Dr. Hauschka Skin Care

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

I've been wanting to try these plant based products for a couple years, but I finally took the plunge today and picked up their Rose Day Creme -- I love how it feels (and smells).

Is there anyone here with much experience with this product line? I'd like to hear your opinions & experiences.

Here is an article from the Int'l Herald Tribune: http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/06/29/style/green.php

And from the company's website: http://www.drhauschka.com/about/our-history/

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

This stuff is awesome. I adore the cleansing cream, which is like a cleanser & moisturizer in one, with gentle exfoliation grains. The rose day cream is also quite heavy. This line is excellent for dry skin - I don't know about the oily/acne prone skin formulations, but the oil is supposed to be great. I haven't ventured into their makeup line.
If you get turned off by the prices, you can find deals on eBay. The containers last a long time.
Very good quality!
Julie

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Hi Julie! I'm glad to hear that you like the cleansing cream - I was thinking of trying it. Yes, the rose day cream goes on heavy, but is absorbed well by my skin and leaves it feeling good. I'm beginning to develop relatively dry skin and it gets worse in the cold weather. I may try the RDC Light when the temp's and humidity climb again.

I went back and picked up shampoo & conditioner as I was out of my usual stuff. I am loving the products, so far. Regarding prices, I have to say that they are actually less expensive than the products I had been purchasing, so I'm very pleased overall. They're by no means "cheap" but not nearly as bad as the high end spa and dept. store products as well as the other skin care line that I posted about on this forum (also very nice products).

I'm not sure if my shop sells the makeup line, but I'll take a gander.

This message was edited Nov 15, 2008 7:27 PM

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

I have an update on the Hauschka shampoo & conditioner: I'm not a big fan, unfortunately. I have to use a ton of each in order to have any effect.

Once I finish these bottles, I think I will go back to using Pureology. It is expensive, but considering that I only need a tiny amount of S&C on my very thick, long hair, the products last a loooong time. At the rate I'm going through the Hauschka, I should be done with them in no time -- and they don't leave my hair feeling as good as the Pureology does.

~End of Field Report~

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

I haven't tried the hair products - They seem a little expensive. Now I won't be so tempted!
I think they excel in their skincare line.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.