Starling, European Starling (Sturnus vulgaris)

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Thumbnail by dellrose
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

You've captured the iridescent colors nicely, Rose.

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Thanks Burn...they are still playing havoc here...but they are a very pretty bird!

Logan Lake, BC(Zone 3a)

That's a really good image. Luckily we don't have too many of them in this zone...too cold in the winter...to hot & dry in the summer!

Concord, NC

I agree, Amazing photo! I have always liked starlings! them, along with, red wing blackbirds and ravens I think are my favorite birds, Thanks for this Wonderful pic!

Spring, TX(Zone 8b)

Very intelligent birds - make wonderful pets - terrific imitators, will amaze you with all the sounds they can make and they will talk also. I had one for a little over 9 years and he had about a 40 word vocabulary and an unlimited "sound" ability - for instance: whistle for the dog, wolf whistle,
squeaky door, various crash, bang and pound noises, squeaking of the mailman's vehicle's brakes, and many more, would say , I'm such a pretty thing, hello, how are you, what's your name and many more. Miss him a lot.

Cool Photo.

Da

Green Cove Springs, FL

What a beauty! :-)

Spring, TX(Zone 8b)

This and the House Sparrow are only two birds, in USA, that can be killed legally.

They can also be taught to talk, not as well as some birds but unstandable - mine before he died at 6 years, had vocabally of 30+ words.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.