ET Fall RU 10-11-08 Trade List Pt. 2

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

WOW.. OK.. I'll be first..lol...

Patricia... I have talked myself into wanting some of your bad boy apple mint.. Anything that smells that good can't be all bad!! Does it like sun or shade.. I have a big area of both that I will be more than happy for it to have free reign!! See if there is anything else I can bring you

(Karen) Frankston, TX(Zone 8a)

haha, Becky you do love a challenge don't you? ROTF, it sounds like it smells heavenly!

Karen.. that is the only way for type A personalities to live..lol.. and besides.. I have lots of areas grass won't grow.. so maybe this will take off.. and then I won't have to mow the lil weeds that pop up..LOL Going to bed.. nite!!

(Maggi) Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

So far I have the following:

I know I'll have some Daylilies and variegated Liriope for ETYardboy in exchange for the trees at the last RU

A bunch of stuff for Trish in exchange for the birdhouses at the last RU

For mibus2 Powis Castle Artemisia and Society Garlic, Bulbs and corms? Red Spider Lily, Glads (mixed) maybe some Crocosmia? Crinum?

For Lorraine Bunny Tracks in exchange for car washing once a week ;~)

For 1_Lucky_Texan cuttings of 'Lady Margaret' red passionflower

For charlenesplants some tall fence-hiding Cannas, some dwf Cannas (Tropical series) Indigo Spires and Black and Blue Salvias, Red Riding Hood Mandevilla (flowering vine), cuttings of 'Lady Margaret' passionflower, a tropical for GH

For luvs2garden2000 Society Garlic

For darkmoondreamer - I think I covered everything when Karen and Regine came here, but I will probably come up with something else between now and RU time

A neat Amaryllis bulb (offset) for cocoa_lulu

For DdeTex Artemisia 'Powis Castle', EE 'Bunny Tracks' (if it produces), cuttings of Passion Vine 'Lady Margaret'

I was really going to try to not pack the van too full this time, I'd like to have lots of 'getting to know you' time.

So, everybody make a plan to take the short drive to our place from the park ;~)

This message was edited Sep 8, 2008 6:06 AM

Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

maggie, did you say daylilies? :) do you have any more? i am always looking to add more to my collection. plmk

tracie

aggiegirl - you've got mail

:~)

(Phyllis) Flint,, TX(Zone 7b)

I have thai basil seedlings coming up if anyone is interested in any at the RU

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

How many people are going to be at this round up? Members, guest?
Just curious.
Linda Kay

I believe there was around 55 at our last one....Mibus would know better what the count was

no at the jacksonville one we were in the 60's and this one so far we are DG members around 20 not counting any guests or spouses yet....but you figure one guest per person for a general count and some may have kids or other family with them.

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

IF I am able to make it, it will only be me.

Tia... Don't you start that IF business again..lol I want to meet you!!

I knew I would get ya Becky. I have made another commitment for the weekend before and it has to do with chickens. My other vise I have. I just hope the hubby is going to be good about this. I have to have him, he is the money maker here. I just play for a living. I garden(makes no money) I have my young chickens(makes no money YET) I cook (makes no money) I see a pattern here. I want to be there.

Me too Tia... I just feed off DH's money..lol.. and spend it sometimes...LOL

Gilmer, TX

I have a few more gourds if anyone is interested.

me me me...I didn't get any last time LOL

Tia you could always set up a small produce stand at the end of your drive way and sell your garden goodies LOL

Gilmer, TX

Mibus, I will not let anyone touch those gourds until you get to pick.

Gosh my garden as in veggies has literally gone to the birds, except for the watermelon and maters. I am letting the okra grow so I can dry the pods and send some out to one that want them. I forgot the black eyed peas, they are the ones I planted last month.

catlady, I would love to have a gourd ot 2 if youstill have any left. I have seen some beautiful items made from them. Do you have any gourd seeds?
Linda Kay

Gilmer, TX

Yes tater, I have more gourds and also several varieties of gourd seeds. I'll put your name on both.

DH will probably shoot me yet but I'm gonna ask do you have enough seeds that I could get a few from ya too?
the back part of the lot has nothing but trees so why not plant it with stuff too LOL

Thank you catlady, I have a few bare spots with a chain link fence that could use something to fill in... That would be nice.
Linda Kay

Gilmer, TX

Mibus and tater, I have you both down for gourd seeds and gourds. Anything else I can put you down for?

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

Ok Maggie, couldn't I just come cut bad leaves off brugs and cannas and stuff? (Besides if I do that, I find seeds to steal from Ken) Lots more fun than the old car washing thing. I'll even bring food.

Hahahaha - Lorraine!

I think the only seeds Ken is focused on right now are on his Alocasias. Several of the first batch have sprouted and he's got another batch started.

Lorraine, your a hoot! Wasn't the car washing thing your idea? LOL

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

Yeah, but I've thought about it since then. lol

I'm gonna have some canna seedlings if anyone wants some.

Got lots of seeds too. Hostas, bee balm, datura, etc.

Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

guys, i hate to do this, but i may not have any verbena to share. :( i have been a little lax about watering lately, with preps for the storm and my verbena is still in the black pots. looked at it yesterday and it looks pretty bad. i dont think it will bounce back very well. but, if it does i will let you know. i am sorry.

tracie

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

We've started to get some rain and wind and it's supposed to get kind of bad later, so a lot of us probably won't have what we thought. I'm afraid to look at some of mine.

Same here, about the weather. Not sure how much wind we will get tho.

Well, as long as you bring yourself for friendship, that is all we want. Just take care of yourselves. That is what counts.
Linda Kay

No wind to speak of here probably a bit of flooding tho, I will be ok as I am on a hill. Everything that needs to be put up is.

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

The storm did little here. We may have gotten a half an inch of rain thus far. Some wind but nothing real bad. I worked most of Monday with evacuees that were sheltered in Jacksonville.
I will begin to get things together for the RU. I will have some mums, Turl's cap in red, vareigated and the pink (I hope) and some salvia greggii-Hot lips. I am sure I will have more and will post them soon.

Glad we missed the bad weather. Has anyone heard from Caren from Lake Charles-Heavinscent. I talked to her on Saturday but not since. They were leaving the area.
DD

We've had a steady light rain here, not much wind.

Caren called to say they had made it to the lake and were stopping there. Everything was fine with them. I imagine they'll be headed home soon. I found the following from The Statesman:

Lake Charles cleanup is minimal

By Tim Eaton | Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 11:09 AM

LAKE CHARLES, La. — This city escaped the wrath of Hurricane Gustav, but other cities and towns east of here are beginning to assess the damage and start the repair process.

A convoy of dozens of utility trucks rolled east on Interstate 10 early this morning. As the trucks passed Lake Charles, officials here are preparing for residents to return.

Government officials, disaster coordinators and law enforcement officers counted their blessings at a meeting this morning at the emergency operations center. They said schools and courts would open Thursday. Garbage collection also will resume as normal later this week.

The cleanup will be minimal here, but officials said they’d offer resources to harder-hit areas east of Lake Charles.

We are (as in Oklahoma) housing a few thousand people here from Lake Charles maybe they came up here?

Thanks Maggie, I was concerned since I had not heard from her.
Look forward to seeing you and Ken at the RU. You guys grow some great plants. My MM brug that I got from you is blooming now. A real beauty.
DD

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

Ok, David, can I have a turks cap. Do they survive the winter, or do you need to keep in pot till spring?

It's still raining here, but not a lot of wind. Quite a bit yesterday. I'm in a little "hole" so all the little roads flooded. Haven't checked them today, but maybe they are clear now.

I am here a little chili and a little damp but none to fret over.

Turk's cap will return from roots each year and only get bigger. Good hummer and butterfly plant. Will bloom even in light shade. 1 is yours girl. Glad you did not get bad weather.
DD

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.