pohutukawa

North Augusta, ON

My friend in NZ has some beautiful photos of this, I was going to ask her to put them in plant files but can't find it...any ideas?

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Is it one of these? http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/adv_search.php?searcher[common]=&searcher[family]=&searcher[genus]=Metrosideros&searcher[species]=excelsa&searcher[cultivar]=&searcher[hybridizer]=&searcher[grex]=&search_prefs[blank_cultivar]=&search_prefs[sort_by]=rating&images_prefs=both&Search=Search

If it's not the species or the cultivar 'Gala' (which are the only two entries we currently have in PlantFiles), let me know what it is and I'd be happy to see what I can find.

North Augusta, ON

This is it...can you tell?

Thumbnail by threegardeners
Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

No, I can't tell. Sorry. I'm not familiar with this plant at all. Perhaps posting the photo in the identification forum might get some results from someone that is familiar with them.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I would definitely post it in the ID forum...Metrosideros is one of the top ID experts over there and since he has named himself after this genus I expect he'll know which one it is :-)

North Augusta, ON

On my way there...

Yelm, WA(Zone 9a)

Hopefully you got an ID. It's a Pohutukawa, otherwise known as the New Zealand Xmas tree. :-) I had two magnificent specimans growing in my yard in NZ. They bloom around Christmas time. I was pleasantly surprised to see them lining the streets of San Francisco. Hoping I may be able to grow one up here in WA once we move to the coast..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images