Better translation of Gene List

Toronto, ON(Zone 5b)

Got this from google scholar. This article is by Imai from the 1930's. Basically similar to Kyushu as translated by google. This one is from a professionally translated journal, not updated, so there might be some alleles missing =)

http://www.journalarchive.jst.go.jp/jnlpdf.php?cdjournal=ggs1921&cdvol=14&noissue=1-2&startpage=24&lang=en&from=jnlabstract

Eliz

Toronto, ON(Zone 5b)

From here we see the allele couple : Two flower-buds grow side by side in a leaf axil ; one blooming a few days later than the other.

Does Xiong's exhibit this? I've only seen 2 types of I. nils bloom/bear buds. Xiong's bloom fits the description above, but I'm not sure. Would like some input on this pleeeeasse =D

liz

thanks eliz... :-)

Wilmington, DE(Zone 7a)

Eliz,

I recall Xiong's CMG growing like that. I thought at the time on how cool it was to deliver twice as many flowers as the regular vine.

I am starting a margined flower JMG vine (Hukurin or Fukurin depending on which early 20th century JMG genetics paper you read) to grow indoors. I had 2 seeds from a 2005 commercial seed packet left, and got one to germinate. The other seed may germinate someday but am happy to have the one vine to play with over the winter.

Joseph

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.