North Texas Fall Round Up, Saturday October 18th 2008.

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Hello Everyone!!! I hope everyone can make it. Let us have fun Visiting, Sharing, and Eating!!!!

O.K. Everybody, the park is reserved and the fee paid, so it is ours.
The rules are no alcohol and no electric appliances.
The rental fee is $100.00. We will divide the cost among the members, the amount will depend on how many members attend. Usually less than $5.00. Guests,spouses, and children do not pay.
There will be a table for name tags and signing in as you arrive and you can pay your share at that time.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please bring a small item per person in your party, for the door prizes, it can be a book or a small garden tool, just a small item or maybe a plant, but something not gender specific, and not expensive.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date--- Saturday October 18th
Time---12 Noon till? We like to start later to give people from out of town a chance to be on time.
Place--- The Pavilion at Randol Mill Park, Arlington, Texas.
http://www.ci.arlington.tx.us/park/rentals_parkpavilions_randolmill.html
Map to the Park,
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=randol%20mill%20park,%20randol%20mill%20road,%20arlington,%20texas&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=57.686251,97.207031&ie=UTF8&om=1&ll=32.757541,-97.13768&spn=0.485056,0.75943&z=10
A closer view.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&datewww=&ttype=&q=randol%20mill%20park,%20randol%20mill%20road,%20arlington,%20texas&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=57.686251,97.207031&ie=UTF8&om=1&ll=32.757541,-97.13768&spn=0.485056,0.75943&z=10
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Directions to the Park from I30
From I30 take the Fielder Road exit and go south to Randol Mill.
Turn right onto Randol Mill, the second light is the entrance to the park.
Directions to the Park from I20
From I20 take the Bowen road exit and go north to Pioneer parkway, turn right and go to Fielder road, that is the next light, turn left on fielder and go north on Fielder to Randol Mill road, turn left at Randol Mill, the second light is the entrance to the park.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope lots of people can make it, it is always a pleasure seeing all of you again, and also meeting new friends for the first time. Please post here to let us know if you can attend.
Looking forward to seeing you, your friend,
Josephine.

O.K. Everybody,Here is the link to the Trade Thread;
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/892765/

This message was edited Oct 16, 2008 10:15 AM

Rowlett, TX(Zone 8a)

I am planning on being there, along with my DD, Sandy

North Richland Hills, TX(Zone 8a)

Count me and DH in! Looking forward to my first RU!!!!

Jennifer

Great !! I hope I didn't sound repetitious in the head post, but I wanted to make things clear for those who are new at it. I look forward to seeing you Earthling and Jennifer.
Josephine.

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

Me too Josephine!! I'll be bringing my cousin with me if that is alright... Since I will be coming by myself to this one I will appreciate the company on the long drive.. I hope that is ok!!
Can't wait to see you again!!

Becky

That is just fine Becky, looking forward to seeing you and your cousin.
Josephine.

Midwest City, OK(Zone 7b)

Me, too! Just one person this time. I am so excited. Thanks! Peg

Hello Peg, how neat that you will be able to make it !!!
Mitch, MitchF and Ted, TARogers, are coming from Oklahoma as well.
Maybe you guys can meet at a certain point and ride to the swap together.
Josephine.

Grapevine, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm going to try to make it, most likely with my wife and daughter.

Dennis

Excellent! It will be good to see you again.
Josephine.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm planning on being there with DH this year!

Fort Worth , TX(Zone 8b)

This sounds fun. I look forward to meeting you all.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi Josephine....
Looking forward to seeing you and the others again. Becki

Wow! Things are really warming up. Looking forward to seeing you all, Stephanie, Nlaw, and Becki.
Josephine.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I wouldn't miss it!

Dallas, TX

WHAT ABOUT FOOD?!!!!

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

LOL

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

I will be there! Probably no DH this time.

We will talk about food later, but no cooking this time, it was too hard and the people cooking didin,t get to have much fun, so it will be pot luck.

Waxahachie, TX(Zone 8a)

We will definately be there! Thank God for this glorious rain! I came outside this morning and all my plants were singing in the rain, just singing in the rain! The drought had me and them down and out, but now we're revived!

Becki, remind me to bring your dishes back to you from the Waxahachie swap.

Seguin, TX(Zone 8b)

I'm definitely planning on being there, and hopefully my parents will be too.

:) Kim

Grand Prairie, TX

I'm afraid I won't be able to make it as I have music students on Saturday afternoons. Y'all have fun!
Mary Wykes
Grand Prairie

Mary, I am sorry you won't be able to attend, maybe next year.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
T.J. yes the rain was great, but our electric went out at 6.00 this morning, and we just got it back, so I need to catch up.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kim, I am glad you and your parents will be able to come, it is always a pleasure.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pattie, I am glad you can make it, you are such a sweetie.

Josephine.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi TJ !!
Not worried about the dishes,I keep some around for thngs like this,unless you're bringing some of that bbq I heard about. :)

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

Josephine, I could be wrong, but I think that the link you posted at the top of this thread with the google maps location of the park was so long that it messed up the margins of this thread. I don't know if deleting the link would fix the margins or not.

Robert and I hope to be there. It is always a good day for us when we get to visit with our DG friends!

Patricia

Hello Pat, so glad you are coming. I don't know what you are seeing, but but I am not having trouble with the tread margin, is anyone having trouble?
Josephine,

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

No, it is fine here. I do know what you are talking about though Pat. It does that ever now and again.
Hope you and Robert do make it in Oct. It will be good to see you again.

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

I must have my print size set larger than you because the right margin is way off the screen and I have to scroll over to read it. I'll just shrink the print size to read this thread! Problem solved.

I am hoping to start some cuttings this week while we have a break from the hot, dry weather. Thinking about the fall RU's sure helps me get through the latter part of the summer when it's just too hot to enjoy being outside. I hope all of you who need rain get some this week!

Yes, we got about an inch, which was a real blessing.

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

I was shocked to have about an inch and a third in my rain gauge. I had no idea we had gotten that much rain because I slept right through it. I am happy to say that with that and the 4/5ths an inch a few days before, my rain barrels are almost full again. :)

It was so nice and cool this morning too. It felt like the middle of September not the middle of August. Of course the middle of July felt like the middle of August... :)

Yes, the cooler temperatures are a wonderful break.

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

I was gone to S.A. most of last week, but it looks like we got an inch while we were gone. Then we got 2 more Friday night. Boy, did we need it. With showers all around us, we have had NOT A DROP at my house since the early part of June.

I also made a list of the things I can share today. It's a good time to get some things started, before the temps climb back up. Josephine, when will we start a trade thread? I have some things that I'm only going to start on request.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Pat... You may have increased the screen by using the control key and hitting the + sign. You can use them to zoom in and out I have found out.

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

That's exactly what I had done, Sheila, and it's fine for all the other threads I have been following, but not for this one. Last night I mistakenly assumed everyone was having to scroll over like I was to read it. One time on another thread Terry explained what caused the wide margins, and I found one very long link up near the top on this one. It could be the long series of hyphens used to separate parts of some posts too. I just use Control and the - sign when I want to read this thread. It's an easy solution for me!

A cool day! It has been wonderful and there is still more rain on the radar and a few more cooler days in the forecast.

This message was edited Aug 16, 2008 7:04 PM

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Yes we had an inch on Thursday and it was so nice! We have had very little since June. When others were getting showers around the area it always passed us up. Our water bill was $425 this month! But I am not going to let what I have had two back surgeries for die! LOL!

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

We had a well drilled last fall and have a good supply of water, but running the pump does add to the electric bill. Robert pays the bill, and I don't ask questions. It is hopeful that will be able to get one cutting of hay. We have downsized severely, but we still have cattle to feed this coming winter. Reminds me of a mush of two songs from my youth, "When will they ever learn? The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind." Today at least it was a cool wind!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow Sheila,I feel grateful for my water bill now.....
I bet yours are looking good though,hope you back is better.
We got about an inch and a half the last couple of days,much needed,things look happier now.

Seguin, TX(Zone 8b)

Nothing here yet this week....I am hoping something hits us the next couple days.

Pattie, I will start a trade thread soon.
Josephine.

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Josephine. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.