North Central Texas Fall Roundup Trade Thread.

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Beck, about the pup. I don't want to say too much, but I'll give you a big hint. Its name is June. Beyond that, my lips are sealed. :)

When we talked about hostas, I don't think I knew what all I had at that point. When I got home and looked around, Antioch was the nicest I found that I know will do okay in your climate. But, if you already have it, I'll find another that you don't have. I thought about dividing my September Sun, one of my faves. But it really struggles in the heat and looks diseased right about now, before it bounces back next month. I'm not sure it will recover south of here.

Are there any in particular that you want? Let me look around again.

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

Patty...I really don't know which hosta is good in my climate... I am actually almost zone 9.. I was reading Sylvias thread where you said the one I gave you could take some sun..LOL.. not here... I would love some of the really big hostas... sum and substance comes to mind.. just don't know if they will do well here..well at least we won't have to guess the sex of the "puppy"..lol all I KNOW is... Barb better show!!

I edited my trade list last night late.. just forgot to tell ya'll... I am closer to the top..

Going to Houston for Dr. appts. so will be MIA all day!

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Becky, may i have your little Dogwood tree, Please?
I'll come up with something to post shortly.
Josephine.

Grand Saline, TX(Zone 7b)

Awww, look at sweet Sara! She looks like such a puppy in that photo. I need to get you photo's, Patricia. She's grown into such a beautiful young lady! She even barks at me now when I'm visiting Mom. I just laugh, roll my eyes and tell she was my Mom first.lol

Pattie, Thanks for thinking of me, but don't worry about the lily. I'm almost certain it's the same as the one I have. I've a nice blue agastache, just don't know the cultivar, does it have to be "blue fortune"? If not, let me know and I'll bring you some.

I need some help too. I noticed Annette_M's photo of porterweed and it reminded me that I got a gorgeous coral colored one this Spring. It's only hardy to zone 8. If I can get cuttings to root will somebody take some of these and let me get cuttings back next Spring? And any tips on how to root them?

Wow Tanarae, that is quite a list, do you own a nursery?

Granbury, TX(Zone 8a)

Yes, I have a very small nursery in Granbury. I only listed what I have plenty of, lol. Don't know how much I will trade for on here but I may pull some of it out to see how much will actually fit in my truck, lol. Just tried to list some stuff people might like to trade for.
Tanarae

Well, I could use Esperanza and Coreopsis, but I don't know if I have anything big enough to trade, I will post my list soon.
Josephine.

I am back .. finally.. it's been a long day!!

Josephine.. I'll put your name on the dogwood.. and I'd like for you to dmail me and let me know what I need to go back to the woods for you..LOL

Dennis.. I have the rain lily bulbs, and I can get you 2 different woods ferns... I forget the name.. sorry

Tannerae...I would love to trade for your spengerii fern, caladiums, and ANY of your DLS... DLS are one of my loves this year..LOL

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

Tanarae, I have named daylilies to trade for others, but most of mine will be single fans. I also have named tall bearded irises. I am interested in your 2 chinese fringe flowers, loropetalums, as well.

Dallas, TX

Sheila thanks for remembering me. (Maynight)
Patti I forget all about that Villosa, I guess I can share it. ;) Patti I want some Nepeta for Sara and Sedrick
Becky you had something up there I wanted ... Flowering Quince shrub, Dinner plate
Becky was that you who wanted the Oxalis(purple) Reginelli
Tanarae ... Heloborus
I am going to work on my list saturday

I am trying to root some stuff too :(

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Sylvia, got you for catmint. Also for that big Hot Lips salvia that you liked. You still want it, right? Please don't forget that I want your Parky's Prize. :)

Tanarae, could I please have one of your hellebores too? Please check and see if I have anything you can use.

Becky, can you do coleus cuttings for me? You know nobody is allowed to have a coleus that I don't have. Do you want any of mine? Also, if you find an extra iris tuber or bulb or whatever they are, I'd like to put one of yours in the same place I'm going to put Patricia's. That goes for anyone who has irises, by the way.

Patricia, just wanted to let you know... I am about to correct my coleus list so that it doesn't include Red Roof. I have this coleus that LOOKS like Red Roof, but the person who shared it with me marked it Trailing Red. So I don't know which it is, but it's pretty and I cut one for you. I also forgot to include Pink Chaos on my list, so I cut one of those for you too.

Josephine & Kim... I looked at the gold columbines over at my parents' house today, and I'm sorry to say that they really are in no shape to dig up. If they come back by October I may be able to get some, but honestly, they don't look to me like they can recover. Heat damage, I guess. I only have the one here at my house, and it didn't bloom this year so I don't even have seeds. The gold columbines may have to wait until next year. I do have seeds from the red and blue ones here, but they're not native.

Carrollton, TX(Zone 8a)

My tradelist: http://davesgarden.com/community/trading/list.php?list=have&member=Kittylover

trades spoken for
Liriope - Becky
banana pups - Becky, blue eyes
black magic elephant ears - patrob, banana 18
black pearl ornamental pepper - Tanarae, banana 18
White hardy hibiscus w/ fucshia center - patrob
Pink hardy hibiscus - frostweed
Tropicanna canna - jenepat, blue eyes,1_Lucky_Texan
Pineapple sage - merpeg, TxLizzy
Black Prince Angelonia -charlene

receiving from

Becky - Christmas Cactus, Bee Balm
patrob - Indigo Spires Salvia, Red Stripe Canna
jenepat - caesalpinia gilliesi - birds of paradise seeds
merpeg - morning glory midnight seeds
blue eyes - Elephant ears, passionflora incense
banana 18- chives
frostweed - 2 snail vines
pbtxlady - butterfly bush
TxLizzy - Flame Acanthus
Charlene - Purple verbena
Tanarae -kniphofia - red hot poker plant
1_Lucky_Texan - white plumeria

This message was edited Sep 12, 2008 9:53 AM

Carrollton, TX(Zone 8a)

Becky - can I have Christmas cactus for banana? What size pup you want?

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I will be there! Not sure what I will have to trade...
pbtxlady, Can I have cuttings of Tuscan Sun, and a Mystic Spires Salvia?
and Tanarae, both of the Queen Salvias??

I will work on my list, and have it on here sometime this week end.

Pattie, don't worry about the columbine, it has been so hot, and if your father wasn't able to water, they probably expired.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Josephine & Kim~I have some Texas Gold Columbine seeds. I can try to start some for you and/or bring some seeds if you're interested.

Also Josephine~I have 2 types of Coreopsis seeds, Early Sunrise & Bigflower. Again, I can try to plant them for you or bring seeds. LMK!

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh, yeah, I have some seeds from coreopsis Moonbeam, if anyone is interested. I'll add that to the list.

Melva, I'll bring you the Tuscan Sun and Mystic Spires. I also told you I'd bring a division of your clock vine if you need it. Mine hasn't grown into a vine, but the clump is big enough to divide.

Josephine, I just don't know what happened with the columbines. The last time I saw them they were everywhere, and big and full. Some are on a drip system, so it wasn't JUST lack of water, but they're all half-dead. I really hope they'll recover.

Hello Stephanie, if you can get some Columbines started that would be great!!
Thank you very much.
Josephine.

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Josephine, I have your tree here that someone brought you at the Jacksonville RU. What kind of tree is that? It's really pretty. I don't have room for more trees right now, but I'd like to keep it in mind for when I do.

Grapevine, TX(Zone 8a)

Becky, the rain lilies and ferns would be great!

Is there anything you are looking for?

Dennis

Promised stuff: If I fogot anything, please let me know

bronc, wild onion bulbs, feverfew seeds, allium azureum
melva, peggy martin, snowball, bog sage, asiatic bulbs
banAnna, quince, BJack sedum, feverfew seeds
Pbtx, cashmere bouquet, blue delight, scullcap, pulmonaria, cut leaf rudbeckia, stargazer
Sheila, bog sage
Stephnie, scullcap, creeping phlox
Merpeg, cashmere bouquet
buckeye seeds, Dennis, tanarae
blk footed daisies, kim
Deb, whatever extras I can dig for her

This message was edited Oct 13, 2008 9:36 AM

Seguin, TX(Zone 8b)

That would be great Stephanie...thanks!

Tanarae, could I please have a salvia "Rose Queen"? I will have my list up soon.

:) Kim

hey everyone!!
Patty.. LOL I am right there with you..lolI like everything I see.. I'll start somecuttings of the coleus.. I have some more I don't know the names of.. I'll start them too and see if I can look up the "names" for ya'll
Sylvia.. got you down too!! Still have to take that pic..lol maybe today..
Dennis.. got you down too.. since I am fairly new to flowers, all these names confuse me ..lol.. but I haven't met a plant I don't like.. I'll check your list again!
kittylover...great!! Any size banana that you can bring will be fine with me!

Granbury, TX(Zone 8a)

Well dummy me didn't realize there was a per day limit on editing your posts so Melvatoo I will post your salvias on my list tomorrow. Thanks Tanarae

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Cocoa,
Can I have some Bog Sage, please??

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Haves...
Turks Cap think there are 10 of them
Tansy
Lemon Balm
Monarda.... pbtxlady...there are more..Becky wants one too..done!and Charlene?
Sweet Autumn Clematis
Malva zebrina....lots of them..Becky is down for one, and Charlene too...
Mimosa, they are very small, Now! ...
Tansy
I have lots of Iris..don't know what color they are
Rose of Sharon, they are single but not sure of the color
Native Plum Tree there are a lot but not sure if I can sucessfully transplant them..I have 1 that came up, in a barrel. The Plum Tree died. darn thing!
edited to add to my list, Black Adder Agastache i plant and I just started a number of cuttings if they roor, they are up for grabs...
Garlic Chive seeds
Mexican Tarragon cuttings...just started, but if they root...there are 8 of them.
Bush Basil Plant
Cinnamon Basil there are 1 of each of them.

Wants
Desert Willow
salvias that I don't have, which is most of them

This message was edited Aug 22, 2008 5:14 PM

This message was edited Aug 22, 2008 9:34 PM

This message was edited Aug 23, 2008 10:58 PM

This message was edited Aug 28, 2008 9:51 PM

This message was edited Aug 30, 2008 3:03 PM

This message was edited Sep 20, 2008 4:05 PM

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Melva, what color is your monarda?

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Cocoa, that clerodendrum is gorgeous! Can you tell me about it? Is it a thug, and does it die back in the winter? I'm looking for something to replace my photinias that are going away in the spring.

Melva, I'll put you down for bog sage.

Pattie, it's a thug.lol I keep it in check by having it planted in really deep shade where nothing else will grow and it still spreads by runners. Not evergreen here, may be in zone 8, don't know.

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

The Monarda is purple.

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Hmmm. Well, I guess that won't work for the side of my house--I'd never be able to keep it in check. Maybe you could bring me a little one that I could pot up?

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Will do...one Monarda coming up!

Melvatoo...
I would love some of you malva zebrina and monarda.. please... Take a look on my list to see if we can make a trade..TY

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm getting confused with two trade threads and lots of people attending both fall RU's. October is going to be a lot of fun if I can keep myself organized!

Pattie, that's fine on the coleuses. Maybe I have some you don't have. I'll be adding several to my list as soon as it looks like the cuttings I stuck this week are going to make it.

Lynea, I still have lots of irises for you and will bring them to one of the RU's. October is a perfect time to dig and divide irises in Texas. We had hoped to travel to East Texas this summer, but it just didn't happen.

Kittylover, could I get a couple of your Black Magic EE's and a start of your hardy hibiscus, white with fuchsia center? Please look at my list and see if there are plants you would like. I'll be adding more too before the RU.

Patricia... I too am confused..LOL I have to really keep my mind on which RU thread I am on!

Hello Everybody, I forgot who needed the Fig tree from me, I thin it is Phyllis but i am not sure,
Please let me know, I also have an extra one for trade.
Josephine.

ha! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I show up in the right town on the right date:0)

Patricia, Your iris will mean so much too me. Not just because they're iris, but I hold you 100 percent responsible for my iris addiction.lol I will cherish them and think of you :0)

Yes, having these Roundups so close is really a problem, we will have to do better next year.
Josephine.

Your doing doing a fine job, Josephine. I'm just joking, not complaining. I live in a constant state of confusion, but that's because of all the kids and pets and my DH, not round ups.lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.