Spring East Texas Round Up TRADES LIST

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I added a few more things (perennials) but not many--I'm trying to "upsize" tomato seedlings, but not getting much done there.
=)

Patrob--can I have some Apple mint and some ghost plant, please?
Josephine--can I have an elephant garlic, please?

This message was edited Feb 13, 2009 11:21 PM

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Yes Debbie, I will bring some elephant garlic for you, it sure is nice.

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

I've put you down for apple mint and ghost plant, Debbie.

Humble, TX

Darkmoondreamer: I have you down. I have seen lemon cucumbers in catalogues, & would like to try a plant or two.

Maggiedew: Thanks for sharing! Here is Gemma picking the last of the tomatoes from the seedlings you gave me last summer. :)

Willistxgarden: I would love both varietys of turk's cap and the texas star hibiscus

If anyone else has other varieties of hardy hibiscus, I told my mom I would look for some cuttings for her.

Thumbnail by madrid2000
(Karen) Frankston, TX(Zone 8a)

Madrid I will have 3 varieties of Hardy hibiscus seedlings............I would be glad to fix her up with a couple

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Madrid - I have you down for the 2 types of Turk's Cap & the Tx Star Hibiscus
may I have a couple of EE Alocasia - if you've enough? Thanks a bunch!

Charlene - please insert a link to my listings when you get a chance....I've listed some of the things I have available...and intend to add more! :~)

Lee

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Darling little garden helper Madrid!

Humble, TX

Thanks sheila, she is a lot of fun!
Darkmoondreamer: One or two of each seedling would be great!
Willistxgarden: I should have enough elephant ears, as it gets warmer, I see more and more of them. If not, I have a few babies that will get bigger in time.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks a bunch, Madrid!

Thank you, Charlene! Lee

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

dmj1218,
Can I get one of each? I will be adding my list in the next few days...

Lycoris sprengeri:
Crinum americanum (these are native to TX):
Crinum hildebrandtii

Trishann

Gosh Trish--I thought I answered you. Must have forgot to hit send, duh! I found your trade list on the CS thread; I'll always take a windchime or a birdhouse (I'm into yard art).
Debbie

Trishann, I will have my list up soon. May I please have a birdhouse?

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

WillisTxGarden could I have a White Texas Star? We have a good many EE you may like. I'm with Maggidew.

Charlene, may I have some of both your wild Verbenas? I love those.
Can you use Penstemon tenuis?
Josephine.

WillisTxGarden may I also have a white Texas star hibiscus? I will have a good trade list up next week, I have been ill and just haven't gotten it up yet. Thanks so much.

Heya Kenboy! Can't wait to see you and Maggi!

Josephine, I'm so glad you are coming to our RU! I'm looking forward to meeting you, have always wanted to.

Buffalo, TX(Zone 8b)

Josephine, I will save you some of both of the Verbenas. I don't need the penstem tenuis though.

Charlene

Hello Karen, I am looking forward to meeting you also, and all the other nice people from East Texas as well.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you very much Charlene, o.k. no penstemon, but could you use some Artemisia (Powis Castle) ?
Josephine.

Buffalo, TX(Zone 8b)

Josephine, The Artemisia will be something new for me and I would love to have some.
Thank you,
Charlene

O.K. Charlene I will save two Artemisia for you.
Josephine.

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

May still seem like a long time away so am not sure on what all I can bring.
Since I am only minutes away from Love's Lookout, some of you may just want to come by and get some things. ( I like visitors )
I will bring these if folks are interested:
Oak leaf hydrangea
Salvia Hot Lips
Perennials-lots to pick from
Ground covers-several var. type
hollyhock, Lion's tail and cleome
I am kinda going nuts on the Cajun tropical hibiscus. These are costly so might have some for special trades.
more later....
DD

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

Debbie and Karen,
I have you both on the list...

Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

Dde, maybe i can bring you something special for one or more of your tropical hibiscus. they are gorgeous! but, i hate to spend a ton of money on them because i dont have anywhere to overwinter them.

tracie

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Karen & Kenboy - I've got y'all down for a White Tx Star Hib.each.
I know you'll love 'em....they're beautiful

Thumbnail by WillisTxGarden
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Even had a 6 petaled one last year

Hmmmm... My DDDude you know you have my interest piqued now. What on earth will I come up with to deserve a trade for a piece of Cajun Hibs? LOL, Let me think on it buddy, I'd love to have one now....

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

David, would you put me down for a couple of your oak leaf hydrangeas? I'll be adding a lot more to my trade list before the RU, maybe even a few more daylilies.

Gilmer, TX

dmj, May I please have one of the Crinum Hildi. Those are new to me and you even said they were native. I will start getting my list together soon.

Thanks, Pam

Pam--those are not native. C americanum is the one I said was native.

David--can I have an oak leaf hydrangea? I have some tropical hib's I can trade, I'll let you know the names, Wed or Thursday when I get back.

Gilmer, TX

Guess I just misrerad, but the Hilde is still the one I liked best.

dmj- I would like an assortment of your bulbs. I will save an oak leaf for you.
patrob- got some Oak leaf for you too.
darkmoom-I'll D-mail you.

Willis- you have several things that I am interested in getting. We will wok a trade prior to May.

This is getting excitin' with new faces to go with the post I read often. Fun times a comin'
DDdude

(Phyllis) Flint,, TX(Zone 7b)

gee I'm just siting here in awe of everything ...pretty much all the seedlings I had didn't' make it but then when I can't have them int eh back room like last year wtih the lights on I think that did them in .
Is hard when the son in law to be is staying with us now and he is in that room so not sure what I'll even have in plants this time I may have to resort to making bread again (oh dang watch out for Becky she'll want it all ) LOL...but then I think I have hubby charged up as I got home tonight and he had made a birdhouse so maybe I can get him to make some more and use those for trades or something....still have time to see if I can get some more seeds going though.

And to make a list of wants..I have no idea I just need to get the back part cleared of the bamboo roots left in there nad leveled out so I can plant stuff at the top of the terrace

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

Phyllis.. mention BREAD, and that will get me out of lurking..lol I have stuff coming up, but I'm waiting till later to know exactly what I'll have to trade

Yeah DDDude.. I am excited to see new faces and of course all the old.. well NOT old.. you know

Beck-be careful on that OLD stuff you may offend some of "those" folks. Look forward to seeing you. Hope you can come by my place this year.

Frosty- I know you like natives. What about the Copper Canyon Daisey ? May have a few of those. Look forward to meeting you.

D

Yes, I would like to have one of those David. I am hoping to put a list up soon.
Josephine.

They root easily and grow pretty fast so may be nice size by May. Got one for you if all goes well. I will do my offical list later. Just testing the water to see what folks may want this year.
DD

Thank you very much.

I have posted my list everyone ☺ If you have already promised me something please look at my list and see what you might like to have! I may be adding more later

Please Dmail me as well to make certain I see your request

Josephine may I please have some of your elephant garlic?

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Darkmoondreamer - may I have a blue shrimp plant and also Fish & Twilight pepper plants?
Also, I have a double ruffle Confederate Rose hibiscus that I'll bring cuttings of - if you would like.
Do you have a peach - colored oleander? I took cuttings from a plant I saw in New Orleans (right after Katrina) photo attached

DD - I'd very much like to get a Copper Canyon Daisy if you have enough - lookin' forward to tradin'!

Lee

Sure thing Lee, got you down

Would love cuttings of the Confederate Rose and Peach oleander if you have enough

This message was edited Feb 23, 2009 2:36 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images