Rocky Mtn Gardening Calendar - help needed

Longmont, CO(Zone 5a)

I'm trying to find the calendar that is for the wall, specific to the Rocky Mtns, and each month has specific gardening things to do. I can't find it by googling. Has anyone seen this calendar this year? Maybe the publisher dropped it?

thanks in advance

Denver Metro Area, CO(Zone 5a)

I know just the calendar you are talking about! I bought one a few yrs. back near the bookstore at a mall...really good advice about when to clean up, plant, prune, prepare soil and do all things pertaining to the Rocky Mt. garden. I haven't been able to locate another, since then. Please post here if you locate them?

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Alas, I don't think I have ever seen such a calendar. Maybe one of us should create one and sell it -- like roybird who takes such wonderful photographs.

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Gardening in the West Calendar by John Cretti. Google it and see where you can get it, or check your local garden center. Also, he has written books on the various areas of the Rocky Mountains, though I have learned more on here in the past. I've found that if I read a couple of months in advance, I know what I need to be getting ready for, but not always to his time line.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

O Wow 'Month to Month Gardening in Montana' by John Cretti. Anybody read this???

Longmont, CO(Zone 5a)

Mtnmama, you didn't by any chance save that old calendar away did you? I should have saved mine, drats. I have found the books everyone mentioned but no calendar.

Longmont, CO(Zone 5a)

I think I found it. The 2009 Month by Month Gardening calendar can be ordered at, of all places, Walmart. You can also order it from Powell's Books, www.powells.com. If this is the correct calendar here's the ISBN: 9780740777257. The publisher is Andrews McMeel Publishers. It's $13 at Powell's and $11 at Walmart. The name on the calendar is "Gardening in the West".

Is this the same calendar??

Casper, WY(Zone 4a)

I am curious to know why anyone needs a calender to tell them what to do monthly. I keep notes and go by instict since I have gardened for more than 40 years.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Well, I do too, but not everybody has those instincts. The kinds of instincts you talk about come from experience and beginning gardeners don't have them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.