North Central Texas Fall Roundup Trade Thread #2

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Kim, got you for cones.

I went out to take cuttings from my Jacob Cline monardas (red) and found that they had gone dormant or something too. They aren't dead, but they only have tiny leaves at the base of the big stems. It didn't do that last year, so I don't know what's up.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

NO Beck...you were right ...I want a yellow canna and will bring you a walking iris.

As for the Monarda....my main plant (Raspberry wine) looked like it was dead last year, then put out all these wonderful new plants from the roots in the spring which I shared in Jacksonville. I hoping they will put back out this year too. I still have a few tall shoots hanging on but they are looking sad.

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

TY Josephine.. I have the perfect spot for it!!

Good luck Kim!!

OK..LOL got you.. Sheila!!

North Richland Hills, TX(Zone 8a)

Anna - I have you down for a DL Pammeke. I'd love to have your oxalis purple. And I'm with you - I love this "shopping without spending money"!!

Midwest City, OK(Zone 7b)

Good morning everyone! I have got to play catchup here, so I'm really going to look like a hog. Please look at my list, OR, consider a trade for a clean 5-gal paint bucket with handle DH is a painter and I have enough to bring 1 for every DG member so far.

May I please trade for:
Frostweek Mexican Milkweed
Sheila_Fw Sweet Lemon Mist
Tanarae Galaxy Mix Hibiscus
DFwdennis Flame Oxanthus
Kittylover Pineapple Sage
cocoa-lulu Cashmere Bouquet
Melvatoo Turk's Cap
Bananna - Oxalis Purple
blue_eyes Purple Ruellias
Texas Lizzy October Skies Aster

Real oink, oink, since I did it all in one thread! The people I already had trade down with I did not go back to, but if you want a bucket, just let me know :)

Everybody have a nice holiday! Peg

Carrollton, TX(Zone 8a)

This message was edited Aug 29, 2008 3:03 PM

Carrollton, TX(Zone 8a)

Jenepat - I have you down for Tropicanna Canna - May I have your caesalpinia gilliesi birds of paradise seeds?
Merpeg - I have you down for pineapple sage - not positive that's the cultivar - but that's what is looks like - May I have your Morning glory midnight Blue seeds?

Thanks

Buffalo, TX(Zone 8b)

Got you down for the verbena Kim.

Does anyone have any cannas with varigated foilage? I have lots of Phaison Tropicanna Cannas to trade. They have beautiful dark burgandy foilage with a dark solid orange flower. I got one canna in a trade last year with a yellow flower and varigated (green / white stripe) foilage. I would love more or some similar. I don't remember the name of it though. Go figure! And at my ripe young age........

Charlene

Great, thanks Esther! Please do look at my list & let me know if you see anything you'd like.

Jennifer

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

Charlene, is this the canna you are wanting? I have only one small rhizome of 'Pretoria' aka 'Bengal Tiger' and wish I had more too!
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/3303/

Grand Saline, TX(Zone 7b)

Merpeg, have you down for cashmere bouquet :0)

Buffalo, TX(Zone 8b)

Patricia, I have one with similar leaves and a yellow flower. I would love more of the yellow or some of the orange. I just love the foilage!! By next spring maybe we will each have an extra to trade so we will both have the yellow and orange.
Charlene

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Charlene, I will bring you a purple Fall aster.
Josephine.

Carrollton, TX(Zone 8a)

Jenepat:

Quoting:
Jenepat - I have you down for Tropicanna Canna - May I have your caesalpinia gilliesi birds of paradise seeds?
Did you miss my request? caesalpinia gilliesi Bird of paradise seeds

Grapevine, TX(Zone 8a)

Merpeg, I have you down for flame acanthus.

Dennis

Carrollton, TX(Zone 8a)

Blue Eyes - what kind of elephant ears do you have?

Seguin, TX(Zone 8b)

merpeg...will put you down for the ruellia.

kittylover...they are the giant elephant ears...came from Sheila last year so they would be the same as what she has.

:) Kim

Carrollton, TX(Zone 8a)

Blue eyes - could I get some of your EE's and incense passionflora? take a look at my list - some of theones listed as "no trades now" actually might be available - if something catches your eye - LMK what you would like

Thanks
Esther

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Peg, I would love a 5-gallon bucket! Never seem to have enough.

Sorry Esther, I did miss that (just saw your first post). I'll mark you down for those seeds. Thanks!!! :)

Carrollton, TX(Zone 8a)

No - Thank you!

Peg, I could also use a five gallon bucket, may I have one please? I use those for making compost tea, they are great!!.
Josephine.

Buffalo, TX(Zone 8b)

Josephine, you are a sweetie! You know I love asters!!
Charlene

Grapevine, TX(Zone 8a)

Josephine, can I have one of your namesake plants? I got one last year, but it didn't make it.

Of course Dennis, how about two just for insurance?

Grapevine, TX(Zone 8a)

Sounds great, Josepine! Thanks! I've been admiring them for a while and hope I can get them to take.

Dennis

They will Dennis, the ones I am bringing are in gallon pots.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am also adding 2 small Carolina Snailseed vines to my list anyone interested?
http://wildflower.org/plants/result.php?id_plant=COCA
Josephine.

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

No problem for Merpeg, Jenepet and Blueeyes.Check my list to make sure it is accurate. Merpeg, would love a clean paint bucket too...for compost tea as well!
Yeah! I can BOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Need some advice for rooting coralberry. Is it better to take the end of the branch now just starting to form the flowers(of the berries) or from the "legs" that extend from the base. Sorry, don't know that plant terminology..................

Grapevine, TX(Zone 8a)

Does anyone have any experience rooting black dalea? I've tried probably about 20 so far, but quite a few have failed. I have about 8 left that I did a few days ago, but time will tell if they shrivel like the other ones... Is there anything I should try to help them survive?

Dennia.. I am new to cuttings as well.. but mamjack let me in on a "secret"..lol.. this may not work for dalea.. but I rooted the black and blue salvias this way and it worked..OK... pot the cuttings and leave in the shade for several days, till you know they arel rooting and nice shiny lil leaves are coming out.. that is key #1.. then gradually move them to the sun levels they normally grow in... #2... start .. when you pot them up..with 24 hours in a lil water..maybe an inch.. take it out.. and maybe put back in ..in another 24 hours.. depending how wet.. or how dry the climate is. In and out.. in and out... but I tell you it works for me!

Anna, Coral Berry is not easy to root, but if you take a small side branch about 5 inches long and remove the lower leaves, and also any flowers or berries and leave only for leaves on the cutting.
Pot and place in the shade and mist it at least twice a day, it may work out O.K.
We root them in the mist bench with misting every 10 minutes.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dennis, Black dalea is even more temperamental, the plant likes dry, but it must be kept moist in order to root, so a lot of them end up rotting away. I wish I could be of more help, but if something is working for you stay with it.

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

Josephine, what do you mean by side branch( not one of the runners?)
Oh No Tanarea. I don't know about this trade. I will give this a try .

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Will put you down for Hillary's Swt Lemon Mint Merpeg.

Oh....I almost forgot....I have about 50+ seed trays I got free from another DGer that I would like to share if anyone is interested. They are the extra big 288 ct cell !!! I thought maybe 6-8 per person...anyone interested?

This message was edited Aug 30, 2008 12:20 AM

Anna, I meant one of the smaller branches that grow on the sides of the main stems.
I guess it is hard to explain without a drawing.

This message was edited Aug 30, 2008 7:50 AM

I've updated my list now, I'm trying to keep it straight. Everyone who offered what I asked for and did not say a trade, I'm presuming a bucket for you. Let me know, okay?

Everyone have a safe weekend and hopefully some garden time. I am looking forward to putting names with faces come October. :) Peg

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Sheila, I'd take some of those cell trays!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.