Druids in Space

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

I wasn't tuned in when Dahlia confessed to being a rocket scientist shortly before Christmas. But I do have a question for PJ: Where, oh where are your puppy pictures? Piper wants to see. This is part of Piper right here.

Thumbnail by picante
Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

I LOVE the title to this thread.

It inspires one to new heights in gardening...

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

PS I have been thinking about this and I am stumped. Does anyone know what flowers a Druid would plant on an asteroid?

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

The only literature I know of that speaks to this issue is "Le Petit Prince" by Antoine de St-Exupéry. I'm not absolutely certain that the Little Prince is a druid. However, he does live on an asteroid, and there is much discussion of a certain rose and its character.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Also a baobab tree.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Dahlias because its a perfect world and I think also Sausage Trees. Piper is a very pretty colour, isn't she/he?

Santa Fe, NM

Nice new thread, Picante! My first thought was that a Druid would plant an Oak. For flowers, a rose does seem like a good idea.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Do we get to see other parts of Piper? Does Piper like asteroids?

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

If I can get her to not move between the time I press the button and the time the shutter releases, yes.

Asteroids aren't really part of her reality. She likes small enclosed spaces.

Thumbnail by picante
Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

On second thought, I bet she'd go any place where there's a sausage tree.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Note to self: add sausage tree to asteroid garden...

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Piper is just so prettiful. She has a pink nose too. What do you call her colour?

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

She's a Mozilla Firefox, and they all have that reddish-gold colour.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Puppy pictures on the way, but first I need to take some more. Tell Piper it won't be long. In the meanwhile here is a picture of a Sausage Tree. Yum!

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Raja chewing on her bone -- with Keisha looking on -- both surrounded by shreds of plastic flower pots that Raja has chewed. Serious business this chewing.

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Raja with bone -- looking up.

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Ooohhhh, she's adorable, PJ!!

I showed Piper the sausage tree, and she said smelling is believing. She'd like to meet you.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I think Piper and Raja could be related. They are both shades of the same color and are equally adorable. I have always liked these Mozilla Foxfires, myself. I bet piper is lots of fun. I would love to meet you both. It isn't very warm here, but I bet its warmer than Helena. Why don't you both come on down!

The Sausage tree looks very appetizing but tell Piper that the sign in the attached photo was placed in front of it:

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

For Piper and the druids here is the warning in front of another one of our sacred trees.

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

This is the tree that provides us druids with ammunition in case we are attacked. Think how much money the US could save if it just grew a few more of these. First of all it would rid us of all the people so dumb as to sit under it!

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

It has a nice flower for such a deadly tree.

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Thanks PJ, but Piper doesn't understand the signs. She just uses her nose. She says if people just used their noses more, they could avoid a lot of problems. And she wishes Raja many good bones.

It makes me happy to know Raja has found her pack. Lucky dog!

Santa Fe, NM

Cute dogs. Are they druids?

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Very cute dogs, but they are not wearing hoods so they must not be druids.

Santa Fe, NM

Oh. They need hoods! I once saw a pug in a bat wings costume. It really suited him, too. Pugs always appear to be confused and long suffering, tho, no matter what they wear. I think they are the funniest dogs and I would have one in a minute but D.H. doesn't share my sense of humor to that extent.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Piper's not a druid, no. And she's not too keen on riding asteroids.

However, she does have her talents:
Tooting back at the train
Blowing bubbles in her water dish
Composing poetry (Her book "The Treat Givers" will be available in April)
Dancing (mostly foxtrot)
Yoga
Backcountry skiing

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

No, Raja and Keisha aren't druids either, but they do appreciate trees and use them frequently. Talents, ummm, I'm thinking. Oh year, tearing up newspaper, racing in circles around house or around back yard, at top speed, eating , cuddling sunning themselves, lying on pillows( Keisha only), barking at repair persons -- until they pet. Lots of talents know that I think about it.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I have very important flannel news. I discovered that there is a group of Fabricholics in DG. I have requested their help on finding flannel with dragons or mythical creatures on it. They didn't ask why we were looking for this flannel which indicates to me that they are true flannel experts. Already they found me some dahlia flannel so guess who will be sporting new fabby dahlia pjs ^_^

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

DAHLIA pajamas! Wooowooo! Will you make a nightcap with a tassle?

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Dahlia PJs????? Oh my. I hope they do not find enough fabric for you to make sheets too, or you are doomed! You would not have the will power to resist using both at once, because, they are, of course, dahlias!

Dragons will be awesome too. How about Poppies???

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Papaver somniferum would be appropriate for sheets, since they make you sleepy. Just ask Dorothy.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

I thought you knew not to use both flannel sheets and pajamas.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Dpasons I will wear my red satin pjs with my pink dahlia sheets. My pink dahlia pjs I will wear when tending my dahlias. They will be much too fancy/dancy to hide in a bed.

Englewood, CO(Zone 5b)

I've seen some beautiful sheets with red poppies on them -- can't remember if they were flannel or percale -- but I do remember they were expensive! When did sheets get so expensive?! and why?! www.garnethill.com offers expensive and very beautiful sheets, including percale sheets with wizards and dragons on them, oh my

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Paj please enlighten me - what is the name of the 'ammunition' tree you posted ( 5982612)

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Oh, that's a cannonball tree -- makes sense, I'd say. Here is the label I photographed with it. You can also find it in Plant Files. This photo was taken in Foster Botanical Garden in Honolulu, a great place to visit. See plant files pictures:

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/57539/

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Reno, NV

Lol. Need a spagetti tree to go with the sausages (http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/april/1/newsid_2819000/2819261.stm)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Duchess sphagetti trees will be perfect for the asteroid. That's what some people got upset about the spoof. Really!

Reno, NV

Some people are just too serious. Never something I've been accused of:)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.