Snow at last!

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

LissaD that pic of your kids is too cute for words.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Dahlia won't be here until January or February so if we wait until she gets here, that might work out well.

Santa Fe, NM

Yes, I was thinking of LissaD, too. I was looking at the train schedule posted in the newspaper but my friend took it! She said she'd make me a copy. We could all have lunch somewhere, (preferably Asian?)! I may ride down sometime before that if DH is inclined. I'd like to see how it goes.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

I like Asian food.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

So do I. Any type of Asian food, in fact.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I smell a NM PAR_TY ^_^ Seat sales are just coming on now so should have travel details soon. I sooo would luv see LissaD and dparsons too. We'll plan to be Albuquerque way on a weekend if that's best. Just think it will be like a NM orient express with asian dining. Cool. I'm bringing tons of seeds and Canadian RM rocks (just work with me customs dudes cuz I'm gonna boil the rocks geesh). What else should I bring? Anything Canuck that you all would like? Today while we were trucking/sliding through the drifts DH rolled his eyes and said like we're NOT going to NM.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I can't wait for your arrival Dahlia and the Asian meal. I don't know what you can bring from Canada except wheat and Moose? Actually maybe the moose is in Alaska, not Canada. I don't know enough about Calgary to know what to ask for, but seeds sound terrific. Bring them. And anything else that comes to mind. We will regale you with Asian and New Mexican food and tours of all the nurseries worth visiting. Can't wait to hear your schedule. I am looking forward to meeting dparsons and am looking forward to seeing LissaD again. Wait until you see her tribe of adorable little boys and her huge new house in one of the poshest areas of Albuquerque -- with an entire acre of land.
I am hoping we will get a tour of dParsons yard and greenhouse.
The seeds will be fun, too.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

O ya I can give dparsons some pretzel pointers for reconoitering the greenhouse once its jammed. I can just imagine how greeeeen I'm going to be about all your gardens. You will have to be patient. I will not recognize anything sigh because we have different woodys and natives up here. I am a NM newbie.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Oh, you all better take a lot of pictures and share with me!!!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

No worries bsavage. Roybird is a Photo Queen ^_^

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

I was going to suggest the Rio Grande Nature Center and walk along the river - if the weather is good. And of course you are welcome to come see my place. Just be warned it is a work in progress with less than half of the dirt surface converted to plant-based landscaping. This will be fun.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I like the idea of the Rio Grande Nature Center along the river -- if the weather is good. And of course we want to see your place no matter how much is covered -- and the greenhouse. You will feel a lot less embarrassment when you see mine which is also a work in progress. I can show you a lot of rock.
Gee, Dahlia, maybe I can trade you some NM tufa for some Canadian -- whatever it is that you have? They are bound to be different. And don't worry about not recognizing the plants. We may not either, but at the Rio Grande Nature Center, I bet they have labels. I do know pinon trees and ponderosa pines and blue spruces and aspens when I see them, but you probably do, too. We will just have fun.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Whooo hoooo I have a blue spruce!!! None of the others you mentioned paj live here booo hooo (crappola). I think that's a great idea re: the Nature Centre and the river walk. Dparsons just about every pic I posted this summer had a "please excuse the construction debris' or 'work in progress' note. That's just the grand joy. We're always all a work in progress ^_^ But ya know, suddenly TAA DAA! Well not just yet for me but I'm workin on it.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Its not so much embarassment. I just didn't want you all to expect a whole lot. Over 50% of my yard had rocks on it. Actually, I think I'll enjoy showing it to you as most people I know just don't get what I'm doing. As for me personally, I prefer to remain a work in progress for a bit longer too dahlianut. I'm not ready to present the final product either.

We will have fun. :)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

You know dparsons retaining the status of always being a work in progress has its advantages. You can just keep messing with those beds forever. It is WAY too much fun. ps I luv rocks. Can I take a small one home? I have NO NM rocks in my garden YET.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

You can take all the rocks you want. I'll only reserve a couple of the larger ones I have already designated for the yard.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

And you can have all the tuff (tufa) you want from my yard. It has the advantage of being lighter in weight that other rock.

Santa Fe, NM

I really like rocks. Rocks rock! Yes, a walk and the Nature Center. I was thinking of the Botanical Gardens over by the Aquarium but I don't know how that is in January. I like the cactus house, of course. It is kind of pricey, tho, if most of it is dormant. And the butterfly house will be closed, too. I got rained out this morning trying to hurry and get pictures of the new storm coming in! There were these great luminous clouds this morning early and I missed them. By the way, my house and garden are no great shakes. The house is in the process of trying to dissolve back in to the earth and the garden looks brown and stickery. We are rich in concrete, however! The original owners had a passion for it. That, too, is dissolving, though. The only reality is change! I have to go be a chi gong teacher in about an hour so I'd better get in to a good Taoist mind set. l.o.l.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

The botanical gardens are nice to roybird. I think a look in Winter is nice as in all 4 seasons. I like to know how things look the whole year, not just when in flower. Some will be green and happy. I think the price is $7.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I would love to see the Botanical Garden in Albuquerque. I have never been there and I have heard it is very nice. DH is not into plants so when we go to Albuquerque we get to stores for groceries and things he likes. I will leave him home when we take our trip to Albuquerque.
I agree that is nice to see things year round. That way you can tell if your plants are dead or not in the winter.

Corrales, NM(Zone 7a)

"That way you can tell if your plants are dead or not in the winter"

That's great Paj! Thank you for all the kind words about the kids picture. It was fun to do. My boys love having a little land to run around on.

As for meeting up. It will all depend on when and where. We have quite a few obligations and things set up in Jan already. But, please do keep me informed and if I can make it I will. We have season passes to the botanical gardens and Albuquerque Biopark it is nice to go whenever we want. Right now is the River of Lights for the Holidays. We went last year after Christmas. It was a wonderful magical show and the children loved it.

I have dibs on my seeds already, right DN?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Yupper LissaD. I will be collecting those next summer. I will be bringing other seeds that I have on hand now which is a good thing because I keep making a seed waterfall in the seed fridge. Another order arrived yesterday. I know. It's a sickness.

Santa Fe, NM

Well, the Botanical Gardens are o.k. with me. Paja, you should see it. Very nice. The cactus house will be good in January and get Dahlia ready for southern Arizona!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I love cactus. I used to collect them, but then I moved to Louisiana and they all died.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Roybird, You teach chi gong? Cool!

I would love to join you all on this great expedition, but that will not be happening.

It was a complete blizzard when I got up this morning and my neighbor got in a jam and unexpectedly needed someone to take her dog to the groomer's for the only appointment she can get before Christmas. I take care of their dogs when they vacation but had never had the sheltie on a leash or in my car.

Turns out he bucks like a bronco on a leash and his head is so small his collar comes right off. I ended up having to carry him to my pickup and put him inside it. Drove slowly through the whiteout to the vet. Had to carry the dog inside at the vet's with the highway too close by. All I need is to get my friend's dog killed, sheesh. Luckily I don't have to bring him home. He is a nice dog, just freaked at unfamiliar doings.

The snow is really coming down.

Santa Fe, NM

Nice to hear from you, Mulch! Doesn't sound like a very fun day. Yes, I do teach chi gong as well as study it and tai chi. Obviously, I like it. I wish you were coming to visit, too. Maybe in the summer or fall?

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Hey, Roybird, I'm a tai chi student, too. And tango, too. Quite the combo, eh?
Julie

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Oh, picante, I have been trying to get DH to take tango with me. I keep telling him it will make him a better actor.

Santa Fe, NM

Picante, it sounds like an excellent combo! Good for actors, of course.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I'm learning how to krump.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

krump? Is that a folk dance?

Santa Fe, NM

Urban folk, I think, are krumping.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I just want to mention that post-dropsy there will be krumping.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Now there is a sentence I have never read before, nor anticipated... <">I just want to mention that post-dropsy there will be krumping. LOL!

This message was edited Dec 22, 2008 10:01 PM

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

^_^ Ya see I'm soooo already pretty close to post-dropsy ^_^

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Dang, I forgot how to quote! You sure that dropsy wasn't caused by absinthe? Hugs... glad you're feeling better!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

No hugs back in case dropsy is catching. But look at me now I'm almost perky ^_^ I have been practising dum de dum de dum

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Ooh, can't wait for the recovery. Thanks for not exposing us to dropsy. Dum de dum de ... mine was more like all --oo--ha--oh! Works, too. Get well ASAP! The days are lengthening. Don't miss a second!

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Sung to tune of "Fa la la la la la la"

Urban folk I think are Krumping
Dum Da Dum Da dum da dum dum dum
Absinthe drank we began to dropsy
Dum Da Dum Da dum da dum dum dum.
Tango class to build our acting
Dum da da da da da dum da dum

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Well, it is snowing again here. We picked up several inches last night and it is supposed to continue until 11:00 am. I think we have about 4 more inches.
Naturally, it would snow because I am driving 100 miles today to like at a rescue puppy. I am bringing my poor old dog whose health is failing. The Dr. said a puppy would be good both for Keisha and me. I have been visiting all the animal shelters looking for just the right puppy. There are lots around, but none in Los Alamos. But the search is fun. Trouble is all those dogs want to go home with me. How do I narrow it down to just one or two?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.