North Central Texas Fall Roundup Trade Thread.

Carrollton, TX(Zone 8a)

Sheila - I dunno maybe - tooted is better - ya just never know what we might be up to hehe

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

Sheila...LOL.. don't ya hate those typos??

I will Phyllis... I am hoping it's something"special"..LOL but with my luck it won't be!!

Grapevine, TX(Zone 8a)

Sounds great, Josephine! Does your bee brush handle the winters around here well?

It is exciting to find plants that are so impossible to find in nurseries!

Dennis

Midwest City, OK(Zone 7b)

Pattie, last name "unpronoucable,

I would like a few coleus if you could part with them. I don't really have anything to trade with you, so I don't know how to do this. But, I have a new bed started under a pine tree for next year, and was going to do coleus. I have "Lava" and love it, but my main 10-year coleus bed was history last year after a major ice storm. I had different ones from anybody around here, but until I got to DG, I never thought about their names, they were just unusual coleuses that I bought. I'm such a newbie! I have no idea what I had, but I lost every one. So what do you want to trade?, my first-born is 30, and I do not want a Pyrenese :)) Even if her name is June!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

peg...I don't have coleus, but you definately need to come and you will go home with something I am sure.
TARogers is one of our regular attendants to our Arlington - N TX swap every year. He is from OK and raises coleus among other things.

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Peg, I'll be glad to start you some coleus. LOL--the only reason I know their names is that I ordered them from NC Farms last spring. Before that, I've always just bought the ones I liked and didn't even know people tried to name them.

Anyway, don't worry about a trade! I love plant sharing. If I have something that I like, and someone wants it, I'm just glad to find someone else who will enjoy it. Besides, I just landscaped one whole side of my yard with things others have given me. It's so much fun to walk through there and think of the person who shared that plant. Adds a whole new dimension to gardening.

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

No, Beck, I've never seen anything like your corn stalk (LOL). I think there are several folks here who grow hostas--maybe someone else has seen it.

I'd still swear that your second photo is u. albo. They look just like mine. But neither picture looks at all like the hosta I got from you in Jacksonville. Very strange!

Buffalo, TX(Zone 8b)

Peg, will you check my list please? See if I have anything to trade for a hanging basket of caladiums.

Nice picture Beck! Glad you got a camera you can use.

Charlene

Buffalo, TX(Zone 8b)

Beck, if LouC has her bird feeders near her hostas, you may have some seed from than mixed in your hostas. That plant looks like something that grows when my seeds from the birdfeeder take root.

Charlene

Sheila,
I really am excited about meeting all of ya'll. I do a lot of lurking and just started making myself post on this site. I have been on one site that I post on, but I'm trying to learn more and probably running at the mouth. :) I don't have to bring anything home, except friendship, and I cannot wait to meet Beck, Sylvia and Patty, Patrob, Sheila, Eyes and Frostweed, etc. TARogers I don't know yet, but my name was Rogers years ago, so it may be a small world. So, we'll see.

Charlene,

You have a hanging basket of caladiums. No problem. Hopefully they will still be as huge and unique as now.

I would love any brug.

Thanks, Peg

(Phyllis) Flint,, TX(Zone 7b)

Peg I can tell ya from experience as a new person this last year they are the greatest folks you can ever meet!!!!
Great garden information, help and a whole lot of fun!!

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh Boy!!! that was really cute, I will give Dennis a tooted cutting!!!!
Yes I meant rooted, I am sorry i didn't catch it sooner.
You are right it is nice to find plants you don't find at the nurseries, and yes it is winter hardy,
although you might want to keep it potted and protected this winter since it will be small.
Josephine.

Peg.. are you saying you were able to leave the coleus outside?? This is the first year for coleus for me.. and was told I would have to take cuttings.. just looking for shortcuts wherever I can find them..lol... I'll bring you some of mine if you want them.. kinda like .. me casa is su casa... well plants too!! aww come on.. Pattie will be glad to bring you one too.. and if mamajack doesn't show.. you might be getting one anyway.. might be a door prize.. and i'll make sure it has your name on it..LOL..OK.. I'll hush!!

Charlene.. awwww... I am wanting it to be a "rare" offspring!!..lol.. not some ol bird poop dropping...hehehehehehe..but... that never crossed my mind...hmmm I have never seen the hosta set seed.. but I do have a lil one growing in my Christmas Cactus.. and an impatient too!! So I guess it did.. and I know I didn't plant either there... sooo????...lol

Pattie... hmm... I also have many that doesn't have a streak at all.. some came back streaky and some didn't., but the 3 original plants looked just like the pic above... go figure

Peg.. you know I am anxious to meet you!!! These girls are as full of fun as you are!! The guys too!!

Becky mine is from a bulb type root but it looks just like your picture
have you checked the roots?

Carrollton, TX(Zone 8a)

Patrob - put you down for Black magic EE and Hibiscus - both are mature - not starts - can I have indigo spires and red stripe canna?

Mornin!!

Phyllis.. no I haven't dug it up.. but it is.. where I had a hosta planted. I have several popping up where I dug them to replant them in my shade garden.. so I guess i missed an eye or something! I KNOW..LOL it is a hosta. I have bird feeders and I never have anything like this coming up. If nothing else, I am going to pot it up, so ya'll can see and hopefully someone can ID it for me

Grand Saline, TX(Zone 7b)

Pattie, went through my notes the agastache is 'blue delight', just for your records. May I get some St John's wort. That is the ground cover I thought was thyme, right? How many scullcaps do you need? I rooted them in the past and it was slow, but can try again.

cross posted..good mornin' to you too Miss Becky:0)

Mornin.. sweet "sane" thang!!..LOL

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Sure, cocoa, how much st john's do you want? Yes, it's the groundcover type. It's supposed to bloom yellow in the spring, but mine's in shade.

It's not me who wanted the skullcap--think it was stephanie. I was just offering to try to root some, for her & me both. How did you root yours?

Buffalo, TX(Zone 8b)

Merpeg, I'll save you a brug. Thanks for the caladiums.

Charlene

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Kittylover, and I am putting your name on some 'Indigo Spires' salvia and 'Red Stripe' cannas.

Carrollton, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks Patrob

Hey Becky who's rose colored glasses are you lookin thru to think cocoa is sane ???
she is just as nuts as the rest of us when it comes to plants and gardens..
we are both waiting to hit Mea's nursery soon for the cheap rose bushes they put out on sale ($3-$5)...LOL

Wow, it's hard to keep up. Beck, no, I cannot keep coleuses outside. I was a good mom and had them all in their pots in the garage and then we had an ice storm and had no power in the house or garage for 8 days. So much for "all electric." Brrrr.

I may have to bring a notebook just to take notes on all the plants that will be at the RU. Goodness, what an assortment. This is definitely going to be a learning experience for me. Got to get outside since the sun is shining. Peg

Dennis, may I have some of your Carolina Wolberry and Strawberry Bush?
I can get some Horse herb for you and will look for something else, please check my list.
Josephine.

If your going to question my sanity, I must insist you address me by my wrestling name, Nordic Thunder.LOL see # 16 for explanation http://www.pinkjokes.com/joke.php?ID=131

Pattie, Just a pot of St.John will be fine. I don't know where it's going yet.lol I remember loving that foliage tho!

I used the soft green stems of the scullcap for rooting. They're short, but I didn't feel too confident trying the woody stems. I struck them with rooting hormone, moisture control soil and left them in the shade until roots formed. I'll try and root as much as I can for you and Stephanie.

I'm also going to root some extra Black Footed Daisies, white Gaura and Melongolly Blue Scoparia for myself. If anyone would like me to root them some, let me know. I can't guarantee the Scoparia, it's my first time trying to root it, but I'm confident with the other two.

Peg, you need to make a list of your available plants for trade, with the plants that you have promised and the ones that have been promised to you, or you will not be able to keep track.
Start at the top of this thread and see how people are doing it, every one has a different style but we all need to keep notes or it will be a mess. Then you can print your list and bring it to the swap.
I hope that helps.
Josephine.

Yeah Lynea... and I am BIG BAD BECK!!!!!!..hehehe

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Cocoa--oh, I mean NT--for the skullcap. I will give some a try too, and maybe between the two of us we can get enough going.

Patricia, don't forget I'm rooting Indigo Spires, too, if you run out of space or get tired of it. I've never rooted it before, but so far, so good.

::edited to get Cocoa's proper name on here ::

This message was edited Aug 25, 2008 2:28 PM

Carrollton, TX(Zone 8a)

Cocoa lulu - Nordic Thunder - haha - love those jokes - only the one about decaf and espresso is a little mean -- like the one in a parked car with sunglasses point hairdryer at passing cars - lol

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

k, Beck, I checked that spreadsheet. Looks like the extra daylilies I'll have will be 1 Eenie Fanfare, 1 Little Missy, and 1 Strawberry Candy. LMK if you can use any of those.

Pattie.. that Strawberry Candy sounds really good... I'll have to check them out.. but save the SC for me please??

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

GIVING
TexasLizzy
miscanthus sinensis(Japanese silvergrass)
broncbuster
miscanthus sinensis(Japanese silvergrass)
Frostweed
Four nerve daisy
BlueEyes
blackfoot daisy
Aquilegia canadensis
four nerve daisy
DFWDennis
zexmenia
rockrose
turks cap
butterflyweed
texas star hibiscus
four nerve daisy
MerPeg
oxalis purple
Jenepet
oxalis purple
Sheila
pink rain lily
frogfuit
cocoa_lulu
ox eye daisy
Pbtxlady
Aquilegia canadensis
strawberry geranium
Patrob
strawberry geranium
Aquilegia canadensis
kerria
DL Byzantine Emperor
society garlic
Charlene
mexican bush sage
kerria
Becky
DL Byzantine Emperor
society garlic
KittyLover
chives
Tanarae
coral berry
Mibus
chives
white rain lily
society garlic
DATURA12
texas star hibiscus
blackfoot daisy
HAVES
horseherb
dwarf mexican petunia purple
dwarf mexican petunia pink
bouncing bet
shasta daisy “Becky”
white rain lily
dwarf autumn joy sedum

RECIEVING
DATURA12
cereus
broncbuster
Winged loosestrife

Patrob
White mistflower,liatris,little bluestem

Tanarae
hen and chicks, Hot colors DL
Siloam June Bug DL

Dennis
black dalia

Becky
iron cross oxalis

Pbtxlady
bluetoadlily

Cocoalulu
quince, BJsedum feverfew seeds

Frostweed
red orange greggii

TexasLizzy
Black Ornamental pepper,Black EE
BlueBedder Mealy Sage

Sheila
Hilary Sweet Lemon Mint

Jenepet
Pammeke

MerPeg
Bucket

Charlene
chicago apache dl

WANTS
molasses
coffee grounds
compost
white texas star hibiscus
white turk's cap
White Rock rose

This message was edited Oct 15, 2008 10:44 PM

This message was edited Jun 6, 2009 9:36 PM

Anna, could I please have some Four Nerve Daisy? Please check my list.
Josephine.

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Tanarae, are the hen and chicks available?
Pbtxlady, I am interested in the blue toad lily too

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Josephine,my pleasure to pass along the bitterweed. May I have an orange red greggii?

Grapevine, TX(Zone 8a)

I am trying to root several black dalea cuttings. You are welcome to one if enough make it. I will try a few more, just to increase my chances.

Could I have a zexmenia?

Dennis

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.