Whooo Hoooo I Have a Couple!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Sorry to be so excited but after the DBCS fiasco and then having to competely disbud most of the remainders just to try to have tubers develop, I'm doing a dance of joy. I only have a few that I really trust (other than borders) that I'm letting go to flower. I've just got to share my happy feets ^_^ 'Ferncliff Cameo'

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

'Twilight Time' courtesy of Jo North (Grow_Jo) who brought it over for me to have this summer when I was heartbroken by DBCS. I think this a keeper. This is a 3 day old bloom and keeping its colour really nicely IMHO.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
West Caldwell, NJ(Zone 6b)

Two great ones! I had not thought about a relation between flowers and tuber production. I thought lots of phosphorus would make both, I guess then it all goes to the tubers.

Delhi, IA

Nice dahlianut. How is Damian doing?

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

F. Cameo looks great, I liked Twilight Time - it really put out the flowers, mine is on life support and might not flower this year ;(.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Beautiful, Dahlianut. Glad you get to see a few blooms after a rugged start. I'm a sucker for just about anything lavender and white regardless of form or size. Twighlight Time looks great.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

yupper Todgor hoping they focus on tubers.
o dear Bigcityal. Funny how some years some do well and others not.
Jam there is presently a discussion on the RM forum about creating a 'Hades Bed" with plants that have names that have something to do with the devil or 'h e double l'. I have offered to send Damien as a donation as he will fit right in. I wonder why there are no takers? ^_^

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

This is interesting. Came from a group of border mignons.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

From the same mix I like this red.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

All so beautiful Dahlianut!!! I really like the border mignons yellow one, it's great!

Delhi, IA

Great yellow dahlianut.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

I agree: like the yellow variegated one. When you say 'from a group,' were they seeds?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

No a bag of 10 "striped" border mignon tubers. I usually buy a couple of bags each spring. You never know what you're going to get and I like the surprise. I only dig up and store the ones I like.

edit: typs galore sigh

This message was edited Aug 22, 2008 8:37 AM

I hate to say it, but I just have to - if you made one of those dahlia recipes of the tubers, would they be filet mignon? :)

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Funny, Tod!

Great dahlias, dahlianut! I like the yellow variegated one also.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Tod, between you and Al, this forum is chockful of smiles and wit and beautiful flowers! Thanks for the chuckle. Filet mignon....

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

snort

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

A cool new NOID. In the Pooch/Al tradition I should probably call it a DN-DBCSS-OR/Y but in the dahlianut tradition I will call it 'Sunsavior' ^_^ (totally just kiddin cuz its not a seedling).

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Oh that's a yummy one! Gorgeous colors.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Tuber has your name on it JN.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Al's and my cryptic names are not for seedlings Dnut, they're for 'dahlias that were supposed to be, but changed IDs along the way.' Who cares as long as they turn out a bloom? Which reminds me: SVBW is blooming in droves too!

I love the colors on Sunsavior! Even though they smack of autumn-just-around-the-bend, they are lovely.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Woo hoo! Thanks DN! I've already got visions of next year's dahlias dancing in my head. I must get some of those bad-hair-day types everyone's been posting. I love them.

Joanne

Fantastic, Dnut! Those colors are great.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

JN I see combo 3for deals in our future ^_^ Lets smooze before the orders go out.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

'Caribbean Fantasy' not fully open but I luv it already. This one is sure all over the map colour-wise if you check PF and the net.

Thumbnail by dahlianut

Too beautiful for words!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Oh that's so cool!! Where'd ya get that one from DN?

Always liked that one! But I feel its staring at me.... :)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Greengate JN.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Bright and beautiful, Dnut. I remember Caribbean Fantasy photos on another site that showed how all-over-the-map the colors can be- very intriguing variations; like a box of chocolates.... So pretty with the rudbeckia in back. I hope you still get to show us a few more the evil cat sitter didn't slay :(

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I have many buds waiting to open. We went through a cool spell but its warming up again so hope to have more blooms now. Some of the ones that I completely disbudded due to their struggles have new buds now and are looking much healthier. You just can't keep a good dahlia down can ya? ^_^

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

'Sunsaviour' today. Remember I made up that name for a NOID.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Purrrrrdy! Love the bright orange. Ditto on the buds. The heat has been here the past couple days: yesterday no sweatshirt! 70 balmy degrees. It was like a Caribbean vacation for a change. We may get to see some of those buds yet.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

WOW that Sunsaviour NOID is sunningly beautiful!!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Oh, totally yummers!!!

Like the orange and yellow motif!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I like Sunsavior - reminds me of a mix between Procyon and Akita?

Pooch - I somehow lost my SVBW so should hit you up for one.

Names are names - I like short ones because they are easier to write on the tubers ;)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

'Caribbean Fantasy' fully open.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Even more lovely fully open. From Greengate, eh? I see I shall be visiting them in the spring. :)

Ya know, come to think of it, that's where I got the Sunshine tuber...

Joanne

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Wow on that latest Caribbean Fant. Knockout colors.

Al, two SVBWs are going gangbusters and I'll gladly reserve one or two for you. It's almost solid lavender this year, vs white/lav the first year. Really a nice cutter.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.