Twilight book series

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

Now I can understand why all the teenagers are reading it. It's addictive! I'm on my 3rd book in 3 days!

*Photo - copyright from Stephenie Myer website.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci
(Zone 7a)

After the 1st one, you kind of have to finish the rest. I couldn't leave those characters hanging! LOL Will Bella get her deepest wishes? Will Edward beat the bad guys? What happens to all the others?

Let us know when you finish #4.

I'm on #4 right now. I bought the 1st 2 and read them in 2 days. Then I went to one of the bookstore that I had a coupon and they said they were out of book 3 and 4 and none of them had the book. I freaked! But I did find them at a larger book store chain and I bought the 3 and 4 in hardback.

I thought the 2nd one was the slowest.

(Zone 7a)

After you finsh those, you might try The Host. That one was interesting. I have to get some of her others now.

OK. Is it by a different author?

(edited) Have you seen the movie? I just saw it last week, before I read the book. It was really good. Clean, for the kids to see, but lots of sexual tension. LOL!

This message was edited Dec 31, 2008 3:12 PM

(Zone 7a)

No, it's the same author. She writes well and I enjoyed them all.

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

I was so happy to read of this author's "overnight success" as they call it! I've not read the books but recall waaaay back when people telling me---hey I read this love story only it's not smutty and it's about vampires---okay it sounds a bit much---but oh my gosh it is SO good---- LOL. I've not yet read them or seen the movie but look forward to!

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

Since this was an older thread on the series I thought it'd be good to cross-reference the two.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/855066/

(Zone 7a)

Did you finish them, Lili?

yes. i did. it was really good and i read the partial 5th book too.

(Zone 7a)

I very much enjoyed them. I'm glad you did, too.

I checked out that other book The Host, but haven't had a chance to read it.

(Zone 7a)

I'm anxious to hear how you like it.

Rockport, TX(Zone 9a)

Shoot, I could just shoot my sister-in-law for giving me Twilight. I've been to every store in the neighborhood looking for the 2nd one! I keep trying to remind myself that I hate romance and I never want to date again. This series is making it very hard to maintain my resolve.

I used to really enjoy the TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Kinda similar! Love that tortured vampire love!

How about Moonlight. Did you watch that last season. Mick St. James is hot!

(Zone 7a)

Don't forget Angel. LOL

And yes, he is!

This message was edited Feb 7, 2009 9:22 AM

I never watched Angel or Buffy.

Ripley, MS

My daughter has read these books on line at this site
www.scribd.com
I am not a fan of vampires, but now that some of you have enjoyed them, I wonder if I am missing something--lol
Sandra

The "Twilight" book series are good! It just sucks you in and you can't help yourself. Everyone I've talked to said they like it. I haven't met one person who read it and said they didn't like it. It's fairly clean for your average teenager too.

I've tried to read The Host, but I just can't get into it... Anyone else read this book?

(Zone 7a)

I'm sorry you aren't liking it. I'm also glad you only borrowed it.

oh, well. My SIL said that she has a horror book out there too.

Rockport, TX(Zone 9a)

I just bought New Moon and read it in one day. I have to say though that I really wanted her to end up with Jake! Maybe because it's winter and the thought of a literally hot man is much more appealing than a cold one.

BTW, loved the Angel series too but for some reason I didn't watch Moonlight.

(Zone 7a)

Moonlight is interesting. It's on the SciFi channel now.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

what is moon light?

It's a show that came on last season. It did not get picked back up this season, but it's out on DVD now, so you can rent it and watch. It's about a guy that's a vampire and he's in love with a human.

(Zone 7a)

He's also a P.I. and cute as heck. ☺

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

ohh sounds like my kind of show.

Didn't someone mentioned above that it's on SciFi channel?

(Zone 7a)

Here he is! Alex O'Loughlin.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Yes, they started running it recently.

I've set up my DVR to record them, even though I've seen them all already.... :) He's smoking!

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

ohh he is pretty dreamy.

Rockport, TX(Zone 9a)

I finished the third book yesterday. I have to say that the one element that I don't care for is the character of Bella! She is so annoying. First of all, she shouldn't be running home all the time to cook for her dad or spending her Saturday's cleaning house. He's the grown-up. He should be cooking and cleaning. Second, she's always crying and blaming herself for every stupid thing. Very annoying.

She doesn't want gifts or parties or clothes. What the heck is wrong with her?

She's also seems to be fainting or having some kind of a break down all the time, and some man is always carrying her around or rescueing her. It makes me want to slap her.

I never understood why she was so afraid of Victoria either. She barely saw her one time and then every time she's mentioned after that she starts hyperventilating. Annoying.

I understand that Meyer is writing the first book again from Edward's point of view. That would be interesting. I still like Jacob best though.

That book was not complete, only with 3 draft, when one of her employee posted it on the web. Right now it's on hold, but you can read all 265 pages of it her website. It's Twilight from Edward's point of view. Very cool.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Really I , I loved bellas character. To me I just saw it as her innocence. she is just not the social type. She is the type who would rather bury her head in a book, such as wuthering heights.

This message was edited Feb 9, 2009 5:47 PM

(Zone 7a)

Me, too. I think she got stronger as the books went along.

Rockport, TX(Zone 9a)

OK, I guess I'll give her one more chance. She seemed much stronger to me in the first book though.

(Zone 7a)

The 4th one, for me, brought it all together and made it worthwhile.

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

I really liked the host. I think it's probably a better book than Twilight. It did take me a bit to get into it. The concept is confusing and hard to write, imo. She gets better at it as the book goes on. The ending leaves it wide open for a sequel, which I'm hoping she does.

I couldn't get into it, so I gave up on it. Might as well, I want to read all my sequel at once. I can't wait a year, I'll forget.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.