It's time to vote on our 2017 photo contest! Vote for your favorite photos of the year here!

Northern Cardinal (Cardinalis cardinalis)

Corning, OH(Zone 6a)

Thumbnail by DiOhio
Marlton, NJ

Wow, that's an incredible shot Di!

Southeastern, NH(Zone 5b)

Oh my goodness! I had to show my whole family - I am lucky to see three at a time here.

Clinton, MD(Zone 7a)

Yeah that's real cool. I love those Cardinals.

Hey you've also have a Eastern Towhee, Juncos and a sparrow with the Black cap on it (don't know the name though)

This message was edited Jan 23, 2009 10:51 AM

Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

Wow!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

How wonderful!! I am so jealous! If I spread seed like that here all I would get in groups would be doves and house sparrows.
Beautiful shot.

Corning, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks everyone ! Yes, I love my Cardinals too ! I'm lucky, it's the Ohio state bird and my yard sure proves it ! I get them all year long. We have a lot of briar patches and thick undergrowth which they love to nest in.
I'm very happy that I don't get Starlings and House Sparrows here ! But I do get Mourning Doves, but they usually only feed in the morning and late afternoon.
Yes, there is an Eastern Towhee in the pic and a sparrow.......Maybe a White-throated or a Song. I wish the pic were a bit lighter.

PERTH, Australia

That is astonishing. I never knew they congregated in such numbers.

Corning, OH(Zone 6a)

I think when it's cold and snowy like that, "word" gets around quickly where the good grub is LOL !

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.