What size sweater for tall man?

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I am sending my God son a gift. He is 24 yrs old, tall (6ft 1)but not husky. Do you suggest XL? I am looking @ sweaters @ macy's; reduced from $80 ish to $20 and lower. I am buying everyone a sweater!!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I was going to say go to Eddie Bauer or somewhere that sells tall sizes, but most guys are not offended if you give an xl (and cut off the price but leave the ticket attached). My stepson is/was very tall (6'4") and skinny. He wears normal size dress shirts with long sleeves but an xl or l for a sweater. I think it's mostly pants that are tricky.

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

Many tall men have to by at a big and tall shop of some sort or be special fitted.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I may be a little late to this thread but JCPenney sells tall sizes also.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I did send him a Large but am waiting word that it is too short. I assured him that the hungry retailer, Macys, has such deals now that he should give the Large, if it is too small, to a friend and I will send him a Tall/Large. Really, $85 @ Xmas and $14 in January/Feb/ is a deal that I can send him another one next week.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I wish I had had a godparent! Nothing like that when we were growing up.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Me either. But this kid is just like my own and he has very little, materially. He is a sr. in college. He is brilliant w/ a very keen appreciation for all the gifts God has given him.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

He is blessed to have you!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.