Snowflakes and Snirt

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Both. Depending on how dry versus how wet. Mucksplish is the wetter variety, less sticky.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Ahhh true Kyla.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

What this means, Kyla's literary reference is that we didn't invent the word "snirt" . It has been around for about 100 years that we know of. We probably reinvented it, but isn't that how language works. A word of a certain sort, just needs to be. And someone in 1909 knew that and so do we and who knows how many people between 2009 and 1909. We have distinguished ourselves linguistically as did the first person to use the word -- Ivan Doig or perhaps someone before him.
We are linguistic historians. Send this off to the OED.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

News Flash: Snirtation is contributing to arctic warming.
http://resosol.org/controverses/effetdeserre/neigesalesArctic.html

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Very interesting article. I can see that happening at a faster rate over a broader geographical area.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

You know, I think I have heard that before! No more snirts folks -- and change your light bulbs to fluorescent!

Reno, NV

Ok mini rant.
There are so many things, like useing cf bulbs that can do so much to reduce energy useage AND your power bill that it drives me bonkers that people and cities wont do it. CF bubls, driving just a littel bit less, like not having to drive around and around to find a parking place right next to the enterance of the gym?!? Composting, eating a bit less meat, washing clothes in cold water. And no I'm not perfect and there are things I don't change too. But at somepoint people and bussinesses should decied where they can make positve changes that don't have to be huge things.

Ok thank you and I'll step off my box now:)

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

No problem with the rant. Probably most of us agree with you.

Reno, NV

Thank you Paj. Some people get upset by it.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Ah, duchess...... yes. Why can't we all just take care of each other and the Earth? Why in heck is it so hard?

I share your dismay, though I have been dealing with it for so very long now it has lost some of its sting. There was a time though when I was on fire with how much we could do with just a little willingness and it near broke my heart that it wasn't coalescing that way.

Reno, NV

I think the part that bothers me the most is how easy it is. I'm not talking about giving up all our toys or living in a tree (tho I've wanted to since I read My side of the Mountain). There are so many little, tenny, tiny changes and so many great inventions that don't seem to make it to market. I read about a LED lamp that works off the same principles as counter weight clocks. You pull a cord, lifts a weight in the center, and let there be light. Works for 6(?) hours on one pull and it's weighted so that a child can use it. Cant find that at the store.

Kyla, don't be sad. People like you paved the way and got the ball rolling. And someday it'll roll all over, because it has to.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

The LED lights will be in the stores I feel pretty sure.

thanks, Duchess, I am not sad, truly...... not as a general condition anyway. I do feel it though, at times, and that is not a bad thing. ;-)

Reno, NV

Oh the lights are there. Just not the cuckco clock self powering version:).

And good:)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.