Havin' a rock & roll party !

Maricopa, AZ(Zone 9b)

If you remember the thread , It ain't heavy .......;

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/911329/

Had so much fun there there that I decided that I had to do it again . This is a pic of the rocks obtained on the last sojurn .

Thumbnail by lonediver
Maricopa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Todays new acquisitions .

This message was edited Dec 12, 2008 4:42 PM

Thumbnail by lonediver
Maricopa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Made the tires squat ! Think maybe there is a few pounds there ?

Thumbnail by lonediver
Maricopa, AZ(Zone 9b)

I acquired a new ( it's used but new to/for me ) cart that I traded a grower friend of mine out of that will make this chore a lot easier .

Thumbnail by lonediver
Phoenix, AZ

BIG rock envy

Maricopa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Cart stands about 5 1/2 feet tall and the way it is built leaning back gives lots of leverage for lifting heavy loads . Considering it was designed to move heavy boxed plants it will do nicely for this chore or boudler/rock moving .

Thumbnail by lonediver
Maricopa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Well fishie , it is rock and roll party time here . Want to come down and roll a few rocks around ?

Here can be seen last trips rocks over to the right and preparing to get this new load off . One can also see thhe new dead tree in the left of pic .

Thumbnail by lonediver
Maricopa, AZ(Zone 9b)

A little further back . A lot of this rock will go to this area of the yard and ..........

Thumbnail by lonediver
Maricopa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Mount lonediver , it has been stark too long . Some attention is going to start being paid to it .

Thumbnail by lonediver
Maricopa, AZ(Zone 9b)

It has sat barren too long . Some time I will have my creek starting for here . So now is time to start accessorizing it with rockscaping .

Thumbnail by lonediver
Maricopa, AZ(Zone 9b)

The first of many rocks moved to its base , many will be drug up on to its slopes . I had placed the saguaro skelton there quite some time ago to make it appear as if it fell down from there . Should look much better and natural with some rocks placed on the mount and some plantings this spring hopefully .

Meantime ;

We're going to rock around the clock tonight ,

rock , rock, rock , till broad daylight ...........

Anybody want to join me ?

Thumbnail by lonediver
Phoenix, AZ

Lookin' great LD.
You ambition is admirable!

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Looking good !!

Maricopa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Had some fun moving and placing some of these today . I am guessing that it will take some 15 to 20 loads of rock like these last two to do my place the way I would like to see it done . Probably some three to four loads simply along the strembed . likely to take six to eight months as I can only attack it a bit at a time . This will make a lot of difference in the looks , I am quite pleased in how the small area that I have started with is looking already .

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.