" strong carpenter. We went to church with the elder couple and loved them dearly. They told ex-son-in-law about us looking for land and he said ok. It took 5 years to pay for it but Thank God we did it. Meantime we started cutting and sawing and soon we will have a home on it. Also hubby just built his parents one too. So we have had two projects going at once in family. My father-in-law is able to do in side and smaller stuff on his but had to have help on big stuff.So finally it is our turn to stand up walls on saturday. I have been scratching in dirt for years clearing land and I have planted some things up there to multiply and will probably have to move when landscaping time comes. But I wanted to be letting some things multiply so I would have enough. I have a long way to go but the journey has been fun. I wish I could post pictures of yarden as I begin and grow it but do not have camera that connects to computer at this time. Maybe soon.Sorry for getting long again.have a good day everyone.

Frausnow...No, no..I am NOT on Lyrica...would never,never go on it .......until i have heard quite a lot of good reports from people who have been on it long enough to have a good idea of side effects and complications.. There are way too many dreadful possible side effects and complications plainly listed on the patient info. that I have read about. Plus...I hate to tell this , but I have read the following in more than 3 places.. Lyrica was not readily accepted by the "populations" that is was originally intended for...... and the Pharm. Co has been left with an unbelievably huge stock of $ invested in this med,( I mean , we are talking huge financial loss is someone does not strart purchasing Lyrica! just looking for a group to market it to (this was published during the past 2-3 years in a # of different medical studies and journals. So...what group is Desparate for any type of possible glimmer of hope? Aha! Fibro pts! Well, not me! Not this! the patient precautions instruct disposal of leftover meds with nearly as much preautions as chemotherapy...well to me that is apretty eye opening and raises big red flags.. I just will not be a guinea pig. I have trusted Drs too many times in the past and then experienced the side effects or complications of meds, so then was given diff ones to combat those....well I want to lean on THE Great Physician for all that I can, and to do that I must eliminate everything possible that is manufactured medication and not absolutely necessary from my system......ATTN::::I want to be VERy CLEAR THAT i AM NOT SUGGESTING ANYONE FOLLOW MY LEAD!!......I am just trying to be honest with you all because I care and there was at least one person that thought I was actually on Lyrica.....(ROFL----Is this what some call a "soap box"? hehehe,,,pleasse be patient with me. I will support each of you individually in your decisions.............and just thought there were some issues to set strait and perhaps got on my issues with this particular med.......please ignore me totally if you like... in fact, I would tune me out often , If only I could figure out how! ;-)

Lena, MS(Zone 7b)

Birdieblue it was a simple mistake that Frausnow made she thought it was you who was trying Lyrica. She simply wrote the wrong name. It was leaflady who is trying it. I also tried it because I suffer so much I would try just about anything. We fibromyalgia patients get criticized for trying anything to see what will work. But how else would we know, the doctors don't seem to have a clue what we are going through. Nor do they seem to care. I am speaking only on my behalf and from my experience. We just have to try what is offered and go from there. Every patient is different and so the reaction will be also. I will act as the guinea pig if need be to help find something that works or for a cure because my two daughters have it and will need help with it as they get older and pain gets worse.I trust in my Lord to help me find help for my girls. But I felt I should try it for their sake and I could not take it because my feet swelled too bad. I will try the next one until we find help. I just wanted you to know a simple mistake was made, a remark was posted to the wrong name. Have a great day and God Bless and keep you.

Lena, MS(Zone 7b)

hello all, the weatherman said sunshine tomorrow for our building day. AMEN. Thanks to the Good Lord and all the prayers. I have moved several hundred 2x4's today. So keep praying for this old girl. That i can move tomorrow much less cook for the volunteers that are coming to help raise walls on our new home. The old devil will try to keep me down. Some of the flowers that I had planted on houseplace bloomed today after rain several days ago. I did not have time to see what all it was but I thought the drought got them.I can't wait to get this house built so I can go to planting stuff. I will be needing to learn about shade plants because it is in woods except right where house slab was poured. The day will be long and hard tomorrow so I better get to bed. Goodnight and God Bless.

I didn't mean any over reaction...only continued to share my personal feelings from much research on Lyrica. I had no problem with any of it and hope that no one had a problem with what I wrote. But...we each decide how we will react to what others enter. I pray the best for all here and hope for every good moment for each of us. Thanks is given for each moment of strength , endurance and ability to lead even a moment of "normal" life........my 2 cent for 2day!
I am aware, that apparently when I am simply trying to be very clear in what i write, in order to prevent missunderstanding, that some see that as me being ...hmmm...maybe to adament or persistant...it is just the RN in me that wants to to my best to be clear in what I am expressing....so please....grant me grace when it seems that I am perhaps going on about things.
My appt with the VA went much better than usual and I am now off of yet another med, at my request due to side effects.
In many ways, I am blessed to have the VA to go to , especially at no expense to me mor the Drs or Rx's, the down side , though, is that many many of them just seem to "herd us thru" like cattle....and if we the patients don't stay VERY informed about our meds, labs, documentation in our records, etc...........whew..you guys just would not believe the mistakes...
Thruout it all though ...I do give thanks and say ...I am Blessed beyond measure and certainly much more than I deserve.

God Bless you all! and Scraps...I, along with my church will be praying, for good weather, good health, strength, peace, the Lord's presence and guidance... AND FUN this weekend!!!

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I thought Lyrica and I were getting along well until the middle of the 4th day. That was when the extreme weariness and mental fog set in. Even 100 mg. of caffine in pill form couldn't get my mind going for more than about 45 min. So I am back on Gabapentin & my pain pills and feeling much better. Guess I'll just give it up even tho it did manage the pain very well. I had no swelling of the extremities tho. BB, I don't know where you found all the negative research because I didn't find anything like that online. Guess I didn't put in the right words for a search. But each of us reacts differently to a med so what happens to one of us isn't what happens to everyone. I have met many who think Tramadol is a joke for pain and that it puts them to sleep. It works great for me and gives me the energy I need to keep going.

Our foster DD and 2 of her chidren and a neice just left for the St. Louis zoo. They really have a packed weekend planned. I don't know how she does it. She has fibro too. And just had knee arthroscopy a few weeks ago. She has managed to kick nearly all med and is feeling better than she has in years. We both think she had a lot drug interactions.

I'm going to go back to bed. We didn't turn in until 11:30 last night & they woke me up about 4 to say goodbye. I need to work 2 hours at the thrift store today to make up for the 2 hours I took off yesterday to get the stool in the main bathroom unplugged by the roots. To say we will just remove the offending tree is easy. However there are 5 trees and a shrub which could be doing it. The line is old tile laid end to end so it is easy for roots to get in and this summers's weather has caused many new roots to grow. The line is 4' deep and we would have to dig over 30' of it to see which tree(s) are involved. But so far it has cost us 2 $135 plummer bills plus about $55 ot $60 in root killer just this year. They assure me it won't kill the tree. At this point I don't think I care. lol.

GOD be with you, Scaps, as you endeavor to get this house raising done. My prayers and heart are with you & the whole team. Wish I could be there to help you. I would run the food end of things. I'm an experienced restraunt cook, dishwasher, etc. I think it is wonderful you are able to do this with so much wood you have harvested, sawed and planed, etc. yourself. How long do you have to let a board cure before you can use it? Are you treating them for termites and dry rot?

Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

Oh, goodness...sorry leaflady and birdieblue...got your names mixed up! Must be the Fibro...that's my story and I'm sticking to it! LOL!

Birdieblue, if you over reacted no offense was taken on my part. I realize that it's a lot more difficult to express what you are trying to say through the written word and be misinterpreted when you can't see the person's expressions or tone of voice. I seem to have that problem and have had some people tell me I may have come across a bit harsh, negative, or as a know it all. In my mind I'm just trying to get my thoughts across.

Anyway, this morning DH and I, along with 4 other members of our Civitan club went to help build a wheelchair ramp for a lady who just had a stroke. Basically, I was the go-fer. Had to go-fer cement at Lowe's, go-fer drinks, go-fer the cups I forgot fer the drinks...so just taking it easy. I left early cuz I needed to go to the bank before they closed, then just went home. I'm suppose to be working, but I wanted to check in here first.

Grass needs mowing later on today and I'll bet DH will be too tired when he gets home after the ramp is finished. Pray for the lady who had the stroke...she's not doing very well and I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but she may not be using the ramp for long, if at all.

JoAnn

Lena, MS(Zone 7b)

To God Be The Glory!!!!!! by 4pm the guys had walls up and upper joist on there and ready for rafters tomorrow. It was awsome you guys to see them take the stuff we have been sawing and measuring and make a house out of it. I have seen houses built before but have never been so involved. I mean from cutting trees to building.
Leaflady, I think they say about 30 days to dry lumber when this warm but it was longer on most of it because we have been cutting and sawing for some time. Of course, we were building In-laws one also which made it seem much longer to me. They are doing wooden walls throughout but my husband works during the day and does not have time to plane every board for walls. My Father-in-law is retired and has time to plane boards and cut groove in them like tongue and groove. He has done ceilings and walls that way and it is beautiful. However,I will get sheetrock walls and wood trim. But I think that will not get as dusty. Or would be easier to dust anyway. But no matter DH will not have time.
Thanks for all the prayers everyone. We had awsome day. 65 degrees this morning and a breeze all day. Not sure what the temp was but not 100 like we have been having. Perfect weather. You ask and believe and you shall receive. Love you guys have great day on me I owe you one for the prayers.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Perfect, Scraps, just perfect! Hurray!

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Scraps, you will be glad you got the wall boarding, especially if you use bathroom paneling over it. That panelling is washable, has a nice shiney finish and comes in some really lovely patterns. I have it in both dining room and utility room and hope to put it in the hallways within the year. The wood requires so much upkeep even tho it is beautiful. It is in one room of our home. That room is red cedar, floor, ceiling and the woodwork. The rest of the woodwork in the house if red cherry & walnut. All that wood can also make a dark room. Even if you don't panel, at least you will be able to paint the wallboard every few years and have some change. With the wood walls, ceiling & woodwork you are stuck with little change possible without a tremendous amount of work. And the feeling of throwing away a LOT of money.

Lena, MS(Zone 7b)

Hello all, Today was another great day. It was cloudy which made it cooler but rain held off till 20 minutes after the last rafter was put in place. The Lord is so Good to us. Next we will have to get roof on which will be tin and then we can slow down and take our time a while. We have been at a killer pace this weekend. But I have a house now. Friday night it was just concrete slab. Everyone has had a good time and no injuries or problems. I am so Thankful that hard part is done. My hubby was tired and went to bed about 7:30. My fairly new son-in-law was a big help. First time he has been in on one of our big projects and he did a good job fitting in with us old country folk. he ask alot about which uncle did this and that until he figured out who everyone was in family. Several neighbors helped as well and alot of food got cooked and eaten. That is what we southerners like to do best, Get together and eat and laugh alot.Of course, others may do it that way as well but I know the guys around here will work just to eat.LOL. Just wanted to let you all know how things went and thank you for the prayers and well wishes. I have received several sweet dmails wishing us luck and Blessings and I Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I can't wait to get done and get to yardening.LOL.

Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

Scraps,
Do you have a way to post pics of the progress?
JoAnn

Lena, MS(Zone 7b)

Hello Joann, No I don't. My daughter says the cord that connects to computer is broken on her digital camera and i don't have a memory card or whatever for camera on phone and it will not send to computer without it, I have tried. Maybe my oldest daughter can take one saturday on her phone and email it to me, she sends me pictures that way sometimes. I was so busy I did not think to take one last saturday. I am the worst at remembering to take pictures. I always forget on special occassions too. I would get to programs at kids schools when they were younger and realize I had forgotten a camera and get mad at myself for forgetting. The memory was the first thing to go.It rained today and now it is muddy at the houseplace so we could not do anything much up there today. It is going to be a simple hip roof, board and batton, Three bedroom home. Nothing fancy but we have been saving for so long it is a dream come true for us. I almost did not leave enough room for a big kitchen table because I wanted a walk in pantry like one in a house my mom lived in once. I may get him to do a built in bench on one wall and push table over until all the kids and grandkids are there or company comes etc. That is the only thing I am worried about with the plan we used. we altered one that my husband built on his job. I went through all the plans he had in truck and found one we could use and just changed a few things. I wanted the master bedroom on one side and the girls room on the other because the yougest is highschool senior and will soon be off to college. Then we want have to keep as warm or as cool. Then in the middle we have living room, dining room and kitchen. So it is not a huge affair about 1600 square feet I think. But when you have trouble with pain when sweeping and mopping that is plenty. I just sat this morning and looked at it from a distance. It sets back behind two huge oak trees and I have always dreamed of a house surrounded with trees and now it is happening. This fall when I am complaining about raking leaves you guys can remind me of this. Getting sleepy so have a good night. Steph

Praise the Lord....What a story..saving, planning, cutting and preparing your own wood...WOW!!! God is faithful and good!
I am so very happy for you. Does, er will it have a porch? Somehow I picture a wrap porch. Oh how I give praise for the help of family and friends........good.......no ...make that Great weather, and on and on.
Rest well Dear Steph, rest well.
--Sheri

Lena, MS(Zone 7b)

Hey Sheri, Yes it has a porch but not a wrap around one. It has a small front porch (about 5 by 6 ft.) that will face the two big oak trees and on the back we added a 20 foot square porch that we can use as carport when it ices up etc. which is rare here anyway. We were trying to get the most out of our money and use a plan that he had built for the company he works for. Because we would not have to buy the plan which saved money. We had a few demands each that had to be considered and we finally settled on this plan. He "had" to have a hip roof. It is easier to take care of in old age he says because you don't have the high places on the ends to paint etc. He likes building them better also. So that was his top priority. Mine was a split bedroom so when kids are no longer there all the time we can close that side and not heat, cool, or clean as often. Then I wanted him to have easy access to laundry room and bathroom because he comes in dirty and tracks in mud. So you can see there were alot of things to consider. We wanted wrap around but could not afford it really. We did the back porch which can be closed in later or added on to easily. I know we will find things we wish we had done differently but I really talked things through with him, I have moved around a good bit and lived in more houses than him and had alot of ideas about things I liked about certain plans. Who knew it would be so hard to find a plan that would suit us both. Growing up I wanted to have a barn shaped house and he hated that idea. It has been raining all day today so I Thank God we got our work done before it started but now the rafters and walls are getting wet. I hope it does not warp or anything. TTYL. Steph

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I always wanted to have a house built to my specs. Remember b>

Lena, MS(Zone 7b)

carrie, I am not good at computer lingo what is b>

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh Lordy, Steph, I have NO IDEA what I meant to say. That is a fragment of HTML code, like maybe I said stay strong, but the code for that is < b > stay strong < / b > only without spaces. I don't do preview as often as I should!

ROFL..
carriel...I'm with Steph as far as puter lingo...I don't even understand your answer, which ...I find hilarious(my lack of understanding, not your answer that is!)
Steph...you really did think things thru and did some incredible planning....I am so impressed and so very excited for you.
I will be praying for continued good weather for the completion of the house. Perhaps this was our Lord giving you and DH a rest break.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Do you want me to try to explain, or shall we just leave it at that?

When I said "Remember b>" I didn't finish saying whatever it was I was going to say.

HTML codes are to underline, bold, italicize and so forth.

As long as everyone found it funny, I think it achieved its desired purpose.^_^

actually, I have always been very curious about what "HTML" is and now, what HTML codes are.............so if you want to give a shot at explaining it, I would be very interested and find it fascinating (you may dmail me directly, if you like, since everyone may not be interested..but perhaps others would be too, soo.....) I really would like to understand my puter better, but I ..ummm..just don't get it! I'm told that what I need is a 12 year old! LOL
--Sheri

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/dgfaq/all/
Try some of these threads, or I'd be happy to explain via mail~

Lena, MS(Zone 7b)

Hello all, My mom always said if you don't ask how are you going to get an answer. So I ask. I did not understand answer except she did not finish her thought. That is good enough for me. You may finish your thought now Carrie for us computer dummies. LOL. I do not even know how to type so I have a long way to go in learning computer stuff. However, I am busy learning about building a house with the least amount of money. I do not have time for a computer course. I do good to get mine on DG. After house will come landscaping on budget so be ready ladies I will have lots of questions on that topic. Gotta get to bed. TTYL .

Hey all...I just found a really neat site about raised gardening....seated, wheel chair, bedside, etc...It is "Square Foot Gardening", and there is an official site. I found it while Googling raised bed gardening. I f this blesses just 1 person, then I am very glad that I found it.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Please visit my n - e - w thread at http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/890417/
Thanks!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Not sure I belong here after all. Sorry I should have read all the previous posts more clearly before posting.

This message was edited Aug 16, 2008 3:47 PM

Lena, MS(Zone 7b)

Welcome Jules, I am so sorry to hear that there is someone else suffering with something even remotely similar to fibro. We can never be sure when looking at someone what they may be suffering on the inside. I think sometimes if it were a physical deformity that was gross maybe we would get some compassion. I do not want pity but kindness and understanding, and not to be made feel lazy. I have a sister in law that makes comments when she is around me about people getting out and being active and taking better care of ones self . I wish she had to drag this ball and chain called fibro around for a day. I would not wish it on someone permanently but I wish I could say "here it is"and hand it off to her for a day. That may sound petty but hey I have to dream,LOL. I hope you enjoy the thread I started it looking for people who suffer and love flowers. Hoping maybe we might share some compassion and hope maybe a flower or two someday. God Bless. I need to get outside and work.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Jules, UGH! Sounds like NO FUN for you. Welcome to our merry band! I can't imagine such pain. I'm such a baby, if I can't have my Topamax and Gabapentin and Tramadol and Klonazepam and Tizanidine . . . I won't play!

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Jules, being an LPN I am naturally curious about nearly anything medical. Especially if it involves something like what I have or my DH had. He had diabetic neuropathy as well as arthritis. Almost nothing helped his pain. So I have read some articles about this RSD. I will keep you in my prayers. I think at this time that the GREAT PHYSICAN is the only physican who can really do you much good.

Our quiet little community has had some excitement today. A couple stole some diesel fuel and put it in their gas only vehicle. The law has one in custody that I know of but as far as I know the other one is still loose. He has warrents out for him already and is considered dangerous. I have black plastic bags over the bottom half of windows he could look thru and both pistols loaded and handy as well as the phone handset. My dogs are not worth much as watchdogs.

GOD bless and keep each of you. Remember that a positive attitude & positive speech are 2 of the most powerful medicines you will ever have available to you.

Yep...It is a real drag...;I carrie a Rx page in my wallet where my orthopedic doc (who does my q6 month knee injections) wrote a few years ago for me (cause, I didn't want to forget what he'd just told me that I reall had)..."RSD" "Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy" , "Chronic pain Syndrome"............well I have shown that to many Drs ...(mostly VA-- again, the "wonderful VA"...............not a single one of them have acted interested nor I now know, even bothered to enter it into my chart. I too have a dismal report of "encouragement" and that is that per my eperience (mind all....this is My experience only that I speak of) we need to be our own best advocate and also ,to a certain extent, our own MD....in that, if we don't keep up with the new info available on our systems, symptoms and dissorders........no one else out there will...........Daylily - your pain sounds worse than mine, but then I don't work, don't do housework, really do nothing to speak of but watch my birds. Pretend to garden (really , I am watchings many things die in their little pots cause of the lack of energy or low pain days to get anything to speak of planted.....The best thing I can do is to focus on Jesus and learning of the true blessings that are one day in store for me. People shun me after seeing "no change in my lazy pattern "..."after all - it's been 4 years now and her house is still a wreck"(as if I would choose to live this way!) - so many think that since I don't walk around in tears all scrouched in unbearable pain that I must be making it up...well when you live at a 8-10 pain level for 10 + years, those "dramatics" are reserved for things like horrible accidents, surgery without anesthesia, etc...............Do I sound discouraged? Well, right now...yes I am having an all out cry and very weary after this, my 2nd night of little to no sleep.....but "she's just lazy.....or we'ed see a change"........guess so!
........Thanks friends, for being there for me to sound off like this to....there is no one else that might possible read this and understand....................I'm just doggone wearry of the entire business........at 57, I wonder often: how much longer? ..........
Oh Sheri.get up off that pity pot! NOW!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.